PDA

View Full Version : Help with barb - Eth buster sword

Fitsu
01-08-2017, 02:02 PM
So, I got stupidly lucky and found an eth buster sword... Now I wanna make a barb.

Sadly, I have no idea where to start. Saw some dude called lucifer destroying tho so that looked fun.

Anyone who can help me with what gear/sockets/skills/stats? :P

Also, I read that buster sword = thunder maul... Does that mean it works from mace mastery not sword?

Thanks for the help!

Mephisto
01-08-2017, 02:17 PM
It works with sword mastery, but the base is thundermaul indeed :)
Arkain's Wrath
1 Con ring
1 Band Of Sin ring
Skull Of Unclean
Death's Advance
Titan's Grip
Relic Of The Ancient's belt
Rudolph's Amulet

That should be some decent stuff for ur barb :)

Fitsu
01-08-2017, 02:30 PM
aha ok ty, how would I want to gem?

wdzepplin
01-08-2017, 02:50 PM
Some physical horadrims for most of the gear, you can also use a few dragonslayer jewels (like 3) you can socket some max dmg, ED, -req jewel in eth buster to save you a few stats then idk prob something to look for though

Fitsu
01-08-2017, 02:56 PM
How about sheals in the weapon? Given that IAS only works on whirlwind from the weapon, 3 sheals (4th soc needs to be a zod I assume to make it indestructable?) would take it from 14 frames per second (1.78 aps) to 6 frames per second (4.16 aps) that's like more than doubling the dps. Opinions?

Mephisto
01-08-2017, 03:05 PM
Whirlwind no longer requires ias here :) Thats why a thundermaul base was used ( slow as fuck *does not matter for WW*, but high dmg ).

Fitsu
01-08-2017, 03:27 PM
u mean ias on weapon doesn't work with WW here?

Lucid
01-08-2017, 05:01 PM
Ias doesnt matter at all. Ww hits every 4 frames here. So you take a slow weapon with high damage.

Snowish
02-08-2017, 06:27 AM
You should have asked Lukifer to show you his gear don't be shy about asking for stuff like that most of the players here don't hide from you, from what i understood the - ( negative ) is one of the most important things here , without it you can't really do anything.

Also for baba there are alot of other things to take into consideration such as gear shift for BOO , thats why i said to ask, Lukifer has on switch 2 rare swords 4 warcries each + a King jwl in each sword + baba enchant on them so thats 7 to warcries per sword / 14 for both.

So u get that uber boost for HP/DEF.

Drlukifer
02-08-2017, 04:44 PM
It works with sword mastery, but the base is thundermaul indeed :)
Arkain's Wrath
1 Con ring
1 Band Of Sin ring
Skull Of Unclean
Death's Advance
Titan's Grip
Relic Of The Ancient's belt
Rudolph's Amulet

That should be some decent stuff for ur barb :)

So close haha. I wear 2 band of sin rings with rare stat%/dr%/max resist/resist all booties, rather than using a constricting ring. Every armor and helm socket has a physical horadric, and my your buster should really have at least 1 jewel 50+% ED/-15% requirements so it will sit at 206 strength (less strength = more life). Enchant the boots and belt with strength. If you still don't have enough to go zero pts into strength and wear your gear, then enchant your gloves +25 strength as well. Not only will this give u a major health boost, you'll be nekid on anyone elses screen.

Frigide
02-09-2017, 02:32 AM
Someone knows if full vita is the better option? i mean Str gives armor and dmg, its good too ?

Lampogriz
02-09-2017, 03:36 AM
full vita

Drlukifer
02-09-2017, 06:17 AM
Someone knows if full vita is the better option? i mean Str gives armor and dmg, its good too ?

You must have misunderstood my explanation. That is 100% a full vita build. But as buster requires a ridiculous amount of strength you'll want to enchant boots belt and maybe even gloves so you don't have to spend any points into strength, and go all vita. I wouldnt bother putting more than one -15% requirement jewel into the buster because the helm also requires 196 strength to equip. Get the strength from gear/charms then spend your points into vita

Frigide
02-09-2017, 06:30 AM
No i always thought full vita is good, but i wanted to know if (i can dream) a pure str build could be viable. I guess more dmg isnt the point for barbs, better get more survivability

Drlukifer
02-09-2017, 06:33 AM
No i always thought full vita is good, but i wanted to know if (i can dream) a pure str build could be viable. I guess more dmg isnt the point for barbs, better get more survivability

You would probably require different gear for a strength build or you won't have much survivability. No HP isn't a good idea when you aren't wearing a shield