PDA

View Full Version : anyone still play ?

Dev
03-08-2021, 08:59 PM
anybody still play or is this server dead?

Savior
03-09-2021, 06:31 AM
Unfortunately it seems to be quite dead, and didn't have to be, but history repeats itself with private servers. Good things always get ruined, because people try to improve on something that's already very well built, like Legacy was. It's always smart to keep building and adding new content, but I've realized after years of playing D2 Mods, that servers die because the wrong changes are made. This server could've avoided dying and could easily be revived, with something as simple as a ladder reset, and if Legacy was brought back in time, to before a few of the updates that drastically changed it from what made it so popular. I do think it always needed some love to make it even better than it was, but at some point the focus started getting placed in so many of the wrong areas. And me saying that is obviously far less of my own opinion, and sadly far closer to the ugly truth, for some reason this server has been dead for what feels like forever now, and I think it would be an easy fix to get it back up and running. I do believe that changing some of the main things that made diablo 2 what it originally was, is when this server started to go down the wrong path. Sticking to what made Diablo 2 fun is what will keep it fun, runs after runs where the server is healthy and active, drop rates that are fair, but don't make you want to pull out your hair, and enemies/bosses that don't have ridiculous resistances/attacks or are impossible to kill or get to. A lot of this could've been balanced so much better, I mean hell, this game is still played to this day on vanilla servers. So if only people would stop making the wrong decisions, this server could've been alive and well, probabnly making tons of money most likely, but for some reason hasn't been. For god knows whatever reason... to wait forever for this new patch apparently that as far as I can tell, nobody asked for, nobody wants or wanted. And it was hyped up and will never even reach the height of popularity that Annihilus once had most likely, even with the graphic and gameplay changes, nobody truly cares about those things at the end of the day.... anyways.....as always.... my 2 cents.

Game
03-17-2021, 09:49 PM
Unfortunately it seems to be quite dead, and didn't have to be, but history repeats itself with private servers. Good things always get ruined, because people try to improve on something that's already very well built, like Legacy was. It's always smart to keep building and adding new content, but I've realized after years of playing D2 Mods, that servers die because the wrong changes are made. This server could've avoided dying and could easily be revived, with something as simple as a ladder reset, and if Legacy was brought back in time, to before a few of the updates that drastically changed it from what made it so popular. I do think it always needed some love to make it even better than it was, but at some point the focus started getting placed in so many of the wrong areas. And me saying that is obviously far less of my own opinion, and sadly far closer to the ugly truth, for some reason this server has been dead for what feels like forever now, and I think it would be an easy fix to get it back up and running. I do believe that changing some of the main things that made diablo 2 what it originally was, is when this server started to go down the wrong path. Sticking to what made Diablo 2 fun is what will keep it fun, runs after runs where the server is healthy and active, drop rates that are fair, but don't make you want to pull out your hair, and enemies/bosses that don't have ridiculous resistances/attacks or are impossible to kill or get to. A lot of this could've been balanced so much better, I mean hell, this game is still played to this day on vanilla servers. So if only people would stop making the wrong decisions, this server could've been alive and well, probabnly making tons of money most likely, but for some reason hasn't been. For god knows whatever reason... to wait forever for this new patch apparently that as far as I can tell, nobody asked for, nobody wants or wanted. And it was hyped up and will never even reach the height of popularity that Annihilus once had most likely, even with the graphic and gameplay changes, nobody truly cares about those things at the end of the day.... anyways.....as always.... my 2 cents.

Quoting this to look back on in the future :)

Dax
03-21-2021, 07:45 PM
Yes people still play, but not much waiting the next update.
Also, there is a ladder reset on legacy on next friday. This will be nice to play on this.
all in all, just go on the server's discord and chat with people there, it is way more active than this forum.

Cheers!