PDA

View Full Version : letting us do "Players X" in online

Fitsu
02-05-2017, 09:06 AM
I get the argument that allowing people to use Players X could potentionally kill stop people from grouping, but nowa days everyone just stacks mules into a game anyway so given that wouldn't it make more sense just to let us do /players X to increase difficulty. Seems it'd be easier both on server load & playability.

Or is this something that can't really be done?

acyroma
02-05-2017, 09:23 AM
From what I understand, there actually has to be a character in the game to increase the player count online, it's not quite so simple as just "enabling" the /players command.

Fitsu
02-05-2017, 09:57 AM
From what I understand, there actually has to be a character in the game to increase the player count online, it's not quite so simple as just "enabling" the /players command.

Awh that's to bad, no easy way of tricking the game into thinking there's more players then I suppose?

Vorpvp
02-05-2017, 09:03 PM
Awh that's to bad, no easy way of tricking the game into thinking there's more players then I suppose?

Just multi load in a lot of mules and have them in town.

Fitsu
02-06-2017, 12:07 AM
Just multi load in a lot of mules and have them in town.

That's my point though, the fact that we can just do that removes the negative that having such a command would make people less likely to group up and as such just allowing us to do it via a command would be both more enjoyable from a playing point of view (because u don't need to load 64 mules in/out, or have ure PC run 40+ versions of the game) and there would be less sever load.

Also, is there an easy way to multi load mules? I noticed some people like have them all load in at really fast, and then they just "time out" all at once while I only know to just load them in one at a time.

sleezy2
02-13-2017, 12:11 AM
that would be a dream.

Lampogriz
02-13-2017, 01:01 AM
that would be a dream.

yeah

Snowish
02-13-2017, 02:27 AM
For us that use lower spec laptops / pcs this feature would really come in handy.

pulse37
02-13-2017, 02:37 AM
hmm, i like this. loading mules is a pain the ass

Game
02-13-2017, 03:00 AM
Increased player count is not necessary as of 5.0. It will no longer affect drops such as puzzles, enchantments, boss specific items, etc. The only thing it could be used for is experience, but since monster health no longer increases with players in-game in 5.0 it would essentially be a turn up my experience gain switch.

Frigide
02-13-2017, 04:58 AM
but since monster health no longer increases with players in-game in 5.0 it would essentially be a turn up my experience gain switch.

Wait, does that mean monsters diff will be same in solo and in x64 player???

Fitsu
02-13-2017, 05:06 AM
Increased player count is not necessary as of 5.0. It will no longer affect drops such as puzzles, enchantments, boss specific items, etc. The only thing it could be used for is experience, but since monster health no longer increases with players in-game in 5.0 it would essentially be a turn up my experience gain switch.

So, more players wont increase the amount of drops anymore?
How will this effect SoH?
Wouldn't it make sense to just normalize the XP as well then if enemy HP wont be increasing. Even if it's just XP, I never like feeling like I could be gaining more than I am (I.E. playing solo vs loading in mule).
If HP wont be increasing, wont this make all content hilariously easy once you've got a few players in?

Game
02-13-2017, 12:16 PM
So, more players wont increase the amount of drops anymore?
How will this effect SoH?
Wouldn't it make sense to just normalize the XP as well then if enemy HP wont be increasing. Even if it's just XP, I never like feeling like I could be gaining more than I am (I.E. playing solo vs loading in mule).
If HP wont be increasing, wont this make all content hilariously easy once you've got a few players in?

It will not. Wait for 5.0 and see :) There's some big changes. SoH will no longer be used to make diablo soulstone in 5.0 either.

sleezy2
02-13-2017, 06:45 PM
well thats settled, nice work

sleezy2
02-13-2017, 06:47 PM

awesome. thats a great patch update

LordManhammer
02-13-2017, 08:33 PM
Holy crap. This should be interesting:)

nedamettin
02-17-2017, 02:35 AM
that standard thingy was to be honest a lame mechanic for people who cant load max amount of players. glad to see it being changed