PDA

View Full Version : Connection Interrupted Problems and Compensation

Game
01-07-2015, 11:33 PM
Hey guys, this week so far has been kinda rough on us. I want to keep everyone in the loop, whether its for better or worse, so here is what has been going on! We were having some connection issues while in-game and it was a bit tricky to figure out, it turns out (from what we can tell, fingers crossed) that it was a very specific feature in our patch that didn't get along with the Operating System we were running, so thanks to you guys and everyone who helps out the server by buying Gold, I was able to buy another license for a different Operating System easily, and I spent most of the day getting the new Operating System installed and getting all of our data moved back onto the server, which is why everything was down today, including the website.

We are back online now with our new OS, and it seems the issue has been resolved! That isn't saying we won't possibly have a random drop every few days or so due to other unrelated reasons, because we very likely will. The software to host a Diablo 2 Server is quite old, and will have a hiccup now and again, but that is much better than losing connection every 2-3 minutes! We work as hard as we can to make the drops and downtime as minimal as possible!

I know a lot of you probably got extremely frustrated with the issue we were having, and trust me I was right there with you. I truly appreciate each and every one of you who stuck around and made it through this frustrating experience, and I want to show my thanks. I will be giving 500 Gold Compensation to everyone, you can obtain it by clicking here. (http://annihilus.net/credits.php?code=YQ38QHXU) This compensation is available to any user, and will be active until January 15th, 2015.

Thanks again to everyone who hung in there with us through this, please let your friends know we're back online and hopefully for good! I will do my best to consistently put out patches to continue to improve the gameplay experience for all of you, and to fix any future bugs we may run into. I am also going to be implementing Twitch directly into the website, to promote our awesome streamers.

Patch 1.03 coming soon!

Once again, you can obtain your Gold compensation here, (http://annihilus.net/credits.php?code=YQ38QHXU) and it will be active until January 15th 2015.

paintball234
01-07-2015, 11:36 PM
thxs for working so hard

IO_OI
01-07-2015, 11:39 PM
Glad to have such dedication around, thx!

Diagold
01-07-2015, 11:45 PM
man must be frustrating for u, it will be great when the game runs smoothly. Just keep at it for us d2 addicts we need our fix.

have a listen, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUTXb-ga1fo

Dante
01-08-2015, 07:14 AM
Wow a bigger issue then I thought it was. But I know you are gonna fix it eventually :)

Great work, it was a bit frustrating but I'm sure it was way more frustrating for you and we couldn't really help a lot.
Let's hope we are spared for these hiccups for a bit now so we can enjoy our obsession :P.

In the end it was quite a quick fix, considering so many other servers struggling with their stuff for very long time.
Awesome work, keep it up :). The gold is nice but I would have stayed without compensation too, thanks for that though!

sine25
01-08-2015, 01:15 PM
i love you game!

FromTheRez
01-08-2015, 03:24 PM
in Vav we trust!

IO_OI
01-08-2015, 05:42 PM
in Vav we trust!

^

WekizZ
01-11-2015, 11:21 AM
Guys your the best! and thank you for 500 gold coins!