PDA

View Full Version : Banning lightning sentry on D2PK FFA events. POLL

rattan
01-16-2017, 11:30 PM
So basically, we had a discussion regarding the banning of lightning sentry on D2PK FFA events due to it being abused to a point where it's unfair, and we are seeing a lot of sins recently. The thought of this is to open up more diversity.

What are your thoughts about this? Let us know in the poll!

Lockzilla
01-16-2017, 11:48 PM
Its hard to tell whos playing defensive on a FFA. I mean if you get 1/2 life and 3/4 people are still alive, then you're going to stay back and rep a few. But not literally attacking sitting in 5 traps is definately DQ worthy. If i enter on a bow zon i cant be expected to be fully aggressive, but thats a bow zon vs a assassin. Its a tough call. I know most of us are sick of seeing 3-4 sins enter the event.

Ukon
01-17-2017, 09:51 AM
Get better at dueling.

Problem solved.

BlueVex
01-17-2017, 11:34 AM
Get better at dueling.

Problem solved.

I don't think getting better at dueling is the solution to what they're trying to solve; the problem is having 7 assassins sitting next to their favorite box until everyone dies of old age and they win by default.

Anyways, I don't really care what people use.

Eric
01-17-2017, 11:45 AM
In my opinion, a thunderstorm sorc just teleing around is a lot worse, and it's not banned. I say leave it up to the host to decide whether or not the assassins in question are showing lazy dueling behavior. And then dq if it's out of hand.

Ukon
01-17-2017, 01:17 PM
As long as you apply pressure to a sin, the tactic you are referring to being BM is null and void.

If you don't have the sack to telestomp and position your attack in the correct spot, again, it is a skill problem and you being lazy and using a similar l8z tactic.

Sin is the best character to exploit another persons deficiencies in PVP ability.

Again, the whole problem is that you need to get better at dueling, not that trap sin should be banned. Smh

acyroma
01-17-2017, 01:46 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong here Ukon, but from what I can tell you have not ever participated in a D2PK FFA event.

Ukon
01-17-2017, 02:11 PM
I have not. But i have dueled on vanilla d2
countless times.

literally the same thing except you have a couple extra realm specific items and perf items.

Lockzilla
01-17-2017, 03:44 PM
Get better at dueling.

Problem solved.

Hey Ukon I can show you what everyones talking about if you want to hop on D2PK. I assure you getting better @ dueling isn't a problem for me. But just so you're up to speed on this. How about we 1v1?

BlueVex
01-17-2017, 03:58 PM
As long as you apply pressure to a sin, the tactic you are referring to being BM is null and void.

If you don't have the sack to telestomp and position your attack in the correct spot, again, it is a skill problem and you being lazy and using a similar l8z tactic.

Sin is the best character to exploit another persons deficiencies in PVP ability.

Again, the whole problem is that you need to get better at dueling, not that trap sin should be banned. Smh

"The thought of this is to open up more diversity."

Being good has nothing to do with anything. I'm not sure how to explain this to you in a way that you could understand (since you haven't participated in any FFA).

Lockzilla
01-17-2017, 05:19 PM
I have not. But i have dueled on vanilla d2
countless times.

literally the same thing except you have a couple extra realm specific items and perf items.

Waiting for you to dodge my 1v1 request.

Ukon
01-17-2017, 06:25 PM
I have participated in plenty ffa, fpk, 1v1, 2v2, etc etc tournaments.

If you apply constant pressure to a sin, it makes it extremely difficult to do the l8z technique.

Trust me, the only class I play is sin on vanilla and here and d2pk. I've played al the classes of sin, ghost, hybrid, and trapper. Again, if you apply constant pressure, I don't have time to l8z, mb lock, tele and reapply traps, rinse and repeat.

If you play defensively against a sin using any sort of traps as damage, whether hybrid or trapper (not using ghost as an example as traps aren't used for damage, just as a mb lock with WoF), the sin has all the advantage.

Ukon
01-17-2017, 06:27 PM
Waiting for you to dodge my 1v1 request.

I will "dodge" for a few days as I don't have time ATM.

and yes you will more than likely best me as I am out of practice dueling. This, however, is not the point in trying to prove. Never said I'm better than anyone.

My point is, if you can't beat a trapper, get better, don't make a rule against it because you suck at dueling.

Lockzilla
01-17-2017, 07:01 PM
Okay. I dont suck @ dueling, but I am tired of seeing 3-5 sins enter the event, and literally make me either go necromancer or druid. Bvc is out of the question because of my ping and not to mention it being a free for all. So since I don't suck, and your theory of get better doesn't apply to me. How would you go about fixing this? And no sweat on the dodge thing, everyone knows you wouldnt win, yet alone even try to duel me.

Ukon
01-17-2017, 07:09 PM
So because your Ping is to high, you can't go bvc. So the issue is get better internet there.

You just touched on the best class vs trapper, Necro. Second best is hybrid sin.

You listed out basically all the fpk classes. Two of which you said you would take vs trapper. So I am not seeing your issue other than you need better internet.

All hail Lockzilla. You 5-0d me without me even logging on. You so good at dueling.

Lockzilla
01-17-2017, 07:21 PM
You're just an idiot Ukon. A troll nonetheless. Go back to mfing and leave the dueling discussion alone. Clearly you have no ideas on how to approach this.

saesa
01-17-2017, 07:39 PM
Yep, ping is the biggest enemy for D2PK so I recommend banning the shitsentry! I am the last person ever to ban skills but as I see it, trappers are clearly killing purpose of humble events we have there. :D

Ukon
01-17-2017, 07:46 PM
You're just an idiot Ukon. A troll nonetheless. Go back to mfing and leave the dueling discussion alone. Clearly you have no ideas on how to approach this.

All you were doing was creating straw man arguments.

So who is actually the troll here?

Lockzilla
01-17-2017, 07:50 PM
All you were doing was creating straw man arguments.

So who is actually the troll here?

Well when you put just get better on your post while discussion on d2pk (which I've never seen you play) you really don't have much to contribute to the discussion. Now if you played all the events on d2pk then I wouldn't feel like your post was complete bullshit. If I wanted to go pride and try out I could win all the events on d2pk, but I don't like to do that, I like many others, like to have fun and try different things.

Eric
01-17-2017, 07:50 PM
For things to chamge, the lazy rule has to be enforced. It makes so much more sense to dq someone for l8z, Than ban the entire skill. I bet if this happened more there would be a huge difference in the attitude of the players.

BlueVex
01-18-2017, 02:44 AM
I have participated in plenty ffa, fpk, 1v1, 2v2, etc etc tournaments.

If you apply constant pressure to a sin, it makes it extremely difficult to do the l8z technique.

Trust me, the only class I play is sin on vanilla and here and d2pk. I've played al the classes of sin, ghost, hybrid, and trapper. Again, if you apply constant pressure, I don't have time to l8z, mb lock, tele and reapply traps, rinse and repeat.

If you play defensively against a sin using any sort of traps as damage, whether hybrid or trapper (not using ghost as an example as traps aren't used for damage, just as a mb lock with WoF), the sin has all the advantage.

Whatever you've participated in on normal realms is completely irrelevant, and being able to duel assassins is also irrelevant. As you're aware(?), games can hold up to 64 players, and these FFA events take a minimum of 9 rounds. The majority of players who participate—especially the ones in other time zones—usually end up leaving early because they don't have the time to watch a bunch of assassins duel each other for 10 years.

I imagine the point of banning light traps from FFA is to make things a little more interesting, because watching 5+ assassins attack each other with their eyes is suicide inducing.

BeLikeALl
01-18-2017, 09:55 AM
guys how can you make the rulles of your choesen play style.. if you ban ls you shold ban as well tornado barb leap necro bone/ necro bone .spear teleport for sorc. and also maine style BOX PVP also wsg .. so where its the balance? and btw your team ffa pvp play.

acyroma
01-18-2017, 10:01 AM
guys how can you make the rulles of your choesen play style.. if you ban ls you shold ban as well tornado barb leap necro bone/ necro bone .spear teleport for sorc. and also maine style BOX PVP also wsg .. so where its the balance? and btw your team ffa pvp play.

If that's how you feel you should probably vote in the poll. It's been at 2 no's since page 1.

Brimstonejack
01-18-2017, 10:03 AM
On one hand, It's impossible to monitor multiple sins throughout an FFA tournament, especially if the host is participating. On the other hand, the same people that are complaining about how sins play here are the same people who think it's cool to have LLD zons with no FRW cap spamming unlimited arrows from 2 screens away while saying the proper solution is just to "git gud." While I'm tempted to side with the cheap, lazy, boring sins here out of spite, I can't say it isn't a broken, bullshit tactic in FFA. And I've seen the camping far too many times.