PDA

View Full Version : What is the Recommended PC specs for Annihilus

Ukon
11-23-2016, 08:17 AM
Can someone help me here

Seems my video card doesn't like when the ctc procs on torch or when a lot of different ctcs are procing.

I bought a basic laptop from wal-Mart for around 300-400 about 1 year ago. Doesn't seem it is beefy enough.

Game
11-23-2016, 08:24 AM
Can someone help me here

Seems my video card doesn't like when the ctc procs on torch or when a lot of different ctcs are procing.

I bought a basic laptop from wal-Mart for around 300-400 about 1 year ago. Doesn't seem it is beefy enough.

That should be enough for an old game like Diablo 2, although without seeing the exact specs it's just a guess. It's the game engine itself that doesn't play nice if too much is happening at once. Not much you can do about that, unfortunately :(.

Ukon
11-23-2016, 08:40 AM
That's what I was thinking also. I bought the laptop to play vanilla d2. Figured it would be enough.

Is their a recommended resolution to run to help this?

I'll post my specs later. Currently at work.

Everything is fine but when my hellfire torch ctc procs or when I'm at The new Baal for the world stone event to get the prime charms, he tends to "lag" me or similar to that.

Game
11-23-2016, 09:28 AM
That's what I was thinking also. I bought the laptop to play vanilla d2. Figured it would be enough.

Is their a recommended resolution to run to help this?

I'll post my specs later. Currently at work.

Everything is fine but when my hellfire torch ctc procs or when I'm at The new Baal for the world stone event to get the prime charms, he tends to "lag" me or similar to that.

Oh, if it is just hellfire proc alone lagging you then it is unfortunately your PC holding you back. I thought you were referring to several different procs at once going off, in which case it's just diablo 2 being diablo 2. Not much you can do about being limited by your hardware in your laptop I hate to say, the best you can do is don't run one of the higher resolutions to help minimize the lag.

FromTheRez
11-23-2016, 11:15 AM
Does Anni run on Glid3? Direct2D might be a fix if you're running in 3D

Ukon
11-23-2016, 12:10 PM
Does Anni run on Glid3? Direct2D might be a fix if you're running in 3D

Can you explain this better? Not great with computer graphics situations.

Lampogriz
11-23-2016, 12:32 PM
You need top notch pc to run annihilus smooth!

FromTheRez
11-23-2016, 12:40 PM
Can you explain this better? Not great with computer graphics situations.

Diablo 2 runs on DirectDraw or Direct3D, the latter is the preset I believe. I can be changed by running the D2VidTst in your d2 folder.
Gerenally DirectDraw runs smoother than 3D, and 3D only has minor effects, such as "Perspective" in the graphics options ingame.

There was another 3rd party Platform, Glid3Wrapper, and I'm not sure if Game has included it in the full download or any patches

Ukon
11-23-2016, 12:42 PM
Ok awesome. I don't really care about graphics so much. This game isn't a "good graphics" game anyway.

Really appreciate your help.

FromTheRez
11-23-2016, 12:43 PM
The changes are hardly noticeable, unless you use Perspective. I personally find DirectDraw to be sharper, as well as smoother. Colours seem to pop a little better

Anyways let me know if it works! Good luck

Game
11-23-2016, 01:46 PM
I didn't recommend checking to see if it is running in DirectDraw because Annihilus by default should force it to run in this, but I suppose it is a good thing to check regardless!

Ukon
11-23-2016, 02:16 PM
I think the main issue is that my video card in my laptop is probably crap. I have plenty of ram.

Ukon
11-23-2016, 02:16 PM
I am thinking about getting a new computer that's why I wanted some input on recommended specs regarding ram / processor / video card

FromTheRez
11-23-2016, 04:44 PM
Any APU (Integrated graphics from CPU) should be fine on any i3+ card I would think. Anni ran just fine on my old i3 laptop with designated graphics

You never did post those specs, it could be a RAM issue. Do you have many other background applications running? torrents/chrome/rainmeter whatever