PDA

View Full Version : PvP Rooms!!

SaintSlavut
01-06-2015, 09:24 PM
FIRST AND FOREMOST, I would like to thank the entire Annihilus team for developing this badass server. I think this will be a very popular server overtime. The 64 max player concept can transform the game into something really freaking awesome and fun beyond anything the original Diablo II was capable of doing. The ability to dye your gear also puts the game on a whole other level.

With that said, I have a couple cool ideas that might interest the players of Annihilus, though I'm not sure how much of this stuff is possible within the core system.

The first idea which I will discuss here is: PvP Rooms.

When the server grows and there are public games with 10+ players, I think this will be a popular mechanic that people will enjoy.

The concept: Spawn an NPC in Town that can...

Create Public PvP room. Players can create a room from a list of maps to choose from.
Create Private PvP room. Same as Public rooms except they will require a password to enter.
Tournament Rewards (if applicable). Enable an option to receive/choose prizes.

Rooms that are already created will be visible to all players when talking to the NPC, with the name of the map and the number of players in the room. (ex: Public PvP Room - Duriel's Lair - [3] /-or-/ Private PvP Room - Catacombs Level 4 - [7])

NPC will ask if you want to enable Tournament Mode.
- With Tournament Mode enabled, the NPC will ask how many deaths until a player is removed from the Tournament and no longer allowed in the room.

NPC will ask if you want to enable Character Level Restriction. (ex: Only Lvl 10 characters, or characters ranging from Lvl 80-90)

NPC will ask if you want to enable Character Class Restriction. (ex: Room is Amazons only, or room excludes Necromancers)

The idea is having an open game with a ton of players. If some people want to have a private duel, while still in the same game with all those players, they can.

This will nullify the need to make private games to keep random people out of duels. Let's utilize the epicly enhanced players-per-game mechanic, people!

The list of maps to choose from can be cool duplicated maps like Uber maps or Boss maps. A Duriel's Lair PvP map sounds fun right? Or how about Chaos Sanctuary without having to walk there?

This will eliminate random PKers as opposed to open world where it's a free for all.

Of course, Hostility in the open world is always an option, so players can slaughter each other freely where ever if they desire.

Team PvP matches and Tournaments can be easily managed in a largely populated game, allowing spectators to watch and keep randos from interfering.

You can choose what classes are allowed in the room. Want to exclude Paladins because they are annoying? Want a massive Barbarian only brawl? There's an option for that.

Like I said, I have no idea if this stuff is even possible. I hope so. I think it would be a fun feature that would intrigue and attract Diablo II players. Feel free to add ideas, suggest alternative ideas, give criticism. This concept doesn't need to be exactly how I described. Just throwing out ideas! Thanks for reading! :cool:

FromTheRez
01-06-2015, 09:32 PM
This wouldn't be viable via NPC, although there could be trap doors- etc leading to different arenas.

Bring back Uber Trist for LLD IMO!

IO_OI
01-06-2015, 09:32 PM
FIRST AND FOREMOST, I would like to thank the entire Annihilus team for developing this badass server. I think this will be a very popular server overtime. The 64 max player concept can transform the game into something really freaking awesome and fun beyond anything the original Diablo II was capable of doing. The ability to dye your gear also puts the game on a whole other level.

With that said, I have a couple cool ideas that might interest the players of Annihilus, though I'm not sure how much of this stuff is possible within the core system.

The first idea which I will discuss here is: PvP Rooms.

When the server grows and there are public games with 10+ players, I think this will be a popular mechanic that people will enjoy.

The concept: Spawn an NPC in Town that can...

The idea is having an open game with a ton of players. If some people want to have a private duel, while still in the same game with all those players, they can.

This will nullify the need to make private games to keep random people out of duels. Let's utilize the epicly enhanced players-per-game mechanic, people!

The list of maps to choose from can be cool duplicated maps like Uber maps or Boss maps. A Duriel's Lair PvP map sounds fun right? Or how about Chaos Sanctuary without having to walk there?

This will eliminate random PKers as opposed to open world where it's a free for all.

Of course, Hostility in the open world is always an option, so players can slaughter each other freely where ever if they desire.

Team PvP matches and Tournaments can be easily managed in a largely populated game, allowing spectators to watch and keep randos from interfering.

You can choose what classes are allowed in the room. Want to exclude Paladins because they are annoying? Want a massive Barbarian only brawl? There's an option for that.

Like I said, I have no idea if this stuff is even possible. I hope so. I think it would be a fun feature that would intrigue and attract Diablo II players. Feel free to add ideas, suggest alternative ideas, give criticism. This concept doesn't need to be exactly how I described. Just throwing out ideas! Thanks for reading! :cool:

I think this would be a very nice feature, I would definitely vote "Yes" if a feature such as this was possible. A very innovative idea to have some advanced PvP wars for sure. Cheers! :D

SaintSlavut
01-06-2015, 09:39 PM
This wouldn't be viable via NPC, although there could be trap doors- etc leading to different arenas.

Bring back Uber Trist for LLD IMO!

I was afraid this would be a problem lol. I was thinking since you can travel to Act 2 and Act 3 from an NPC, maybe you could code an NPC to send you to PvP maps.

FromTheRez
01-06-2015, 09:50 PM
I was afraid this would be a problem lol. I was thinking since you can travel to Act 2 and Act 3 from an NPC, maybe you could code an NPC to send you to PvP maps.

This I believe would be possible, however you would not be able to password protect the areas. Class limitation would also be an issue

SaintSlavut
01-06-2015, 10:35 PM
This I believe would be possible, however you would not be able to password protect the areas. Class limitation would also be an issue

Hmm. Maybe there is another way to keep rooms private.

Game
01-09-2015, 02:17 PM
Very unique and interesting suggestion! Also very, very hard. I originally started modding with PvP servers before going to a standard server like this one, and we were well on our way to some awesome automated pvp gametypes in game, but the coding fort his game makes it very hard to get everything to work how you want it. Once we've got a few more members and theres an interest shown in some PvP features, we will definitely be throwing in as many as we can, although locking classes out of certain maps is pretty much impossible :(. The spectator mode and 64 players was indeed originally created for PvP purposes, so I would love to utilize them as much as possible in the future :)