PDA

View Full Version : Heaven's Fury Zeal FOH build?

Brimstonejack
11-14-2016, 12:40 PM
Is there a way we can make this viable? I was thinking for cows and such: Cow set, Heaven's fury, pally neph, corrupt ss, Heaven's Champion, pally sojs or constricting bands? Or switch out CSS/Neph with EoE and pally mara? What do you guys think? Inferno cows with holy shock or conviction zealing while raining FOH?

Lampogriz
11-14-2016, 11:33 PM
TF build will be much more effective anyway

Brimstonejack
11-15-2016, 01:28 AM
I figured that much, but I like playing with different builds, and I like the idea of 75% ctc FOH on a zealer, just raining down FOH left and right with no cooldown. Plus, TF is expensive. This is why i don't get bored before ladder ends. I know there are tested builds that are GG. I like finding one that are fun and work, even if there are still better ones out there.

Game
11-15-2016, 03:35 AM
Is there a way we can make this viable? I was thinking for cows and such: Cow set, Heaven's fury, pally neph, corrupt ss, Heaven's Champion, pally sojs or constricting bands? Or switch out CSS/Neph with EoE and pally mara? What do you guys think? Inferno cows with holy shock or conviction zealing while raining FOH?

This item will be much more viable in Patch 4.2, as multiple Combat Skills on Paladin have been reworked, so with that Heaven's Fury got a slight change as well. I don't think you'll be Zealing with it though :)

Brimstonejack
11-15-2016, 09:39 AM
This item will be much more viable in Patch 4.2, as multiple Combat Skills on Paladin have been reworked, so with that Heaven's Fury got a slight change as well. I don't think you'll be Zealing with it though :)

Is this gonna wreck my idea of rapid-fire raining FOH? :(

Lucid
11-15-2016, 10:35 AM

no its more likely that you have a much bigger choice of different skills to use heavens fury with. Ofcourse, one will be better than the others, as always, but i guess they will be more comparable in future.

sirlancelot
11-15-2016, 10:43 AM
How about summoner hdin build?will that Be viable?

Game
11-15-2016, 11:00 AM

You will not need Heaven's Fury for rapid-fire FoH :). Although it won't be quite as fast now, because as of now it can bug out if you don't have the right amount of attack speed and won't work at all.

Brimstonejack
11-16-2016, 01:48 PM
I've always been a fan of odd offensive procs on multi-hit attacks like zeal, fury, and kicks, especially skills from other classes, with Rift-a-sins being one of my favorite pvm builds on Vanilla. I'd love to see more options for this show up here on Annihilus in the future.

Game
11-16-2016, 06:26 PM
Here's what the new Vengeance is looking like so far, this is what will make the most use out of the new Heaven's Fury: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pGZVLqTFsA&feature=youtu.be

LordManhammer
11-16-2016, 09:28 PM
Here's what the new Vengeance is looking like so far, this is what will make the most use out of the new Heaven's Fury: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pGZVLqTFsA&feature=youtu.be
So that was a Heaven's Fury ctc in action and not just general skill use?

Brimstonejack
11-16-2016, 10:26 PM

I don't think so. I think that's the new Vengeance, and Vengeance is the skill he's using, according to the skill tab.

Game
11-16-2016, 10:40 PM

Brimstone is correct, there is a second FoH that is sometimes called down because of the ctc, but the video is Vengeance itself. As you can see in the video, FoH cooldown scales with strength now, so Heaven's Fury no longer removes the cooldown. It instead makes Conviction affect magic resistance as well.

Brimstonejack
11-16-2016, 10:43 PM
Brimstone is correct, there is a second FoH that is sometimes called down because of the ctc, but the video is Vengeance itself. As you can see in the video, FoH cooldown scales with strength now, so Heaven's Fury no longer removes the cooldown. It instead makes Conviction affect magic resistance as well.

I will definitely be keeping my Heaven's Light, then. Free reroll at patch?

Game
11-16-2016, 10:44 PM
I will definitely be keeping my Heaven's Light, then. Free reroll at patch?

No need! Due to the special nature of the mod (hard to explain), it will retroactively affect any existing Heaven's Furys.

LordManhammer
11-16-2016, 11:29 PM
Awesome:)

Mephisto
11-17-2016, 09:52 AM
Damn i know what to make when the new vengeance goes live :o Impressive, Alex!
Also nice din ur playing there :D

Drlukifer
12-05-2016, 06:29 AM

Pallys needed this. GG

Lampogriz
12-05-2016, 06:48 AM
Visual effect of new vengeanse fills about 50% screen, i dont like it personally. better to keep minimal style

Game
12-05-2016, 07:29 AM
Visual effect of new vengeanse fills about 50% screen, i dont like it personally. better to keep minimal style

It disappears quick enough so it shouldn't cause lag unless theres like 30 vengeance pallies swinging superrrr fast.

Brimstonejack
12-09-2016, 03:18 PM
Just read the patch notes, and this could turn out quite interesting...

val
12-10-2016, 03:42 AM
Dont even try to think on a build... its disappointment :( in my opinion

Brimstonejack
12-10-2016, 05:46 AM
Heaven's fury FOH isn't that great, but holy shit, the Heaven's Fury/cow set Vengeance build is a beast!

val
12-10-2016, 10:34 AM
Give me a hint.... whats the build

LordManhammer
12-10-2016, 03:04 PM
Give me a hint.... whats the build

Cow set+Heaven's Fury+Vengeance=much pwnage, so much wow?

LordManhammer
12-10-2016, 03:05 PM
I'm curious if Game is aware that the damage from the new Vengeance skill doesn't show up on the character sheet.

Game
12-10-2016, 03:06 PM
I'm curious if Game is aware that the damage from the new Vengeance skill doesn't show up on the character sheet.

Correct, D2's poor statsheet cannot handle damage from two different elemental applications, so you have to look at the skill itself and add up the two elements, then add your basic attack damage to it as well. Sorry :(

LordManhammer
12-10-2016, 03:09 PM
Correct, D2's poor statsheet cannot handle damage from two different elemental applications, so you have to look at the skill itself and add up the two elements, then add your basic attack damage to it as well. Sorry :(
It's all good. I'm loving it so far.

Game
12-10-2016, 03:18 PM
It's all good. I'm loving it so far.

Glad to hear it :) It feels like it's definitely viable to me!

LordManhammer
12-10-2016, 03:57 PM
Glad to hear it :) It feels like it's definitely viable to me!

Is Vengeance cast speed based? It doesn't seem to matter what my attack speed is, it always attacks at the same speed.

LordManhammer
12-10-2016, 03:59 PM
I guess so. You can use it without a weapon. This changes everything:)

Game
12-10-2016, 03:59 PM
Is Vengeance cast speed based? It doesn't seem to matter what my attack speed is, it always attacks at the same speed.

It's definitely attack speed based, the "animation" speed will always be the same for the area attack though.

LordManhammer
12-10-2016, 04:14 PM
Not sure what the hell just happened when I was testing that. Maybe I need to lay off of the crack.

Brimstonejack
12-11-2016, 02:03 AM
It's definitely attack speed based. Look at how slow he attacks Santa or LK.