PDA

View Full Version : farming vanilla content to get marks!/why?

sleezy2
03-15-2017, 09:51 AM
so farming duriel right now and i have the speed down to 15-30 seconds per run and i have probably done around 2000 runs and have gotten one mark. I just keep thinking about how boring this is and how this could be so much better. we are farming vanilla areas that are soooo easy to clear! There is no challenge no deaths and i thought of an idea for farming marks and keys that would be way more fun.

There are so many great inferno areas that are great to farm but only half of them are accesible? u need to farm for months just to go into it once, why???

how cool would it to be able to farm tyrael with a level full of mobs before him that all mobs have a chance to drop tyraels key and tyrael has a greater chance. still make the drop chance low but once u get the key it opens a portal to 2 tyraels or tyrael and ubers or a rift diablo (just to make the fight harder/ more fun) promote more team play.

azmodan level is awesome so many mobs! that would be such a cool area to farm on a daily basis. make it like crucible that azmo can not be damaged until all mobs are cleared on the one area he is in! once u get the key for it to open a portal with azmo and cthulu...

fyi, crucible is way better!! love it, so much fun!! only had minor glitchs of mobs being off screen(i think) and unable to clear a level. mainly lvl 14

Frigide
03-15-2017, 09:55 AM
I dont like to have to get marks to get certain items, but making them "easy" to go to isnt the thing we want, or ppl would get hundreds of high tier items. Thats kinda not what we want do we?

Mephisto
03-15-2017, 10:13 AM
But u can also get marks from higher area's:
Time Rift
Clone Diablo
Ubers
Omega's

It's not just the main act bosses :)

sleezy2
03-15-2017, 10:14 AM
I dont like to have to get marks to get certain items, but making them "easy" to go to isnt the thing we want, or ppl would get hundreds of high tier items. Thats kinda not what we want do we?

you are missing the point! the idea is not to flood the market with more higher tier items, make the drop rates really low. The point is I have farmed this great gear so that i can run crucibles and inferno areas....but what am i doing. farming keys frags and mark? i dont need the gear im wearing to do that!! not to mention its sooo boring and under utilizing such cool levels!

sleezy2
03-15-2017, 10:21 AM
Time Rift
Clone Diablo
Ubers
Omega's

exactly farming keys to do ubers/clone!! the best way to get that mark is to farm keys or buy organs to do ubers! also are very easy to do! But yes rift is a great level and have farmed it alot so far. no luck on mark in rift because its a better use of time to farm keys to do ubers to get torchs/ annis and the higher chance on marks. how did u get your mark and the shit ton of annis u got!! from buying organs or farming keys and running ubers and clones!! i would much rather farm rift, althgouh the drop rate on the mobs in that level is really low. so all u do is farm the bosses.

Mephisto
03-15-2017, 10:48 AM
Hmmm, no I havent bought any organs from the vendor, I havent done many torch runs myself :)
Google, Diablo 2 Clone Hunting, read some info, and u will see how i got my anni's!

LordManhammer
03-15-2017, 10:57 AM
He makes a good point. If I had a choice to farm an easy boss thousands of times for the rare map drop that I may or may not be able to complete or to farm a hard boss over and over for the rare chance at a boss specific item drop, I'd choose the latter. The map system here (as cool as it sounds and fun as it may be for clans to tackle) is an exclusive system. I would prefer an inclusive farming environment. Farming is what D2 is all about. Making the content hard is fine and seems to be appreciated here but making it hard to get access to is a bit off putting.

LordManhammer
03-15-2017, 11:02 AM
Hmmm, no I havent bought any organs from the vendor, I havent done many torch runs myself :)
Google, Diablo 2 Clone Hunting, read some info, and u will see how i got my anni's!

Do sojs have to be sold to vendors here in order for the clone to spawn?

Mephisto
03-15-2017, 11:03 AM
No, just replace the whole idea with Diablo Soulstones instead of sojs :)

LordManhammer
03-15-2017, 11:10 AM

Are you able to get multiple Annis out of one soulstone that way?

sleezy2
03-15-2017, 11:25 AM

uhhhhh...well i didnt think an exploit would work on here like that. i remember back in the day ip dclone spawning. so whats the difference from 64 player heroes of standards to ip dclone spawning? I thought the idea to change standard of hetoes was for people to actually put the time in and not exploit/flood the markets? i guess i was wrong

just another point! no one wants to farm vanilla levels thousands upon thousands of runs..... find exploit and abuse it.
ip dclone spawning is just as bad as boting

i came on to this server because of the cheating on vanilla, botters ruined and controlled the economy and stayed because the inferno areas are sooo awesome, the items are sooo cool and the community is great. dispite a couple of randos. why are we allowing this? mephisto you already have more advantage than anyone in the game, you are like scrooge mcduck sitting on top of all that gold!!! you have now put yourself in a better position than anyone else playing this game because of it this exploit!!!!

can i set up a bot? if we are allowed to do shit like this?? sarcasm can sometimes be missed when written

This makes me want to leave the game

Lampogriz
03-15-2017, 11:28 AM
Time Rift
Clone Diablo
Ubers
Omega's

time rift is boring asf
farming keys is boring asf
farming frags is boring asf

i agree with Sleezy
You are forced to killing 1000+ times one boss with high end geared char, who kills him in 1-2 shots. Comletely retarded.

Better remake fake tombs or ancient tunnels with high level mobs, who have chance to drop mark of lies (real chance).
Same to black soulstone with different endgame area.
Same to mark of sin.

Lampogriz
03-15-2017, 11:30 AM

What you did is called abusing, not fair to other players

sleezy2
03-15-2017, 11:35 AM
He makes a good point. If I had a choice to farm an easy boss thousands of times for the rare map drop that I may or may not be able to complete or to farm a hard boss over and over for the rare chance at a boss specific item drop, I'd choose the latter. The map system here (as cool as it sounds and fun as it may be for clans to tackle) is an exclusive system. I would prefer an inclusive farming environment. Farming is what D2 is all about. Making the content hard is fine and seems to be appreciated here but making it hard to get access to is a bit off putting.

i agree with clans having an advantage, but playing on here with friends is way more fun than playing solo. that being said i did pits until i got geared enough to farm dreamlands and lichking once getting higher tier items i then was able to party up with clan mates to run the crucible. the point im trying to make is you could still get crazy good gear from running pits solo in order to play all inferno areas solo...minus the crucible

Savior
03-15-2017, 11:41 AM
I've seen a lot of people frustrated over how hard it is to find the items to get to the new end game areas.
Maybe a poll to see where most of the players stand on this would be a good idea?

sleezy2
03-15-2017, 11:44 AM
i like how hard it is to find items. i just dont like what im farming to get it! not to mention such a waist of creating such cool inferno areas to potentially never even set foot in one

liumtra
03-15-2017, 11:46 AM
in my case i did alot of uber runs and farmed atleast about 20 fragset (got 6 sets now) and also alot of rift diablo.

so far i found no mark just 75 rift diablo with no drop and about 30 cs diablo with no drop.

Vorpvp
03-15-2017, 11:51 AM
The marks dropping is the issue, not so much the difficulty of obtaining "endgame items". It took me a bit to fully gear, but I geared. It's a matter of either farming HRs to purchase, or farming inferno areas to drop it.

Lampogriz
03-15-2017, 11:51 AM
in my case i did alot of uber runs and farmed atleast about 20 fragset (got 6 sets now) and also alot of rift diablo.

so far i found no mark just 75 rift diablo with no drop and about 30 cs diablo with no drop.

how do you feel youself?

RevanDarth
03-15-2017, 11:52 AM
I agree with Sleezy here entirely, also Savior, community is divided about this, some like the new challenge and some does not, in my opinion you can't just play vanilla content and ignore endgame, if a player want vanilla experience they will go to another private server or clasic bnet. Most of the guys here are sick of the vanilla and countless baal runs they want something new. If you want to get opinion from your community you make a poll on this, this is not first complain we got about current state of the server, few dominated the server in a week and rest still struggle with endgame.

LordManhammer
03-15-2017, 11:53 AM
i agree with clans having an advantage, but playing on here with friends is way more fun than playing solo. that being said i did pits until i got geared enough to farm dreamlands and lichking once getting higher tier items i then was able to party up with clan mates to run the crucible. the point im trying to make is you could still get crazy good gear from running pits solo in order to play all inferno areas solo...minus the crucible

Yeah, absolutely you can get good gear from pits. I guess my main point was that the endgame gear should be what is hard to aquire and not the content itself. It's possible that I might only see one or two end game map keys drop in an entire ladder or maybe none at all. This not only means that if I do get to run a map that I won't have a clue about what's going on but I also could potentially not be able to complete it if I end up being under geared for it. That is ridiculous.

For some weird reason no one is making guide videos for Annihilus either. I have no idea why. I would think that those who run and/or develope this mod would at the very least encourage this if not do it themselves. Even the occasional reveal video for upcoming content would be beneficial for growth. I recently upgraded my computer so that i could start creating content. Making videos for Anni content was one of the goals that I had but with the increase of difficulty and the decrease of drop rates of keys I'm kind of at a loss. I would love to promote this server but it's kind of hard to do that without being able to actually play the endgame content.

Now if you're thinking to yourself, "Git gud then." Fine. I may not be the best of the best here on this server but then that leaves it up to you elite peeps to start making promotional content or guides for Anni. The more visual examples that people have of the new features of this mod, the more interest that will be generated.

liumtra
03-15-2017, 11:53 AM
how do you feel youself?
so bored as hell when im farming this hard and no dice even though they are very fast run.

i'd prefer an area like pits than humping from acts to acts just to get the keys

sleezy2
03-15-2017, 12:01 PM
Yeah, absolutely you can get good gear from pits. I guess my main point was that the endgame gear should be what is hard to aquire and not the content itself. It's possible that I might only see one or two end game map keys drop in an entire ladder or maybe none at all. This not only means that if I do get to run a map that I won't have a clue about what's going on but I also could potentially not be able to complete it if I end up being under geared for it. That is ridiculous.

For some weird reason no one is making guide videos for Annihilus either. I have no idea why. I would think that those who run and/or develope this mod would at the very least encourage this if not do it themselves. Even the occasional reveal video for upcoming content would be beneficial for growth. I recently upgraded my computer so that i could start creating content. Making videos for Anni content was one of the goals that I had but with the increase of difficulty and the decrease of drop rates of keys I'm kind of at a loss. I would love to promote this server but it's kind of hard to do that without being able to actually play the endgame content.

Now if you're thinking to yourself, "Git gud then." Fine. I may not be the best of the best here on this server but then that leaves it up to you elite peeps to start making promotional content or guides for Anni. The more visual examples that people have of the new features of this mod, the more interest that will be generated.

i see where you are coming from. although I really enjoy just going onto the wiki and thinking of really cool builds, something that would stand out. the hard part is getting the gear. got to put that time in though, get that gear and trade for the pieces you want and hope the build works!! i personally dont want tto play a build that is already really popular. get creative there are tons of items that can change a build. message me in game if ever want to do some runs i can try to help anyway i can with a build

LordManhammer
03-15-2017, 12:08 PM
i see where you are coming from. although I really enjoy just going onto the wiki and thinking of really cool builds, something that would stand out. the hard part is getting the gear. got to put that time in though, get that gear and trade for the pieces you want and hope the build works!! i personally dont want tto play a build that is already really popular. get creative there are tons of items that can change a build. message me in game if ever want to do some runs i can try to help anyway i can with a build

I like making new builds as well. My motivation usually revolves around effectiveness though. I'm not trying to make a new hipster build just to be the first to do it:) I also enjoy making a character that can solo content. I prefer it that way. I was using Mappo as a benchmark for new build ideas but now mythic bosses need to be killed by specific OP builds or zerged by groups. You can't just brainstorm a new concept for a build and hope for the best. It's sink or swim with MMO boss healing mechanics and I feel that this takes away from the game more than anything at the moment.

Game
03-15-2017, 12:20 PM
I understand farming old content is not for everyone, but a lot of people like having the old nostalgic bosses being useful to kill again. I do have good news for you though, there is a new patch coming fairly soon with a LOT of new monsters that will definitely be worth farming. I am not blind to what the community thinks, I just cannot put out all of the content I want to at once a a one man team, but it is definitely coming. If we're lucky we should see another content patch possibly even before the end of March!

sleezy2
03-15-2017, 12:43 PM
I understand farming old content is not for everyone, but a lot of people like having the old nostalgic bosses being useful to kill again. I do have good news for you though, there is a new patch coming fairly soon with a LOT of new monsters that will definitely be worth farming. I am not blind to what the community thinks, I just cannot put out all of the content I want to at once a a one man team, but it is definitely coming. If we're lucky we should see another content patch possibly even before the end of March!

but what about all your cool inferno levels that are not even being used?? open them up, let people play them! have to do a weeks worth of work to play one level!!! crazy town. I really do appreciate all the work you have put into this game, enjoy and respect the time you put into it. I dont want it to sound like this game isnt fucking awesome. just suggestions. oh and for the nostalgic junkies they still get to farm frags!!

Savior
03-15-2017, 01:21 PM
but what about all your cool inferno levels that are not even being used?? open them up, let people play them!

This is seeming to be more of the problem than anything really, people just want to see the new areas.
It's not even that they want to get the items from the area's easier, they just want to try the newer content.
I remember last ladder the one place I got to try the least was probably going to fight Tyrael.
I was obviously interested in getting an El'Druin sword because it's a cool item to get.
But getting there just to fight him was what I wanted even more than anything.
He was much easier back then, but still just being able to fight Tyrael brings joy to peoples hearts.
The only thing I can really think that would make all of this work better would be what the bosses drop.
The new end game bosses always drop something good, out of the 3-5 items? that only they can drop.
If they had more bad drops like Lich King or Dreamlands bosses they could be farmed more.
It would suck when you found a Mark or Soulstone and finally managed to kill the boss just to get nothing.
But at least you would've gotten a chance to see the new bosses and areas and experience annihilus fully.
I'm also starting to feel having items drop to get to the new areas is a bad thing because it's very limiting.
People could be enjoying farming against Belial, Cthulhu, Azmodan, Trag'Oul, Tyrael, Matheal, ect ect.
But 80% of the server at least at the moment haven't seen any of these bosses even once so far.
New players coming to the server wont get to enjoy these areas if they cant get to them.
Which leaves them to farm only the Pits, Plaguelands and Dreamlands ect. ect.
Players love going to the end game content, it's what keeps them active and happy everyday.
But if they can't see such a wide variety of the Annihilus content without struggling for days it seems pointless.
They start thinking it's out of reach entirely and then just give up.
I think getting to the areas should be easier, but getting the items the bosses drop shouldn't be as easy.

pulse37
03-15-2017, 01:39 PM
agree with lampo. Hard areas / bosses should provide the better rewards. i know this is generally true, but the marks and puzzle boxes are the things that provide the best gear, and drop from the weakest mobs and act bosses. Would prefer seeing areas as hard as level 14 cruci (the one with ifrits of destroyers) with slightly better drops, and mobs have a tiny chance to drop a certain mark.

rrra
03-15-2017, 01:50 PM
I really like the idea (forget who suggested it) of giving monsters in certain inferno areas a chance to drop a particular map. A2, A3 and A5 Icy Cellar inferno areas in particular are quite challenging and yet are rarely farmed because the red portal A5 areas are just so much easier. You could give each inferno area monster a small chance to drop a particular map. I think grinding those would be a lot more fun and challenging then mindlessly kiliing Diablo/Duriel/Baal. For example, A2 stony tomb monsters could drop Mark of Lies, A3 swampy pit monsters could drop Mark of Sin and A5 Icy Cellar Monsters could drop the Black Soulstone. They would still be exclusive due to the difficulty of those areas and it would be a much more fun and challenging hunt than vanilla boss killing. You could even do that while eliminating the drops from vanilla bosses while keeping (but lowering) the drop rate for the various uber versions of the vanilla bosses. I know I am going to need a mark pretty soon and am dreading farming nothing but Diablo for two weeks straight. Just my two cents.

Edit: echo what pulse said right above me

sleezy2
03-22-2017, 05:01 PM
This is seeming to be more of the problem than anything really, people just want to see the new areas.
It's not even that they want to get the items from the area's easier, they just want to try the newer content.
I remember last ladder the one place I got to try the least was probably going to fight Tyrael.
I was obviously interested in getting an El'Druin sword because it's a cool item to get.
But getting there just to fight him was what I wanted even more than anything.
He was much easier back then, but still just being able to fight Tyrael brings joy to peoples hearts.
The only thing I can really think that would make all of this work better would be what the bosses drop.
The new end game bosses always drop something good, out of the 3-5 items? that only they can drop.
If they had more bad drops like Lich King or Dreamlands bosses they could be farmed more.
It would suck when you found a Mark or Soulstone and finally managed to kill the boss just to get nothing.
But at least you would've gotten a chance to see the new bosses and areas and experience annihilus fully.
I'm also starting to feel having items drop to get to the new areas is a bad thing because it's very limiting.
People could be enjoying farming against Belial, Cthulhu, Azmodan, Trag'Oul, Tyrael, Matheal, ect ect.
But 80% of the server at least at the moment haven't seen any of these bosses even once so far.
New players coming to the server wont get to enjoy these areas if they cant get to them.
Which leaves them to farm only the Pits, Plaguelands and Dreamlands ect. ect.
Players love going to the end game content, it's what keeps them active and happy everyday.
But if they can't see such a wide variety of the Annihilus content without struggling for days it seems pointless.
They start thinking it's out of reach entirely and then just give up.
I think getting to the areas should be easier, but getting the items the bosses drop shouldn't be as easy.

100% agree with you!!

norak
03-28-2017, 05:25 AM
SOLUTION!

new inferno area
lots of Hard* mobs (drop nothing but mark but extremely low chance 1 in 100000) no normal loot bc its area for farming marks and such
no tele
end of area has boss with say 1/balanced chance to drop puzzle/mark whatever

basically an area just for the puzle/mark.

and by hard i mean HARD*

/i see future and say there is a new cruci-like area :D but for marks/puzles a keys being common drop and mark/puzzle being uncommon or even rare drop

sleezy2
03-30-2017, 01:58 AM
SOLUTION!

new inferno area
lots of Hard* mobs (drop nothing but mark but extremely low chance 1 in 100000) no normal loot bc its area for farming marks and such
no tele
end of area has boss with say 1/balanced chance to drop puzzle/mark whatever

basically an area just for the puzle/mark.

and by hard i mean HARD*

/i see future and say there is a new cruci-like area :D but for marks/puzles a keys being common drop and mark/puzzle being uncommon or even rare drop

i like the idea!!i would like marks still beeing really rare though. dont want everyone having elite gear!

cruci is easier than expected. was alot of fun at start but would be ncie to have a seconday area after farming crucible. would be a diffrent progression of the game, after getting enough horads and elite gear from crucible you could have a more challenging run that would need a good clan to finish... Maybe even have that secondary area (crucible #2 (http://annihilus.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2%29) ) drop book of abyss as a really rare drop. alteast having that would show that you deserve it more so than just running mothing but frag runs.

crucible #2 (http://annihilus.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2) ideas is having rift diablo,cthulu and uldy as the end boss fight!! my god that would be intense.

would be cool to see more inferno bosses in it aswell.

jurat
04-02-2017, 10:48 PM
time rift is boring asf
farming keys is boring asf
farming frags is boring asf

i agree with Sleezy
You are forced to killing 1000+ times one boss with high end geared char, who kills him in 1-2 shots. Comletely retarded.

Better remake fake tombs or ancient tunnels with high level mobs, who have chance to drop mark of lies (real chance).
Same to black soulstone with different endgame area.
Same to mark of sin.

i gave the idea of remaking the fake tombs for something else to do. at this point im not even playing because the game is too based around team work which id rather solo farm everything so no one can take all drops. but better drop rates and something for solo people would be better like even out the difficulties for certain areas instead of ilvl 85 pl monsters that are harder than baals minions which are hihger than ilvl85

Bloodangel
04-15-2017, 08:19 AM
I 100% agree with sleezy and savior on just being able to see these new areas, last ladder i farmed like crazy joined a clan and still only saw tyrael one time. now this ladder i have farmed for marks so much even my wife is pissed. I Personally have Never Ever found any type of mark or tyrael key what so ever since i joined this server, and i play a massive amount. simply put i (as well as many others) would just love to be able to SEE the endgame content, and be able to just fight the bosses, not necessarily for all the end game godly gear that they drop (although that is a really great perk) but just for the experience of being able to finally actually see the content/fight the boss in general.