PDA

View Full Version : Need poison necro advice and items!

Blasto The Rocket Boy
11-21-2016, 09:15 AM
how goes it guys, was wondering if anyone has a good skill/stat and gear build for a maelstrom necro. Just started the server and loving it :D great community, very helpful. I'm also after merc advice and gear for it and looking for death advance or war trav boots, atmas ammy and a couple carrion rings if anyone has any. Thanks!

-Blasto

Mephisto
11-21-2016, 09:21 AM
Trang oul, is great to start out with. I dont have a maelnecro myself but there's a couple nice one's around that can give u more advice for sure! ( End-gear )

PS.

Welcome to the community!

Blasto The Rocket Boy
11-21-2016, 09:27 AM
yeah ive managed to get the trang set and the plaguebearer legend spike so far :D now im after the boots and jewelery :P

and thanks! awesome to be here :D

and someone just hella gave me death afvance boots :D everyone here is so damn awesome

Now i'm just after the jewelery and some skill, stat and merc advice :D

Icehammer
11-21-2016, 12:09 PM
Im using full trag set + death advance + carrion wind x 2 + atma amulet + plaguebringer (all sockets fulled with psn facets).
Obviously, u need a necro torch, anni +3 poison maelstrom and pyb gcs (plus some arcane essences to get nice mana).
Im doing 250k with maelstrom and the revives tanks every monsters, and if there's no revives, golem and skeletons do their job

At least, i can do LK runs in 2 mins and Dreamlands takes a bit more of time.
Time rift is a bit harder, i have to die 3 or 4 times before kill Diablo there.

Game
11-21-2016, 12:22 PM
Im using full trag set + death advance + carrion wind x 2 + atma amulet + plaguebringer (all sockets fulled with psn facets).
Obviously, u need a necro torch, anni +3 poison maelstrom and pyb gcs (plus some arcane essences to get nice mana).
Im doing 250k with maelstrom and the revives tanks every monsters, and if there's no revives, golem and skeletons do their job

At least, i can do LK runs in 2 mins and Dreamlands takes a bit more of time.
Time rift is a bit harder, i have to die 3 or 4 times before kill Diablo there.

I might be a complete idiot, but I am 99% certain you cannot get +3 Poison Maelstrom on annihilus!

Ukon
11-21-2016, 12:28 PM
Blasto I probably have an extra storm circlet ammy
+2 nec
20 fcr
18str
50life
50 mana
23 all Res except for poison

You can have for free. Not sure if this is better than what you already have. If so, it's yours for free

rrra
11-21-2016, 12:42 PM
An anni I got recently has +jack of all trades or +twin fang strike (I forget which) on it. Is that there just because it replaced pheonix strike/cobra strike or does that mean that poison maelstrom can spawn as well?

Game
11-21-2016, 12:44 PM
An anni I got recently has +jack of all trades or +twin fang strike (I forget which) on it. Is that there just because it replaced pheonix strike/cobra strike or does that mean that poison maelstrom can spawn as well?

Correct, they replaced existing skills so they took their skill ID, which falls into the range anni can pull from. Maelstrom on the other hand is brand new, and is outside of the skill range anni uses.

wdzepplin
11-21-2016, 12:57 PM
For jewelry you probably want a soj and a cons ring - seems like the optimal choice to max out your res

As for merc, I would go with A3 lightning with infinity, malvoleant shield and bargain helm

Icehammer
11-21-2016, 01:39 PM
I might be a complete idiot, but I am 99% certain you cannot get +3 Poison Maelstrom on annihilus!
Sure that u arent a idiot, i dont have a +3 maelstrom anni. I was thinking to get one soon but now you solved 2 request (i never saw a anni with +3 maelstrom and now i know why jajaja)
Anyways, a +3 ps nova or dagger anni should works too.

rrra
11-21-2016, 02:03 PM
Actually those wouldnt help you since the +skills on those don't increase the synergy bonus and therefore dont increase maelstrom damage. You're better off getting an anni with fire golem, (if you have true guise) golem mastery, clay golem, corpse explosion, or even lower resist to save skill points in the curses tree.

Blasto The Rocket Boy
11-21-2016, 02:34 PM
Blasto I probably have an extra storm circlet ammy
+2 nec
20 fcr
18str
50life
50 mana
23 all Res except for poison

You can have for free. Not sure if this is better than what you already have. If so, it's yours for free

yeah thats better than what i got now :P and im gonna try and get like 2500 gold next week so if i cant somehow get me a set of carrion rings and an atmas ammy how much would they be? and how much do ya think a decent anni, torch and merc infiny run ya think? and whats a cons ring? tyvm for the build advice guys! ill pm you when i get home from dialysys :P

-Blasto

LordManhammer
11-21-2016, 03:39 PM
Actually those wouldnt help you since the +skills on those don't increase the synergy bonus and therefore dont increase maelstrom damage. You're better off getting an anni with fire golem, (if you have true guise) golem mastery, clay golem, corpse explosion, or even lower resist to save skill points in the curses tree.

I'd go with Lower Resist. If you are running a one point summons tree, one point curse tree, and fully synergized Poison Maelstrom you'll get more bang for your buck out of the increase to Lower Resist. Golems are very weak until you fully synergize and buff them with lots of points invested into masteries. The skellies are more useful at low levels now. When I fight Mappo with my PM Necro for example, my golem dies in one hit. The skellies last longer individualy and also have greater numbers making them my main meat shields.

Game
11-21-2016, 04:10 PM
I'd go with Lower Resist. If you are running a one point summons tree, one point curse tree, and fully synergized Poison Maelstrom you'll get more bang for your buck out of the increase to Lower Resist. Golems are very weak until you fully synergize and buff them with lots of points invested into masteries. The skellies are more useful at low levels now. When I fight Mappo with my PM Necro for example, my golem dies in one hit. The skellies last longer individualy and also have greater numbers making them my main meat shields.

Golems are much better in 4.2! All 4 of them :)

Blasto The Rocket Boy
11-21-2016, 04:11 PM

yarp, that was pretty much what i was doing so far :D ant enough str/dex for gear and max block rest to vit

LordManhammer
11-21-2016, 04:16 PM
Golems are much better in 4.2! All 4 of them :)

Oh absolutely but you really don't start to see the benefits of those improvements unless you build around them. Just from my own experience, the buffs to skellies at low levels make them better for a poison build accessory:)

Game
11-21-2016, 04:18 PM
Oh absolutely but you really don't start to see the benefits of those improvements unless you build around them. Just from my own experience, the buffs to skellies at low levels make them better for a poison build accessory:)

4.2 isn't out yet :) Golems will be pretty strong without a full build around them in 4.2, but will be SUPER tanks if someone did build around them.

LordManhammer
11-21-2016, 04:24 PM
4.2 isn't out yet :) Golems will be pretty strong without a full build around them in 4.2, but will be SUPER tanks if someone did build around them.

Seriously? Wow, Necros are already stupid strong(and I mean that In a good way). I was messing around with a single player Necro last week because my network adapter died. I challenged myself to see how far I could get wearing just the starter gear that you are equiped with at lvl 1. It started to slow down a bit beyond lvl 25 or so but I was still able to complete normal and keep on going into nightmare. I only gave up on the challenge because the part that i ordered to fix my computer had arrived. Keep in mind that I was doing this with /players 8 activated:)

Game
11-21-2016, 04:30 PM
Seriously? Wow, Necros are already stupid strong(and I mean that In a good way). I was messing around with a single player Necro last week because my network adapter died. I challenged myself to see how far I could get wearing just the starter gear that you are equiped with at lvl 1. It started to slow down a bit beyond lvl 25 or so but I was still able to complete normal and keep on going into nightmare. I only gave up on the challenge because the part that i ordered to fix my computer had arrived. Keep in mind that I was doing this with /players 8 activated:)

Yeah they are quite good, but golems are very underwhelming, so I just wanted to atleast make them not get oneshotted!

Blasto The Rocket Boy
11-22-2016, 04:29 AM
Yeah they are quite good, but golems are very underwhelming, so I just wanted to atleast make them not get oneshotted!

that's rad, with just 1 pt investment I'd like to see them at least be able to take a few hits. Hotta love them 1pt wonders :D

Game
11-22-2016, 06:54 AM
that's rad, with just 1 pt investment I'd like to see them at least be able to take a few hits. Hotta love them 1pt wonders :D

For sure, they'll definitely be a lot better! And Iron Golem will be sooo tanky.

LordManhammer
11-22-2016, 11:40 AM
For sure, they'll definitely be a lot better! And Iron Golem will be sooo tanky.
Will Iron Golem last until it dies or your character dies like mercs?

Game
11-22-2016, 11:47 AM
Will Iron Golem last until it dies or your character dies like mercs?

Isn't that how they function now? :) If it dies or if you die, it goes away.

LordManhammer
11-22-2016, 11:54 AM
Does it last between games? I guess that's my question.

Game
11-22-2016, 11:58 AM
Does it last between games? I guess that's my question.

I didn't change anything involving that, since it currently does that now it still should!

LordManhammer
11-22-2016, 12:03 PM
Lol. I guess I never realized that they did that:) Awesome.

Game
11-22-2016, 01:36 PM
Lol. I guess I never realized that they did that:) Awesome.

Yep it is pretty cool!

champion
11-22-2016, 02:15 PM
the only improvement of iron golem that should be done is a possibility to get back item which golem was made of after he dies

Drlukifer
11-24-2016, 08:38 AM
Precasting venom off of arachs or atmas should be a friendly damage boost on each maelstrom, it may only add 6k damage or something but it does its damage much quicker than maelstrom.

Blasto The Rocket Boy
11-24-2016, 01:31 PM
Im not a coder or anything but maybe theres a way to make the golems function as mercs and get the interface? That would solve the issue and be rad as hell :P

also can anyone tell me about how much a couple cons rings and an atma's would run me gold wise by chance? thanks!

-Blasto