PDA

View Full Version : Adding Experience Pot to Gold Vendor

Scotty
03-19-2017, 07:44 PM
Would you be for or against this product hitting the market?

This is strictly a poll to determine whether or not people would like an experience potion (1-95) added to gold vendor.

The potion would only be available once there is "X" amount of players lvl "99" on current ladder.
( in my opinion )

I have no say whether or not this will go into effect, just know it has been talked about by the higher powers at be. Theyre just curious as to if people would buy it or not. Don't expect it to be cheap either.

Brimstonejack
03-19-2017, 07:48 PM
Nope. It's easy enough to get rushed to hell, do a few cow runs, then a couple inf cow runs. You can seriously get to 95 in a couple hours, easy. Would it ruin the game? Nah. Especially if you handle it like HRs from vendor at ladder re-start. It's just not necessary.

Game
03-19-2017, 08:04 PM
Nope. It's easy enough to get rushed to hell, do a few cow runs, then a couple inf cow runs. You can seriously get to 95 in a couple hours, easy. Would it ruin the game? Nah. Especially if you handle it like HRs from vendor at ladder re-start. It's just not necessary.

The real question is, would you be against it? Would it affect your experience? The poll should read more like this, rather than asking if you would use it I imagine.

Brimstonejack
03-19-2017, 08:08 PM
It could make things more convenient for people just wanting to test builds. This is enough reason for me to not be against it. I think 500 gold would be a good price point for it. That way plenty of people will still level the normal way, but it isn't out of reach for voters wanting to test a new build.

Savior
03-19-2017, 08:56 PM
I don't think it's really needed since it's easy enough to level as it is.
I'd even prefer if it were harder to level, because I myself prefer level 99 to mean something.
But it's a good idea, and it could be useful if it was done properly.
I'd say if it were added after people have made it to 99 that would be fine.
Also making it cost a small amount of gold , no more than 60 would be best.
Just so that everyone can afford to buy them and no one complains.

Game
03-19-2017, 08:59 PM
It definitely would not cost less than 1000 Gold, otherwise it is free leveling. Getting a free level 80-95 (not going higher than this) is the ultimate form of convenience, and the Gold Vendor is afterall supposed to be a convenience vendor.

Savior
03-19-2017, 09:30 PM
It definitely would not cost less than 1000 Gold, otherwise it is free leveling. Getting a free level 80-95 (not going higher than this) is the ultimate form of convenience, and the Gold Vendor is afterall supposed to be a convenience vendor.

In my previous post I figured it would be a potion similar to an exp shrine.
I re-read all this and realized its a potion to get an instant 95.
If it were 1 purchase and boom you're 95 I'd say 1000+ Gold for sure.

sleezy2
03-20-2017, 05:03 AM
sounds cool for testing builds. could always lower prime to lvl 92 or something.

Seekers
03-20-2017, 08:28 AM
Voting yes since it doesnt really have a negative impact on anyone's experience (ofc it should be disabled the first 2-3 weeks of ladder but that goes without saying).

Lockzilla
03-20-2017, 09:38 AM
I vote yes. This would greatly help Hardcorers like myself and a few others. But the real question is. How does it get released after a ladder reset. No one on HC has hit 99. I dont think it should be determined on HC after a few people hit 99. Just my opinion. To Recap, I vote yes. The question: when does it become available on HC? (probably the same time on SC I would think?)

Eric
03-20-2017, 05:57 PM
This is an amazing idea that I think should be implemented, it wouldn't have a huge impact especially only taking people to 95, as those aren't that difficult to get when you have the opportunity to level, but sometimes you aren't given that. Following up with Wayne's post, when would it be released on hardcore, if at all?

Joseah22
03-20-2017, 06:06 PM
I think it should be maybe 1-90 and that is it. Inferno cows and hell cows are good public games that help people group together to have fun. Obviously not everyone would buy the pot, but some would. Maybe double the experience from Inferno cows for 1-90 instead of the potion. I think its fine the way it is, really isnt hard to get to 95 right now. I vote No.

Newbify
03-20-2017, 07:38 PM
Nah bro this game is easy enough

Jared
03-20-2017, 09:03 PM
no way

Yrreiht
03-21-2017, 04:25 AM
I might use a potion to gain 1 level for 10k gold but absolutly not from 1 to 95. you just have to inf cow 4 or 5 games to get there.

StenchTrench
03-21-2017, 08:06 AM
Sorry but this gets a yes vote from me because the ability to gain exp from spectating has been removed. Its annoying waiting around for inferno cow games to be announced as pub, let alone the drop rate on blue organs being so low. No one spends time in normal and nm except the first week of the ladder or so. I would however NOT make this an option for hc players.

Lockzilla
03-21-2017, 08:08 AM
Sorry but this gets a yes vote from me because the ability to gain exp from spectating has been removed. Its annoying waiting around for inferno cow games to be announced as pub, let alone the drop rate on blue organs being so low. No one spends time in normal and nm except the first week of the ladder or so. I would however NOT make this an option for hc players.

Its either its for BOTH, or its not. Can't have it one way for SC and another way for HC.

StenchTrench
03-21-2017, 08:13 AM
Well this kind of breaks the thrill of hc. Something honestly needs to be implemented. I play early in the morning 5am to whenever I stop and inferno cow games aren't up. Let's be frank here...leveling isn't where the fun is anyways. Loot...farming...pvp...is where its at.

Lockzilla
03-21-2017, 08:15 AM
Well this kind of breaks the thrill of hc. Something honestly needs to be implemented. I play early in the morning 5am to whenever I stop and inferno cow games aren't up. Let's be frank here...leveling isn't where the fun is anyways. Loot...farming...pvp...is where its at.

Maybe not 95 level. But something to 85 - 90 along that line. PvP is fun but no one seems to do it. Except for a select few.

Drlukifer
03-21-2017, 08:20 AM
I think 95 is way too high for this. Just sounds lazy to me, and more p2w than anything. I could just buy a 95 on hardcore then GEAR IT, get torches/annis, chants from the vendor and be 99 in a week with enough gold. Im going to assume 99% of the players on this server dont have enough gold to do this (unless they paid for it).

Its a great idea, I think exp pots could really change the game, and actually get a lot more people to play hardcore and try different builds, but I would strongly suggest 80-85 for the level. Most people want this because they cant spectate for xp anymore, but its enough to wear a starter set and actually play the game and work for your experience.

Savior
03-21-2017, 12:19 PM
I think 95 is way too high for this. Just sounds lazy to me, and more p2w than anything. I could just buy a 95 on hardcore then GEAR IT, get torches/annis, chants from the vendor and be 99 in a week with enough gold. Im going to assume 99% of the players on this server dont have enough gold to do this (unless they paid for it).

Its a great idea, I think exp pots could really change the game, and actually get a lot more people to play hardcore and try different builds, but I would strongly suggest 80-85 for the level. Most people want this because they cant spectate for xp anymore, but its enough to wear a starter set and actually play the game and work for your experience.

Agreed

Game
03-21-2017, 12:27 PM
I was personally thinking level 80-85 myself. 95 is definitely out of the question and we never considered going above 85.

Scotty
03-21-2017, 08:27 PM
I was personally thinking level 80-85 myself. 95 is definitely out of the question and we never considered going above 85.

It was just an idea I threw out there. I agree with not being lvl 95. 80 is good enough. That would make me happy.

Haliax
03-21-2017, 10:58 PM
I don't see any reason to disallow them on SC, so I vote yes because, why not? Assuming, of course, they would not be available the first few weeks after ladder reset. That being said, after reading other replies, I still do not see them as very useful, so I would not buy them.
But for Hardcore? Unequivocally NO, on principle. Hardcore isn't suppose to be easy, the levels aren't supposed to be free. The entire point of Hardcore is to gain levels without dying. Levels are THE reward, THE mark of success, the entire point of hardcore. Being able to skip even a single one defeats the entire purpose.