PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Ladder Reset and Patch 5.1

Game
09-03-2017, 10:37 PM
Hey everyone. I am sure it is painfully obvious, but Patch 5.1 has been delayed due to some pretty big bugs found in the beta testing. I am glad we caught them now, but as long as it is taking us to track down these pesky bugs we are coming up really close on our expected ladder reset estimate, which is supposed to be sometime in September. This has me faced with a dilemma. Below are the options I am exploring, please post your honest opinion as constructively as possible. I realize we made a pretty big blunder not having 5.1 a month ago, but some things you just cannot control.

Option 1) If 5.1 turns out to be ready to go within the next week, do we go ahead and put out Patch 5.1 to iron out any potential issues found for the reset? This will also let people experience and fight Omega Weapon, and we would push the ladder reset to mid October.

Option 2) Do not release 5.1 at all, instead we go straight to Patch 6.0 that I have been working on on the side, and it comes with the ladder reset. This could then be as early as late September, but could still very well take until mid October. This would also allow us to bundle the Halloween event content right with the launch of the new ladder. If we go with this option, we would offer Gold exchanges for all of the poor souls who farmed the Heart of Omega Weapon waiting on Patch 5.1. We would likely offer 3500 Gold per Heart turned in, or you could keep them to experience Omega Weapon right away on non-ladder as it will be a long while before anyone can do him on the new ladder. It is completely up to the person whether they turn it in or keep it.

So to sum it up, if possible release 5.1 ASAP and push ladder reset to mid October. OR cancel 5.1 and wait to bundle Patch 6.0, ladder reset, and Halloween Event content with Heart of Omega Weapon Gold exchanges.

Again please give constructive advice / opinions, we're almost definitely more upset about 5.1's delay than anyone else. I look forward to hearing what you all think.

Amatus
09-04-2017, 12:05 AM
What if you just want a /players 8 command?

Game
09-04-2017, 12:10 AM
What if you just want a /players 8 command?

That would do nothing on Annihilus, most benefits / cons of increased players is already in the game. :)

tears
09-04-2017, 12:19 AM
i voted second option but heart is forsure worth more than 3500 shits like 7k bruh
bruh

torckon
09-04-2017, 03:12 AM
I want the fast patch. I can't wait any more

Drlukifer
09-04-2017, 07:08 AM
i voted second option but heart is forsure worth more than 3500 shits like 7k bruh
bruh

Go ahead and sell them for 7k then xD

I'd say just wait for reset and release the whole shebang! Great job with the updates, Keep up the hard work

Mephisto
09-04-2017, 07:30 AM
I'd like to see new content released whenever its possible, but have the option to return the hearts. This way I feel if more people are playing we are sure all the bugs ( droprates and whatever ) are getting discovered and or buffed/nerfed builds, to make sure there's no crazy things in a fresh new ladder. I'd have to agree with Tears that 3.5k is kinda low tho, when the shit was still hot a skull/pearl were going like 1K -1.5k each easily, that being said I think 5K ~ would be more fair.

This option should keep the players thats farmed a Heart satisfied or at least give them a choice if they wanna explore the danger or simply convert it to gold, it also lets new players see a more active server.

shinryu
09-04-2017, 09:12 AM
Hello, I'm from Brazil and I do not know how to speak English very well so I'll be using google translator, maybe this comment is a little out of coherence.
In my opinion it would be better to launch the 5.1 patch to '' fill '' the server and after a while launch the 6.0 patch that you are working on.
I also believe you would have more time to work on the 6.0 patch because the 5.1 patch is stuffed with new stuff and it would take more time for the players to "get" because they already have all the items in the game / made all runs of the patch.

LordManhammer
09-04-2017, 11:32 AM
I say aim for 6.0. We've waited this long, what's another month. From what you've been saying it sounds like it will feel like a different game altogether. With a ladder reset we can all experience it together for the first time. Get someone to make a release trailer for it. Let the hype train roll out:)

torckon
09-04-2017, 01:50 PM
where is drop Heart of Omega Weapon?

Logan3043
09-06-2017, 01:45 PM
Whichever option brings hardcore players back is the one i vote for.

Xellotath
09-08-2017, 01:37 AM
I vote for 5.1 open beta until 6.0 on reset in October.

Fitsu
09-08-2017, 11:12 AM
I'd say work on getting reset/6.0 out asap. As people will only play 5.1 for a cpl days before it'll be right back to where we are now what with the reset so soon so nothing more than what has already been found on beta is going to be found.

I do think that it'd be worth maybe using the time saved from pushing 5.1 live to throw 6.0 on the beta for atleast a week just to give us a chance to test a few bits out before it goes live.

spdkllz
09-11-2017, 04:21 PM
Hello, I'm from Brazil and I do not know how to speak English very well so I'll be using google translator, maybe this comment is a little out of coherence.
In my opinion it would be better to launch the 5.1 patch to '' fill '' the server and after a while launch the 6.0 patch that you are working on.
I also believe you would have more time to work on the 6.0 patch because the 5.1 patch is stuffed with new stuff and it would take more time for the players to "get" because they already have all the items in the game / made all runs of the patch.

This guy gets it, its all about keeping game fresh with new content and ladder reset.

Keep the hype up with patch 5.1 asap, let the hype ride, and get another wave of players back with ladder reset /patch 6.0. Keep the game fresh. It's just my 2c of course and that guy's 2c, so that's a total of 4 cents.

player
09-12-2017, 11:15 AM
I guess the 24 peoples who votes to cancel 5.1 release are playing some other games and actually don't give a damn about not playing d2 during several months. I understand more that i would like that releasing an upgrade of your own creation while you are still working on some extra modifications is super boring. But usually it gets compensated by the credit that users will give to it, and the satisfaction they have. For now, Annihilus is in standby. Since 2 months i helped a lot of new players. All were super happy of new content but most of them just lost interest because of the lack of players. Probably some of them will come back. But i'm 100% sure lot of them will not because the server is deserted. Sry for my stupid english, and thanks for your concern.

Game
09-12-2017, 04:23 PM
Sorry guys, there will be no 5.1, there was a slim chance there was going to be when I made this poll but it is all but decided now. We've had too many delays, at this point 5.1 would be out a week or 2 at best before 6.0. It's best to just focus on 6.0 to make sure it gets here on time. I've made a lot of progress on it already, and let me tell you its awesome.

Addah1
10-08-2017, 04:53 PM
Is this poll still open?

I'm up for 6.0 soon and reset ladder soon.

Thor
10-08-2017, 05:33 PM
Is this poll still open?

I'm up for 6.0 soon and reset ladder soon.

Ditto

Txwel
10-08-2017, 07:17 PM
6.0!

SHAMANdur
10-09-2017, 02:46 AM
Sorry guys, there will be no 5.1, there was a slim chance there was going to be when I made this poll but it is all but decided now. We've had too many delays, at this point 5.1 would be out a week or 2 at best before 6.0. It's best to just focus on 6.0 to make sure it gets here on time. I've made a lot of progress on it already, and let me tell you its awesome.

Does this mean no reset on Friday ?

Game
10-09-2017, 08:02 AM
Does this mean no reset on Friday ?

No, this thread is over a month old :) Friday is still the set date.

SHAMANdur
10-09-2017, 10:14 AM
Oh sorry, didnt see the date. Looking forward to it, hype !