PDA

View Full Version : Few questions

Seekers
03-08-2017, 09:13 AM
Hello! Im kinda new here (and first thread here gz), is this the correct section for short questions? Lul.

I've got a few questions about some of the content:

Does MF affect aza org droprate/mark droprate and other unique drop rate (like puzzle boxes, fragments, etc)?

Where do people farm for tyrael key/trag oul key? (Yes I know it drops everywhere but where does it drop the most).

Does stony tomb have any drops or reason to exist?

Think thats all for now.

wdzepplin
03-08-2017, 09:18 AM
1- no
2- can drop anywhere but from experience in previous patch it was plaguelands using find item skill
3- It's just an inferno zone like others - it does not have any specific unique though as far as I know

Seekers
03-08-2017, 09:39 AM
Thanks wdzepplin

Looks like I just need more rng (welp there go my chances of ever seeing both those bosses).

Another question:
Is cows still the best place to farm blue orgs? I've seen people have like 10 sets of them but no idea how do they farm that.
And did the chance of alkor head dropping get lowered? Last patch it didnt take long at all but now I'm at 80+ swampy pit runs (with around half of them being full runs) and it still hasn't dropped.

Savior
03-08-2017, 10:19 AM
Another question:
Is cows still the best place to farm blue orgs? I've seen people have like 10 sets of them but no idea how do they farm that.
And did the chance of alkor head dropping get lowered? Last patch it didnt take long at all but now I'm at 80+ swampy pit runs (with around half of them being full runs) and it still hasn't dropped.

Cows is probably still your best bet for finding Azathoth Organs.
I rarely find them anywhere else myself, but I never look for organs really.
And I've heard a few people saying they think Alkor's Shruken Head's drop rate was lowered.
So I'm assuming from all the talk about it, that yes it must've been lowered.
But I could be wrong, everyone might just be having a lot of bad luck.

rrra
03-08-2017, 10:25 AM
Stony tomb does have a unique drop. Its a sorc helm called short circlet that I don't think was ever uploaded to the wiki. It is pretty strong for light sorcs and has a unique effect that turns thunderstorm light damage into physical damage. It drops from the Mechanized Destroyer on the second level and has a droprate similar to that of skull of the unclean (a5 Ifrit drop) and alkors shrunked head. (a3 Swamp King)

Cows is still the best spot as far as I know, but the drop rate is terrible unless you have 8+ characters in the game. Which means you need to join pubs or do privates with friends since you can only have 4 instances of this server per ip. The only reason some people have a ton is that they are buying baskets or organs from Hadriel. If you are farming cow parts, that's the easiest way to do it.

Alkor drop rate is the same. Sometimes you just get really unlucky. I think last ladder it took me a good 200 runs to get mine.

Frigide
03-08-2017, 11:17 AM
Hmm making a cow in public doesnt change drop rates in this patch?!!!? Drop chances is unchanged by number of chars in game
Thats one of the major changes in 5.0 i believe

naptologist
03-08-2017, 11:54 AM
Hmm making a cow in public doesnt change drop rates in this patch?!!!? Drop chances is unchanged by number of chars in game
Thats one of the major changes in 5.0 i believe

I think the drop chance is higher with more characters in game (doing different runs with just myself vs with multiple people seems that more drops with more people) but I think just the experience amount given after 8+ people enter the game doesn't grant more experience is what the change was. The higher drop chance is just an assumption though based on observation.

rrra
03-08-2017, 12:03 PM
"
• Drop rates have been changed across the board, especially in inferno zones. Uniques will not be as easy to obtain, this will help the new world drop vanilla uniques hold plenty of value. Player count will no longer increase the drop rate of puzzles, enchantments, cow / Azathoth organs, and boss exclusives. This is another change we are making to remove the advantage of loading several clients, and once again will greatly increase the value of items found from puzzle bosses.
"
From patch notes.

I confused azatoth/cow drop rate - which is not effected by player count - with rune drops, which AFAIK still is since more players = more drops/monster.

Seekers
03-08-2017, 12:11 PM
Thanks everyone for answers :D

Also lol wut mechanized destroyer has a special drop? Is it better or worse than Gryphon's diadem for a javazon?.

Anyways, hopefully the last question for now:

How hard is Cthulhu? What type of attacks he uses and how much dmg is needed to kill him (I hit mappo for around 20-35% of his hp before he heals once, is this enough damage?, can't kill crucible chimera yet which was a very easy boss last patch so kinda worried).

Mephisto
03-08-2017, 12:15 PM
If u struggle on the chimera boss, u dont wanna do Chuthulu for sure!

Frigide
03-08-2017, 12:18 PM
"
• Drop rates have been changed across the board, especially in inferno zones. Uniques will not be as easy to obtain, this will help the new world drop vanilla uniques hold plenty of value. Player count will no longer increase the drop rate of puzzles, enchantments, cow / Azathoth organs, and boss exclusives. This is another change we are making to remove the advantage of loading several clients, and once again will greatly increase the value of items found from puzzle bosses.
"
From patch notes.

I confused azatoth/cow drop rate - which is not effected by player count - with rune drops, which AFAIK still is since more players = more drops/monster.

Ho i see. Thanks. Misunderstood that point

Seekers
03-08-2017, 12:33 PM
If u struggle on the chimera boss, u dont wanna do Chuthulu for sure!

Its not really a struggle, more like since it heals like 50% hp in 5 seconds I can't kill it but it also cannot kill me either.

Mephisto
03-08-2017, 02:40 PM
Well if im online, u can allways try, and if u cant kill it, just give me a call :)