PDA

View Full Version : New Prospective Players

D2Hilary
03-22-2017, 10:33 AM
Hi there,

My husband and I are looking for a place to play D2 that's free from botters. This place seems great. I have one question though - what is the exp gain like compared to blizz servers? I saw increased gain listed in the features, and wanted to know about how much of an increase it is.

Thanks very much for the feedback. Hope to see you guys in game soon!

Game
03-22-2017, 11:03 AM
Hi there,

My husband and I are looking for a place to play D2 that's free from botters. This place seems great. I have one question though - what is the exp gain like compared to blizz servers? I saw increased gain listed in the features, and wanted to know about how much of an increase it is.

Thanks very much for the feedback. Hope to see you guys in game soon!

Welcome to both of you! I am sure you'll have a blast here. As for the experience gain increase, it isn't flat across the board, it is highly increased earlier on, but falls off in the 90s, and after 97 it evens out to about the same as vanilla.

Lockzilla
03-22-2017, 11:03 AM
First of all, let me welcome you to our great community! Game can answer that question for you. I'm glad you decided to give us a try, I promise you won't be disappointed. If you have any questions in game, please don't hesitate to ask anyone of our staff / members!

SaintSlavut
03-22-2017, 01:48 PM
Nice to see other couples playing here. My wife used to play Anni with me but she's got a crippling addiction to LoL now. Haha

Also, no bots here. You'll have a good time. :cool:

Savior
03-22-2017, 01:54 PM
Enjoy your stay!!!

Mephisto
03-22-2017, 02:56 PM
Welcome!

Andy
03-23-2017, 11:55 AM
Welcome and enjoy your stay :)

D2Hilary
03-25-2017, 08:14 AM
Thank you all for the warm welcome. :) Just got the game installed and working.

I have a couple more questions if you folks don't mind:

Any hardcore ladder players here?

Do characters need to be permed, and do they expire if not played?

sleezy2
03-26-2017, 02:37 PM
i would suggest playing regular before getting into hardcore. There is alot to learn about this server, lots of areas that you will need to be wary of. It is a lot of fun! pm me in game if you want a tour.

sleezy2

Savior
03-27-2017, 06:19 AM
Thank you all for the warm welcome. :) Just got the game installed and working.

I have a couple more questions if you folks don't mind:

Any hardcore ladder players here?

Do characters need to be permed, and do they expire if not played?

Only a few people play Hardcore here and it is very very Hardcore here.
I'd suggest trying Softcore first to get familiar with the added content before jumping right into Hardcore.

And I don't believe characters will expire here, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Bloop
03-29-2017, 02:51 PM
youll enjoy the exp gains here

a couple hell cow runs and youll be in the 80's

and its really not that hard to get to 99. I have 3x 99s so far just by mfing alot.

hardcore is fuuun but its so sketchy haha. the only problem with it is not very many players play hc. it feels like more of a *take a break from grinding softcore items* situation to me. And honestly you probably wont ever see some of the cool new content in hardcore cuz people are scared :P

as far as chars expiring, I have no idea, none of my old chars say they are expired so if i had to make an assumption it would be that maybe accounts expire but not chars? idk youd have to ask Game.

dattelmann
03-29-2017, 05:31 PM
Hardcore is nice. We are a small community on Hardcore. If u give it a try let me know (the copters)

Thats right we are scared on hardcore, doing these bosses where you probably die several times. if you like that, softcore is the best place to be. if you start @ hardcore try to avoid act 3 at all (soulkillers) and of course nithalak. ce is still pretty bad. and all inferno areas (listed somewhere in the wiki)

also u can still be the best player... highest one is somewhere at 90 is guess. lockzilla was 94 but he died not long ago. rip

its just the fact that hardcore is more rewarding. finding a set piece on hardcore is like rolling a perfect hoto on normal d2 ;-)

naptologist
03-29-2017, 06:25 PM
Characters do not expire and you can also have a lot more characters per account than regular d2

D2Hilary
03-31-2017, 03:12 PM
Thanks guys. Hardcore is where it's at for me, even if that means skipping bosses. On blizz servers that is all that I played (and through many ladder seasons). The fear is part of the fun.

I'll check it out. Thanks again!