PDA

View Full Version : Gold Shop Added!

Game
01-08-2017, 11:42 PM
Hello friends! I've been wanting to add a few more things to spend Gold on, so I have went ahead and added a Gold Shop! There isn't much to buy right now, but we will definitely be adding some cool stuff in the future. As of now you can buy Username Color, Username Shadows, and Username Glows. You can buy a one-time use where you pick the color right away and it can no longer be changed (You can turn it on/off anytime though) or you can buy a more expensive version that you can always change the color of in the future. These colors show up just about everywhere, including on the shoutbox.

I went ahead and bought a Username Color and Glow to give an example! You can find the Shop on the navigation bar at the upper end of the website, or you can just click here (http://annihilus.net/vbshop.php). Enjoy!

January 10th Update: I have added User Icons to the Gold Shop! You will find them under the tab "User Icons". They will display your icon next to your Annihilus Account, like you see to the left. You can own as many icons as you want, but can only pick one at a time to show up.

Krystals
01-09-2017, 03:52 AM
*cough* Jsp *cough* :rolleyes:

Game
01-09-2017, 04:05 AM

Do you need some medicine? :)

Many sites other than jsp do this, no reason not to! It's a simple yet neat customization most people tend to like!

xxkix
01-09-2017, 01:10 PM
speaking of jsp a raffle would be cool to have and would generate some funds for our server we gotta help pay the bills for server somehow :) might inspire more gold spending

Addah
01-09-2017, 07:07 PM
I love the idea of spending gold on vanity cosmetics instead of making the game easier with buying runes

Game
01-09-2017, 07:47 PM
I love the idea of spending gold on vanity cosmetics instead of making the game easier with buying runes

Yeah runes are super late game and every build revolves around them, I should remove them from the vendor ASAP.

Addah
01-09-2017, 08:19 PM
Yeah runes are super late game and every build revolves around them, I should remove them from the vendor ASAP.

The first half is true but I can't tell if the second half is sarcasm lol

One point to be made is that anyone with 8k+ gold not to mention 20k+ at the start of the ladder is going progress weeks of time in the first day, and although they must have worked for that gold it doesn't make idea of gameplay very fun for the rest of us.

It seems like this new gold store will compensate for plenty of donations/votes, plus people will still donate for someone to buy valuable items in trade.

acyroma
01-09-2017, 08:33 PM
Runes have and will continue to be removed from the gold vendor at the start of a ladder, and virtually no builds use rune words end-game.

Addah
01-09-2017, 08:50 PM
Runes have and will continue to be removed from the gold vendor at the start of a ladder, and virtually no builds use rune words end-game.

Oh nice, for how long?

Yes although the best builds won't be using rune words someone with 20k gold can still make incredible offers for valuable items at the start of a ladder once they find someone with a special item to sell.

Game
01-09-2017, 08:52 PM
The first half is true but I can't tell if the second half is sarcasm lol

One point to be made is that anyone with 8k+ gold not to mention 20k+ at the start of the ladder is going progress weeks of time in the first day, and although they must have worked for that gold it doesn't make idea of gameplay very fun for the rest of us.

It seems like this new gold store will compensate for plenty of donations/votes, plus people will still donate for someone to buy valuable items in trade.

Hardly any builds still use runewords in endgame, and runes are always removed from the vendor the first week of ladder... This will be your first ladder reset so I guess it's understandable you didn't know that but I'm curious as to what builds you're using that still revolve around runes / runewords because I am pretty sure they are sub-optimal! We have some great players here that I am sure would be glad to give advice to get around those runeword builds. Runewords are meant to be mid-game'ish, while having a couple here and there that work in late game. Uniques and Rares are definitely meant to be the endgame items, just like old Diablo 2.

Addah
01-09-2017, 08:54 PM
I'm saying runes are a currency that can afford you the best items in the game, I'm not saying use those runes in your sockets.

Plus I wasn't talking about comparing end-game items, I was saying having so much gold gives you an extreme advantage, but you're right I didn't know how long it would be removed for after the reset.

Game
01-09-2017, 09:01 PM
I'm saying runes are a currency that can afford you the best items in the game, I'm not saying use those runes in your sockets.

Plus I wasn't talking about comparing end-game items, I was saying having so much gold gives you an extreme advantage, but you're right I didn't know how long it would be removed for after the reset.

The thing is, you have just as much of a chance to find the super rare and strong items with 0 Gold as someone with 50k Gold has. Playing the game is the strongest advantage someone can have, not having tons of Gold. People look at Mephisto like he is the richest on the server because he has over 200k Gold, but that's not it, it's the other way around. He has that much Gold BECAUSE he plays the game a good amount and plays / farms smartly. Play the game and you'll be just as rich. Many people in the Top 10 of the highest Gold amounts have never once spent a dollar on Gold.

Game
01-09-2017, 11:53 PM
January 10th Update: I have added User Icons to the Gold Shop! You will find them under the tab "User Icons". They will display your icon next to your Annihilus Account, like you see to the left. You can own as many icons as you want, but can only pick one at a time to show up.

nedamettin
01-09-2017, 11:54 PM
- have tons of gold
- spam infernal chests
- tyraels might at lvl 1
- profit

ANYTHING that is NOT visual should be removed for the first week. everyone here knows that people already started to stack gold to spam infernal chests for next wipe. starting the game with a full set or a random useful elite item matters A LOT. even organ spamming is very useful since you may get an early cow set or hork inf cows for end-game elites

Game
01-09-2017, 11:55 PM
- have tons of gold
- spam infernal chests
- tyraels might at lvl 1
- profit

ANYTHING that is NOT visual should be removed for the first week. everyone here knows that people already started to stack gold to spam infernal chests for next wipe. starting the game with a full set or a random useful elite item matters A LOT.

Will not happen, sorry. Please discuss this in another thread if you want to keep discussing it, this thread is for the Gold Shop!

acyroma
01-10-2017, 06:40 AM
Oh nice, for how long?

Yes although the best builds won't be using rune words someone with 20k gold can still make incredible offers for valuable items at the start of a ladder once they find someone with a special item to sell.

Actually no they cannot, as gold can't be traded, other than getting items off hadriel and trading those, and since runes are removed from hadriel, it'd be hard for them to do that.

On topic: These icons look pretty cool.

Mephisto
01-10-2017, 07:22 AM
I love them to :)

grinch
01-10-2017, 05:23 PM
wow man, just saw your name here and I thinked of checking wobgaming site and .... it's online! Didn't even knew you brought it back to life and I'm really glad you did. See you there, will be joining with my buddies there cuz we missed you big time and this server is going down the drain fast with this money making mentality.
Game, I understand you want to make a profit but trading is already shit due to "gold only" sellers and now you add even more shit for the $$$ ? No thanks.

Savior
01-10-2017, 05:49 PM
Trading is fine, there are just more people selling for gold because it's near the end of the ladder.
Once the ladder resets trading will go back to being just as good as it's always been.
Game can't be blamed for taking advantage of a situation that is going to happen no matter what he does.
Even if gold didnt exist, the server would still always die close to the end of the ladder and trading would lessen.
So basically if gold didnt exist, half the server wouldnt even be online right now.
Everyone who is selling for gold wouldve stopped playing instead and that fixes nothing.
So at least members have a reason to stick around and sell stuff until the very end.
And also I worked hard to get all the items from this current ladder just for it to reset.
So atleast i have an option to sell it all for gold to have something to show for it next ladder.
Everyone is too busy complaining instead of taking advantage of something we all have access to.
There are a lot of good reasons to keep gold and to add more things to buy with gold.
Annihilus needs to grow and apparently so do a lot of the players who play it. ;)

Game
01-10-2017, 05:57 PM
wow man, just saw your name here and I thinked of checking wobgaming site and .... it's online! Didn't even knew you brought it back to life and I'm really glad you did. See you there, will be joining with my buddies there cuz we missed you big time and this server is going down the drain fast with this money making mentality.
Game, I understand you want to make a profit but trading is already shit due to "gold only" sellers and now you add even more shit for the $$$ ? No thanks.

This is just absurd. First off, I guarantee I put more hours into Annihilus than you do your everyday job, I am losing time with family to do this but I enjoy improving Annihilus so if people want to support the server why not give them more things to spend Gold on? I cannot believe you're complaining over little icons on someones posts. Even WoB has things you can buy for $. If you want to go play another server be my guest, having people around who insult me without knowing the time and dedication I put into this server is just going to affect us negatively anyways. Just know that wherever else you play will not have anywhere close to the content or updates we have here. Have a good evening.

TheOne
01-13-2017, 08:44 AM

i wanna a specific collor at glow wich i can't see it ... so i will get one random ?

Game
01-13-2017, 08:45 AM
i wanna a specific collor at glow wich i can't see it ... so i will get one random ?

After you buy the glow, it lets you pick the color by hex #, it will preview it before you confirm it.

TheOne
01-13-2017, 08:48 AM
can we talk first in game pls xD i am on at Tasha i wanna talk with u :P ty xD

Game
01-13-2017, 09:00 AM
can we talk first in game pls xD i am on at Tasha i wanna talk with u :P ty xD

Sorry, too busy! It's just 1000 gold, surely that won't hurt your 80k too much :)

TheOne
01-13-2017, 09:03 AM
Sorry, too busy! It's just 1000 gold, surely that won't hurt your 80k too much :)

i was think at.. something alse... abouth the glow was think to buy from 11 k but i will w8 when u will get more time i was try 2 ask you a opinion :) thx for sarcasm xD

Game
01-13-2017, 09:04 AM
i was think at.. something alse... abouth the glow was think to buy from 11 k but i will w8 when u will get more time i was try 2 ask you a opinion :) thx for sarcasm xD

If you have any questions or issues you'll need to PM me! I don't often get time to talk in-game.

TheOne
01-13-2017, 09:06 AM
i can't pm :S idk i never can pm no1 at forum -.-

sorry for disturb you :(

acyroma
01-13-2017, 09:10 AM
Feel free to whisper me on-realm if you have any questions!

Game
01-13-2017, 09:13 AM
i can't pm :S idk i never can pm no1 at forum -.-

sorry for disturb you :(

You're probably better off talking to acyroma in-game then! He's usually the one that handles any issues, especially when it is during a time I am working on a new patch :)

TheOne
01-13-2017, 09:25 AM
You're probably better off talking to acyroma in-game then! He's usually the one that handles any issues, especially when it is during a time I am working on a new patch :)

lol a new ? :D that ar awsome xD nice to u ... did u need help ? :D