PDA

View Full Version : Event Ladder System for 4.2!

Lockzilla
12-09-2016, 07:04 AM
Just a quick announcement. We will be introducing a Event Ladder System Rank for 4.2. The link is here. (http://annihilus.net/showthread.php?t=11389&p=67545#post67545)

Event Ladder System

We will be doing a point system for all events. At the end of every month, the person or clan with the most points will get 6000 gold. The Event Ladder will reset every month. If you're in a clan, your leader will decide how to disperse the gold fairly. Anyone who places in any events, will automatically be on the Event Ladder System. If they are in the clan, it will display their clan. If they are not in a clan, it will simply display their Annihilus Forum Account. People who are in a clan, will have a higher chance at being top ranked in the Event Ladder.

How it works:

If a person wins 1st in an event, they will receive 2 points.

If a person wins gold in an event, they will receive 1 point.

If a clan sweeps the entire event, the clan will be awarded 1 bonus point.

Wager Point System:

Wager Points are only for clans. You may wager points against a clan that's higher up on the ladder rank then your clan. You may not wager against a clan who's lower then you on the ladder rank.

You must have at least 3-5 points to wager against another clan. The winner of the duels gets all the points wagered.

Wagering Points are only allowed on D2PK Server, and it has to be at least a 2v2 and can go up to a 4v4

pulse37
12-09-2016, 08:05 AM
is this for all events? i like the point system, but some things might be a bit unfair. For example whoever can actually attend the events has a better chance of getting more points (there's been many events that occur at 1 or 2 in the morning EU time and vise versa which is much to late).
Also surely the biggest clan will have the higher chance of winning? ( Like a 10 person LLD, 9 of those people are in the same clan...)

Lockzilla
12-09-2016, 08:53 AM
Yes this will be for all events. We will try to have equal chances for both EU times and US. Its hard to do this without people actually volunteering their time. We do the best we can! And yes, the people with the clans will have a better chance @ getting more points. So I suggest forming a clan and practice doing events !

Brimstonejack
12-09-2016, 09:03 AM
Yes, people that actually compete in events have a better chance of winning. That's just the nature of things. What you can do to even the odds is apply for a position as an event coordinator and host events in your time zone, if you are able to get enough people interested.
Bigger clans do have a better chance at taking more top spots. But you're looking at this incorrectly. These aren't team events, so it's individuals competing. You can't penalize a clan for having more members. Solution: Form or join a bigger clan.

Scotty
12-09-2016, 09:11 AM
I applaud you for what you're doing Wayne but this seems like a get rich quick scheme. Don't get me wrong, more power to the clans that have more people... that's just it. No one else wants to join clans.

Enjoy the ladder guys, great concept.

Ukon
12-09-2016, 09:11 AM
Cool idea

Would be fun to diversify events and have more of them.

Scavenger hunts, boxing matches (lvl barbs to lvl 9, no weapons or shields allowed, punch to the death ladder event)

Etc.

pulse37
12-09-2016, 09:28 AM
so let me get this clear, will people still be winning gold for placing 1st, 2nd or 3rd in an event, with the gold then being distrubuted shortly after? Or is it just 5k gold at the end of the month?

Brimstonejack
12-09-2016, 09:30 AM
I applaud you for what you're doing Wayne but this seems like a get rich quick scheme. Don't get me wrong, more power to the clans that have more people... that's just it. No one else wants to join clans.

5k a month from events that already have payouts of 40-48k a month (2 events per week, 5-6k payouts each event), distributed among several clan members, is a get-rich-quick scheme? I just see this as added incentive to actually compete in events and get clan members to compete, as well.

Brimstonejack
12-09-2016, 09:34 AM
so let me get this clear, will people still be winning gold for placing 1st, 2nd or 3rd in an event, with the gold then being distrubuted shortly after? Or is it just 5k gold at the end of the month?

They will still win gold for winning/placing in events. Hence the line "If a person wins gold in an event, they will receive 1 point."

Scotty
12-09-2016, 10:50 AM
5k a month from events that already have payouts of 40-48k a month (2 events per week, 5-6k payouts each event), distributed among several clan members, is a get-rich-quick scheme? I just see this as added incentive to actually compete in events and get clan members to compete, as well.
To each their own. Not mocking the idea at all.

Lockzilla
12-09-2016, 11:00 AM

Thanks. I try to do what I can to make sure clans / events get the attention they deserve. This is far from a get rich quick scheme. The purpose of this whole thing was a) give users more free ways to earn gold. b) get more people to sign up for events c) get more people making / joining clans. I think it hit the trifecta with this idea.

bgtomsk
12-09-2016, 12:45 PM

+1. Not a surprise he came to such an idea. I just wonder is there an easier way for him to get gold. Our community is not so big for this idea to work. I mean clan-based competitions. Theres the only clan that I constantly see.

Another story is that the pvp system thats presented right now is not fair. Even the simpliest idea of fairness, that every person should confront every other person and get scores, wasnt accepted here. The main idea right now is to make very simple rules for making gold very fast for a small circle of players.

And the funny thing to realize is that those who can argue with me right now, are people from that very clan.

I do not mind that you are trying to do something, even if (I emphasize, IF) you do this mostly for yourself, this system just feels too lame.

Brimstonejack
12-09-2016, 12:56 PM
+1. Not a surprise he came to such an idea. I just wonder is there an easier way for him to get gold. Our community is not so big for this idea to work. I mean clan-based competitions. Theres the only clan that I constantly see.

Another story is that the pvp system thats presented right now is not fair. Even the simpliest idea of fairness, that every person should confront every other person and get scores, wasnt accepted here. The main idea right now is to make very simple rules for making gold very fast for a small circle of players.

And the funny thing to realize is that those who can argue with me right now, are people from that very clan.

I do not mind that you are trying to do something, even if (I emphasize, IF) you do this mostly for yourself, this system just feels too lame.

Again, giving away 5k gold a month for winning/placing in the most events that pay 40-48k+ gold a month just doesn't strike me as being as insidious as some people think. With the amount of people in Clan LocK, you'd be looking at like 500 gold each once it's distributed. Not exactly the king's riches.

bgtomsk
12-09-2016, 01:01 PM
Again, giving away 5k gold a month for winning/placing in the most events that pay 40-48k+ gold a month just doesn't strike me as being as insidious as some people think. With the amount of people in Clan LocK, you'd be looking at like 500 gold each once it's distributed. Not exactly the king's riches.

Sup that very clan member! Make the contest bugdet a million and even a 100k gold wont be seen as much.

Lockzilla
12-09-2016, 01:03 PM
I hope everyone will make a clan or join one and compete in the Ladder Event System. :) The more competition, the better!

acyroma
12-09-2016, 01:04 PM
Actually the total gold prize amount max for events is 60k per month. Usually we get very close to that number.

Brimstonejack
12-09-2016, 01:08 PM
Easy solution to all of this: These aren't team events at this time, so just enter events and win, and you eliminate the whole "dominant clan" line of reasoning. 3 good people, not even in a clan, could prevent any clan from getting enough wins to be able to challenge other clans. Or you can form a clan, win, and refuse to accept challenges.

bgtomsk
12-09-2016, 01:09 PM
I hope everyone will make a clan or join one and compete in the Ladder Event System. :) The more competition, the better!

Hope is the engine of Annihilus.

sirlancelot
12-09-2016, 01:09 PM
Soon only clans will join the event since there will Be Little chance for others to win.why bother...

bgtomsk
12-09-2016, 01:12 PM
Easy solution to all of this: These aren't team events at this time, so just enter events and win, and you eliminate the whole "dominant clan" line of reasoning. 3 good people, not even in a clan, could prevent any clan from getting enough wins to be able to challenge other clans. Or you can form a clan, win, and refuse to accept challenges.

The system proposed will not solve the problem. Because the motivation to play an unfair competition is too weak.

Soon only clans will join the event since there will Be Little chance for others to win.why bother...

see?

Brimstonejack
12-09-2016, 01:13 PM

Still, there are no scheduled team events. If you're good, you can win. If you're not, you'll sit around complaining about everything being unfair.

acyroma
12-09-2016, 01:13 PM

You're misunderstanding how this works. This has nothing to do with how the events operate. You get points for winning gold in an event, yet that's the ONLY link to events at all.

Brimstonejack
12-09-2016, 01:14 PM
The system proposed will not solve the problem. Because the motivation to play an unfair competition is too weak.

Explain exactly how it's unfair? Clanmates go head to head in these events all the time.

Brimstonejack
12-09-2016, 01:15 PM
Wait, so 5k is enough for clans to completely subvert the entire event system for their own gain, but not enough for individuals to be motivated to play and beat them? Your logic makes no sense.

acyroma
12-09-2016, 01:20 PM
If anyone has recommendations for other events we should add that are not PvP based, please don't hesitate to post a suggestion! Events are always a work in progress, and we're always looking for new events to start running.

bgtomsk
12-09-2016, 01:20 PM
Explain exactly how it's unfair? Clanmates go head to head in these events all the time.

I gave enough information for this to be clear.

sirlancelot
12-09-2016, 01:23 PM

No need to say that u can remove competition and the go head to head.but maybe its just my oppinion.ive played în sine events.wont play anymore since its made for business and not for fun.

Brimstonejack
12-09-2016, 01:24 PM
I gave enough information for this to be clear.

No, you didn't. You're saying clans will subvert the entire event system for a handful of gold that doesn't even make it worthwhile for individuals to compete. i explained exactly how this could be prevented, and your only argument is that "it isn't fair and nobody will even try." I want to know exactly how it isn't fair, because I'm certainly not gonna job out to my clanmates. i play to win. Every time. That's why I've taken first a handful of times, and not even placed others.

Mephisto
12-09-2016, 01:25 PM
I recommend to send all the gold to Mephisto! I WANT IT ALLLLLLLLL, and i want it nooooooooooow!

https://media1.giphy.com/media/pPzjpxJXa0pna/200_s.gif

But yeah i do think its a nice systen, but i doubt it will work on a community thats so small ( PvP wise ). Maybe this will set things in motion?

bgtomsk
12-09-2016, 01:26 PM
Still, there are no scheduled team events. If you're good, you can win. If you're not, you'll sit around complaining about everything being unfair.

You forgot to add that those who can complain may also leave in different time zone or just the event timing dont fit their shedule? so they cant participate.

sirlancelot
12-09-2016, 01:27 PM
You forgot to add that those who can complain may also leave in different time zone or just the event timing dont fit their shedule? so they cant participate.

+1

acyroma
12-09-2016, 01:28 PM

We are going to work on diversifying the event times and types of events so that there's not just PvP events.

If you have any ideas that will help, I'm all ears.

bgtomsk
12-09-2016, 01:29 PM
No, you didn't. You're saying clans will subvert the entire event system for a handful of gold that doesn't even make it worthwhile for individuals to compete. i explained exactly how this could be prevented, and your only argument is that "it isn't fair and nobody will even try." I want to know exactly how it isn't fair, because I'm certainly not gonna job out to my clanmates. i play to win. Every time. That's why I've taken first a handful of times, and not even placed others.

You got me wrong.

Brimstonejack
12-09-2016, 01:29 PM

Already explained how to fix that, too. Become an event coordinator and schedule events. I miss events due to my schedule all the time, since I mainly work evenings and nights, especially on weekends. But that doesn't mean the system is unfair. Just means I compete when I can.

bgtomsk
12-09-2016, 01:40 PM
We are going to work on diversifying the event times and types of events so that there's not just PvP events.

If you have any ideas that will help, I'm all ears.

The ideas I proposed earlier on this server were ignored. Now I just do not want to come up with something detailed for you. PvP competitions should be changed at first, thats all for now. I dont feel this game can provide something more interesting than kill-other-person-based competitions.

acyroma
12-09-2016, 01:43 PM
The ideas I proposed earlier on this server were ignored. Now I just do not want to come up with something detailed for you. PvP competitions should be changed at first, thats all for now. I dont feel this game can provide something more interesting than kill-other-person-based competitions.

I just checked, you haven't created a single thread in the suggestion forum, so, it's hard not to ignore your ideas since you havent posted any in the appropriate areas.

bgtomsk
12-09-2016, 01:56 PM
I just checked, you haven't created a single thread in the suggestion forum, so, it's hard not to ignore your ideas since you havent posted any in the appropriate areas.

The only thing I can write after this for you is "double check it". Also theres nothing interesting IMHO, I usually propose in somebodys topics.

acyroma
12-09-2016, 01:57 PM
The only thing I can write after this for you is "double check it".

http://annihilus.net/search.php?searchid=386683

0 threads started in suggestions, except 1 about sorc.

Where's the suggestion about events? In the wrong area. Sorry we missed it earlier, but please post it in the right place next time!

bgtomsk
12-09-2016, 01:59 PM
http://annihilus.net/search.php?searchid=386683

0 threads started in suggestions, except 1 about sorc.

Your methods arent working, isnt it obvious? or you want to say i'm lying right now?

UPD:

Where's the suggestion about events? In the wrong area. Sorry we missed it earlier, but please post it in the right place next time!

They are in the right area, where the corresponding topics were started. Dont make strong statements, because everyone can make mistakes, even you, our love.

Lockzilla
12-09-2016, 02:12 PM
Well for something meant to give free gold to people and help people sign up for events/clans. All I can see is a select few people not even give it a try. Man it must be easy to criticize other peoples hard work and planning. Oh well, I'm more then happy to say I've accomplished a lot more then most here arguing about a new thing/system that could work if given the chance. :)

acyroma
12-09-2016, 02:12 PM
They are in the right area, where the corresponding topics were started. Dont make strong statements, because everyone can make mistakes, even you, our love.

Sorry, but they're in the wrong area. All suggestions should be in the suggestions forum. If they are in there, they will be read and considered by me and game. This does not mean that they will be used, but we will consider them.

We're going to be diversifying events as much as we can, but as the staff are 100% volunteers there's only so much we can do.

If you'd like to volunteer yourself to run some events, please submit an application!

bgtomsk
12-09-2016, 02:33 PM
Man it must be easy to criticize other peoples hard work and planning.
What hard work are you talking about?

Oh well, I'm more then happy to say I've accomplished a lot more then most here arguing about a new thing/system that could work if given the chance. :)
What have you accomplished, again? You've just used old d2pk rules for pvp. Yes, some new simple ideas appeared. You underestimate yourself, I believe you can do much better, using the same time. Thanks for time hosting the games tho, despite the fact that I was able to visit only one.

We're going to be diversifying events as much as we can, but as the staff are 100% volunteers there's only so much we can do.
I understand, I dont say your work is 0, its just too small to talk about it like its the limit of your ability. An ordinary person understands that what you're doing, theres an expression in my country, "it's kindergarten"

If you'd like to volunteer yourself to run some events, please submit an application!
I dont think I will be staying here as long as during the first 3 months. The second thing is that hosting is boring for me. I better criticize someone and go for a sleep.

Lockzilla
12-09-2016, 04:24 PM
What hard work are you talking about?

What have you accomplished, again? You've just used old d2pk rules for pvp. Yes, some new simple ideas appeared. You underestimate yourself, I believe you can do much better, using the same time. Thanks for time hosting the games tho, despite the fact that I was able to visit only one.

I understand, I dont say your work is 0, its just too small to talk about it like its the limit of your ability. An ordinary person understands that what you're doing, theres an expression in my country, "it's kindergarten"

I dont think I will be staying here as long as during the first 3 months. The second thing is that hosting is boring for me. I better criticize someone and go for a sleep.

Yeah hard work. Putting work into the server. Annihilus and D2PK. I introduced the Clan System. I got the events where they need to be. Before I joined the team, we was lucky if 1 event per week occurred. I made the Event Calendar. I put this Event Ladder System into effect. I do more work then you can actually see. Which doesn't bother me at all. What bothers me are people who think we aren't doing this for the people / users. We dont do this to gain benefit for myself or my clan. I made my clan from scratch, and now its he top clan on both servers. What have you done? Oh right, just sit back and criticize people. No ofcourse you wont be here long enough to volunteer. You're just one of those people whom like to complain about something and do absolutely nothing to help with any of it. We know what type of person you are. Thumbs up!