PDA

View Full Version : What does Amp Magic from divinity gloves do?

Fitsu
01-13-2017, 10:48 AM
I was testing these gloves out with a veng pally, and they seemed to have 0 effect on my damage. With or without them on I 5 hit inferno mobs, do they not really do that much or does veng simply not do that much magic dmg? TF build btw.

rrra
01-13-2017, 12:31 PM
Amplify magic gives magic pierce according to the level of the aura. Lvl 15 aura=-15% enemy magic resistance. So basically it gives 1-1.5 magic horadric jewels worth of magic pierce.

Lucid
01-13-2017, 12:32 PM
amplify magic aura, does reduce the magic resist of the monsters.

I have no detailed information about how much. Maybe its just -1% per aura level.

Also, if you play tf vengeance paladin youre lightning damage is superior and the magical part is only a third or quarter. Even less if you havent skilled the vengeance' magic damage synergies (BH).

Still, divinity gloves are a very good choice for vengeance paladin :) no matter if light or magic.

OH and since its an aura/curse, its maybe only on 20% effective on immunes. That means -3% magic pierce on magic immune monsters with a perfect aura. Thats not much :P

Fitsu
01-13-2017, 01:23 PM
hmm, ok. With that in mind, is BH even worth taking to improve the magic portion of veng dmg. Alternatively I could spend those points as hard points in res fire/light/cold to get those max res higher.

rrra
01-13-2017, 01:55 PM
Its better to skip blessed hammer and put them in something more useful imo

Fitsu
01-13-2017, 02:21 PM
Its better to skip blessed hammer and put them in something more useful imo

So how does Max Veng/FoH.

1 Point Conviction/Holy Shield/Defiance/Salvation

Rest in resist fire/light/cold for max ress.

Would that be the ideal way to go? Would there be any element more ideal to focus on maxing first?

rrra
01-13-2017, 02:25 PM
That seems fine. You may want to max out resist lightning if you are using corrupted stormshield/neph. I also like Sleezy's adaption of maxing prayer and using bane of the underworld with 1 pt cleansing.

Lucid
01-13-2017, 02:30 PM
you dont need css and nephalem ammy as veng/foh. <br />
<br />
ive tried that it didnt do much more damage. Veng seems to work like charged strike of amazon. The casterpart of the attack always hit, but the...

Fitsu
01-13-2017, 02:39 PM
Hmm, I'm looking to stick as a melee really just because it's where I like to be. I could consider the bane of the underworld play though as regen does seem to be an issue for me atm... I'll need to compare for myself how much dmg I'd lose dropping the lightning aura.

/e

Hot damn, I just saw ure druid in action. I wanna make me one of those now haha XD.

Game
01-14-2017, 10:21 AM
Hmm, I'm looking to stick as a melee really just because it's where I like to be. I could consider the bane of the underworld play though as regen does seem to be an issue for me atm... I'll need to compare for myself how much dmg I'd lose dropping the lightning aura.

/e

Hot damn, I just saw ure druid in action. I wanna make me one of those now haha XD.

Druids are a bit strong right now, they will be changed a little in the upcoming 5.0 patch :) Vengeance Paladin in my opinion is in a good spot, if you enjoy it I would tinker with builds until you find one you like for it!

bgtomsk
01-14-2017, 11:05 AM
Druids are a bit strong right now, they will be changed a little in the upcoming 5.0 patch :) Vengeance Paladin in my opinion is in a good spot, if you enjoy it I would tinker with builds until you find one you like for it!

It is quite complicated not to overdo it. It is no longer the most effective build in everything. If you're going to lower the DPS, the inconvenience in aiming may outweigh its damage output. The wind build already feels slow and is on the verge to be abandoned. Сan we discuss the upcoming changes?

Game
01-14-2017, 11:14 AM
It is quite complicated not to overdo it. It is no longer the most effective build in everything. If you're going to lower the DPS, the inconvenience in aiming may outweigh its damage output. The wind build already feels slow and is on the verge to be abandoned. Сan we discuss the upcoming changes?

We're talking tornado druids? They're still in the top 2 best, right below WWsin. I haven't decided on what route to take, but I may get rid of cold damage and make the damage proc quicker like it used to.

Lucid
01-14-2017, 11:44 AM
Druids are strong?

Without flame horizon they are absurdely weak damagewise. I tried a few things after you said fh gets nerfed...

And to the mentioned fh procs ive already stated my concerns in the staffs discord channel.

acyroma
01-14-2017, 11:52 AM
We're talking about tornado druid lucid.

Game
01-14-2017, 11:57 AM
Druids are strong?

Without flame horizon they are absurdely weak damagewise. I tried a few things after you said fh gets nerfed...

And to the mentioned fh procs ive already stated my concerns in the staffs discord channel.

I never said I was touching melee druid, I am making changes to tornado specifically, and tweaking flame horizon, as the undocumented change I made to it in 4.2 made it a bit too strong.

bgtomsk
01-14-2017, 12:30 PM
but I may get rid of cold damage and make the damage proc quicker like it used to.

Do you mean you may decrease the dmg by half or replace the cold part of the dmg with phys? So it will lead to the use of phys horads instead of cold that wont be useful for hurricane, making hurricane closer to holy freeze.

Game
01-14-2017, 12:32 PM
Do you mean you may decrease the dmg by half or replace the cold part of the dmg with phys? So it will lead to the use of phys horads instead of cold that wont be useful for hurricane, making hurricane closer to holy freeze.

Hurricane isn't used for damage already, it is mostly for the buff it gives, but it would likely be changed as well. Tornado / wind druids definitely aren't staying as they are now, they have no weaknesses and can melt anything in the game. Wayyy too strong.

bgtomsk
01-14-2017, 12:48 PM
Hurricane isn't used for damage already, it is mostly for the buff it gives, but it would likely be changed as well. Tornado / wind druids definitely aren't staying as they are now, they have no weaknesses and can melt anything in the game. Wayyy too strong.

Tornado is much slower than hurricane in killing trash monsters, for example, for cow lvl/1-2 lvls of cruc. Its an only AOE spell for wind build. Removing cold pierce that horads may give it becomes much less useful even for trash, so it will take much more time than many other builds to kill scattered groups of monsters, making the playstyle very slow and lame. It definetly needs to be the same type of dmg as tornados.

What about the worth of cold horads? Cold sorcs dont need them, bow amazons get more dmg output with fire, no other builds known to me use cold dmg as primary. Will they be replaced with phys horas aswell?

Game
01-14-2017, 12:50 PM
Tornado is much slower than hurricane in killing trash monsters, for example, for cow lvl/1-2 lvls of cruc. Its an only AOE spell for wind build. Removing cold pierce that horads may give it becomes much less useful even for trash, so it will take much more time than many other builds to kill scattered groups of monsters, making the playstyle very slow and lame. It definetly needs to be the same type of dmg as tornados.

What about the worth of cold horads? Cold sorcs dont need them, bow amazons get more dmg output with fire, no other builds known to me use cold dmg as primary. Will they be replaced with phys horas aswell?

I was also debating on maybe switching tornado to full on Cold as well, I couldn't decide. This may be a solution. However, you keep mentioning slow AoE clearing, but druid is already the second quickest single target killer in the game. It's okay to be weak at AoE, a class doesn't have to be super strong in both single target and AoE, especially if it is one of the best in the game at either one. I have no plans of ruining the class, but it cannot stay as it is.

bgtomsk
01-14-2017, 01:20 PM
I was also debating on maybe switching tornado to full on Cold as well, I couldn't decide. This may be a solution. However, you keep mentioning slow AoE clearing, but druid is already the second quickest single target killer in the game. It's okay to be weak at AoE, a class doesn't have to be super strong in both single target and AoE, especially if it is one of the best in the game at either one. I have no plans of ruining the class, but it cannot stay as it is.

Isnt it already weak at AoE...

Hurricane isn't used for damage already

What about a bone nec against single target? Where would you put him in the rankings? In endgame gear it takes 2-3 shots to kill cruc cain from even a safer position than dru.
A spear zon? It doesn't even require an endgame gear to overcome a perf druid in timing against most of the bosses. The time spent on killing is most noticeable especially for bosses that need to be grinded thousands of times to make valuable loot, as it was with Santa.
Wolf druid at bosses with trash monsters, for example, rift diablo?
Fire trapper is better against rift diablo/ctoggha aswell.

Even looking at how much wind druids are online it doesnt seem like it is an ultimate build.

Lucid
01-14-2017, 01:34 PM

ah, i thought you are talking about that FH melee druid, because thats what Fitsu was refering to when you were quoting him.

My FH thoughts are in discords staff channel, if you want my perspective of it. On wind druid i still cant say much.

bgtomsk
01-14-2017, 01:36 PM
Everyone who was here remembers how many complaints there were in public games (that the druids are OP) before the first frame nerf. I havent seen a single since the second nerf. Moreover, almost everyone with whom I played, moved to other characters. It also has a decent disadvantage, the aiming and the corresponding inconvenience of playing this char.

the inconvenience in aiming may outweigh its damage output. The wind build already feels slow and is on the verge to be abandoned.

Eric
01-14-2017, 01:36 PM
Isnt it already weak at AoE...

What about a bone nec against single target? Where would you put him in the rankings? In endgame gear it takes 2-3 shots to kill cruc cain from even a safer position than dru.
A spear zon? It doesn't even require an endgame gear to overcome a perf druid in timing against most of the bosses. The time spent on killing is most noticeable especially for bosses that need to be grinded thousands of times to make valuable loot, as it was with Santa.
Wolf druid at bosses with trash monsters, for example, rift diablo?
Fire trapper is better against rift diablo/ctoggha aswell.

Even looking at how much wind druids are online it doesnt seem like it is an ultimate build.

Just as Alex said, wind druids are top 2 easily. I have a fully geared wind Druid at the moment, and I kill anything in the entire game in under 5 seconds. Hurricane is used to take out trash mobs, and tornado is used for bosses. Hurri is amazing at AoE for smaller monsters. Druid is ultimate build in the current state they are in. And they have already been nerfed twice.

bgtomsk
01-14-2017, 01:41 PM
Just as Alex said, wind druids are top 2 easily. I have a fully geared wind Druid at the moment, and I kill anything in the entire game in under 5 seconds. Hurricane is used to take out trash mobs, and tornado is used for bosses. Hurri is amazing at AoE for smaller monsters. Druid is ultimate build in the current state they are in. And they have already been nerfed twice.

I got this idea, what will u say about the characters i've mentioned? What are their timings against the same stuff in the latest gear? Which character do you use to kill rift diablo? How much time it takes? How fast do you kill trash monsters with huricane in rift or even in PL?

Eric
01-14-2017, 01:49 PM
I got this idea, what will u say about the characters i've mentioned? What are their timings against the same stuff in the latest gear? Which character do you use to kill rift diablo? How much time it takes? How fast do you kill trash monsters with huricane in rift or even in PL?

I've never played a bone necro on anni, but I do play sin/cs zon. And Druid/sin are the fastest killers.
I use my Druid to kill him, takes less than 5 seconds as I've mentioned. Hurricane kills anything in pl with 2 hits. I use nado on mobs in rift.

bgtomsk
01-14-2017, 01:59 PM
I've never played a bone necro on anni, but I do play sin/cs zon. And Druid/sin are the fastest killers.
I use my Druid to kill him, takes less than 5 seconds as I've mentioned. Hurricane kills anything in pl with 2 hits. I use nado on mobs in rift.

It takes less than 5 secs for fire sin/wolf druid either. Speaking about AOE, it takes 2 hits in pl even for an es cold sorc and its not even close to fire sins with their AOE. As for the bone nec, the above mentioned builds kill 15/20 lvl cruc boss slower, if you interested. How is it ultimate at single target or AOE then? I didnt play all characters either, maybe somebody can share their experience in killing same monsters with other builds?

bgtomsk
01-14-2017, 02:09 PM

btw i've checked my hurricane without enchant (12k dmg, cow set), over -200 pierce. It takes around 9 hits to kill a zombie. How much hurricane dmg do you have?

UPD: checked with 17k dmg, it takes around 7 hits... Both tests in 1 player game. Your statement is impossible.

Eric
01-14-2017, 02:53 PM
btw i've checked my hurricane without enchant (12k dmg, cow set), over -200 pierce. It takes around 9 hits to kill a zombie. How much hurricane dmg do you have?

UPD: checked with 17k dmg, it takes around 7 hits... Both tests in 1 player game. Your statement is impossible.
Currently i do 22k hurri and 43k nado. Seems to me you aren't using end game gear.

bgtomsk
01-14-2017, 03:01 PM
Currently i do 22k hurri and 43k nado. Seems to me you aren't using end game gear.

no, i'm not. but the difference between 12 and 17 is 2 hits, so 5k more dmg wont decrease 7 hits to 2. your dmg seems enchanted btw. usually ppl are not enchanting theirselfs going to PL.

Eric
01-14-2017, 03:03 PM
no, i'm not. but the difference between 12 and 17 is 2 hits, so 5k more dmg wont decrease 7 hits to 2. your dmg seems enchanted btw.

It actually makes a big difference, and its not chanted. I'll show you in game whenever. A lot of it has to do with - res as well.

Fitsu
01-15-2017, 03:33 AM
Oh, so melee fire druid wont be getting nerfed? I'll go back to building a druid then. I have no intention of making a wind druid as I don't like there playstyle and in d2 playstyle > clear speed 100% of the time ^^. That's why I always prefer more time put into making more builds viable as apposed to trying to balance them as closely as possible (ofcourse if certain builds are 2-3x faster that's a problem but 10-20% is a /care for me).

Also, when u say upcoming are u talking like within this ladder or likely not until next?

Game
01-15-2017, 04:39 AM
Oh, so melee fire druid wont be getting nerfed? I'll go back to building a druid then. I have no intention of making a wind druid as I don't like there playstyle and in d2 playstyle > clear speed 100% of the time ^^. That's why I always prefer more time put into making more builds viable as apposed to trying to balance them as closely as possible (ofcourse if certain builds are 2-3x faster that's a problem but 10-20% is a /care for me).

Also, when u say upcoming are u talking like within this ladder or likely not until next?

Upcoming, as in the new ladder reset patch which will likely be out February 23rd or 24th. It was originally going to be March 3rd but we're moving it up since the Nintendo Switch was announced to come out that day. Melee Druid will not be directly nerfed, but we will be altering the Flame Horizon's spell, as right now it shoots too many missiles.

Lampogriz
01-15-2017, 04:43 AM
i wanna back original werebear skin

Game
01-15-2017, 05:20 AM
i wanna back original werebear skin

Sorry :(

Drlukifer
01-15-2017, 06:17 AM
Upcoming, as in the new ladder reset patch which will likely be out February 23rd or 24th. It was originally going to be March 3rd but we're moving it up since the Nintendo Switch was announced to come out that day. Melee Druid will not be directly nerfed, but we will be altering the Flame Horizon's spell, as right now it shoots too many missiles.

You should post this in announcements, as players will take your word as gospel

Game
01-15-2017, 06:19 AM
You should post this in announcements, as players will take your word as gospel

Haha, yeah I planned on likely doing that later today!