PDA

View Full Version : Few questions about poison necro, lower resist vs amp dmg, caps etc.

Fitsu
01-01-2017, 06:40 AM
Hi, i'm making a necro and have a view bits of gear now... There's some things I was hoping I could get some help on. I'm doing a posion maelstrom necro btw.

Is there a cap on how much you can lower enemy resist by? As atm, I can get a ludicrous amount (125 from cons aura, 60 from lower reist, ~100 from gear).

What's better lower resist or amp damage?

Do I want to go for +poison damage or -enemy poison resist, if one is better than the other then by how much?

Thanks for the advice. :).

Lampogriz
01-01-2017, 09:58 AM
1 pt to amp, rest to golem
aim for about -200 enemy psn res
use only +psn dmg enchants

Fitsu
01-01-2017, 10:59 AM
Thanks

Also do u know if maelstrom is a cast or attack? I.E. Does it work with FCR or IAS? As it says throws a dagger i'm inclined think it's IAS but not sure.

Oh and when u say golem, do you mean summon mastery? More points in golem seems to only increase it's damage to mastery would be better right?

Also what golem do you use?

Lampogriz
01-01-2017, 12:02 PM
Оnly attack speed affects to maelstrom.
About golems, 1pt to clay/blood/iron/fire, rest to golem mastery
1 pt to revive ofc

Fitsu
01-01-2017, 12:18 PM
Оnly attack speed affects to maelstrom.
About golems, 1pt to clay/blood/iron/fire, rest to golem mastery
1 pt to revive ofc

Thank you, that's what I expected :).

I was using trangs but I was lucky enough to come across the true guise which gives conviction to my fire golem and that's boosted my damage by a crazy amount.

With this in mind, my sets kind of broken but i'm still wearing the other trang pieces due to a lack of options. Any other gear pieces you would recommend I wear instead of these?

nedamettin
01-01-2017, 01:30 PM
all synergies and maelstrom
1 pt amp dmg, lower res
1 pt to summon spells may help aswell
max golem mastery then remaining to clay golem, they are the only relevant golems
plaguebringer / true guise / kaalut / trag belt / trag shield / trag gloves / x2 carrions / atma or mara / Lk boots
get some psn facets
just run into stuff, cast maelstrom, die and rinse and repeat. you'll kill anything

Fitsu
01-01-2017, 02:44 PM
1 pt amp dmg, lower res
max golem mastery then remaining to clay golem, they are the only relevant golems
plaguebringer / true guise / kaalut / trag belt / trag shield / trag gloves / x2 carrions / atma or mara / Lk boots
get some psn facets
just run into stuff, cast maelstrom, die and rinse and repeat. you'll kill anything

But if i'm gonna be using true guise then i'll be using fire golem right? What makes Clay golem better?

Lampogriz
01-01-2017, 03:46 PM
fire golem is better now

Game
01-01-2017, 04:36 PM
1 pt amp dmg, lower res
get some psn facets

This is outdated information, clay golem is not the only choice now. Have you played necro in 4.2? :)

Fitsu
01-01-2017, 06:53 PM
Ok, I ended up finding a sur/ohm and decided to go for the rng gods and got pretty lucky with a 56/56 bramble.

With that, I know you said that I should aim for -200 psn resist, but I just worked it out and including my conv aura I actually have -305 (-235 without it). Does it cap at 200, or is it good that I have higher?

Mephisto
01-01-2017, 06:55 PM
More never hurts :)