PDA

View Full Version : best pvm character

Eastside
01-15-2015, 06:56 AM
Hello guys, i'm ready to share quick Necromancer guide with some possible variations depending on your playstyle.
1. Skills: you can choose from 3options, the safest would be summoner necro
skills needed: 20 raise skeleton, 20skeleton mastery, 1 in each golem, 1golem mastery, 1 summon resists, 1 teeth, 20 CORPSE EXPLOSION(this is most important skill for pvm necro), 1 bone armor, 1bone wall, 1amplify damage, 1weaken, 1terror and 1 decrepify(best curse to kill baal, because its stops him from teleporting), rest skills goes into golem mastery.

2. Equipment and Inventory: Shako with ber, enigma(bp or mp), spiderweb (tgods for hbaaling because you need max light rez to tank souls), hoto, homonculus with um, tranguls set gloves, for boots you may go for marrowalks/wartravellers (mf)or even hotspurs to have max fire rez. Rings: raven +soj/bk (dont use natures ring because you will not have bodies to summon your skeletons). Ammy: maras (dont use that new one with skills and rez aura, same effect as natures=cant summon). On switch cta+lidless.

Inventory: necro torch, anni, 4-5 p&b skillers preferably with fhr/hp mods (why p&bs and not summon sk? To increase your corpse explosion radius) and some nice scs such as 15/70 or hp+light/fire rez.

Stats: zero strenght, dexterity - enought to achieve 75% block with gear, rest vitality

Mercenary and golem: best option nightmare act2 offensive merc with eth obedience rw weapon (this is cheap but decent option, ofc you can use eth botd), eth fortitude rw armor and probably gaze helm with 15ias jewel (andariels helm will annoy you with that lower rez proc)
Golem: make insight runeword, drop it on a ground and summon iron golem from it. Good thing is that you will not need to resummon your golem every game only then it dies (prepair some insight rws:))

Gameplay: your mercenary is best friend for this build, tele from town, bo, use amplify curse on mobs, wait till first kill and bomb them all with courpse explosion, summon skeletons. Make sure monsters are cursed with amplify damage before corpse explosion. Also use bone wall a lot, it helps to make huge crowds of minnions even thought i heard that bone wall is bugged in this patch and not working as it normally should :/
Overall this is the best build from my experience for fastest cows and solo exping areas such as chaos, worldstone. Try it :) good luck and have fun

Elk
01-15-2015, 07:46 AM
I suggest putting points in revive aswell, as revived monster will increase your damage output BY FAR better than skeletons, you can even revive the monsters from 30 player games and they will do insane damage + insane HP

Eastside
01-15-2015, 08:06 AM
Thx for suggestion but revive is necessary only if you planning to do ubers with sum necro, overall its not really needed 1. Saves time 2. With revive sometimes you get situations that your skeletons not able to do damage because revives are in front. But it might be helpful for killing bosses such as diablo or baal where you cant use corpse explosion, just tele on their head. I'll transfer it to variations depending your playstyle. Cheers

SaintSlavut
01-15-2015, 04:20 PM
Is pumping dex until 75% block then rest in vit a good idea for all classes? Cause I was told pumping straight vit is the best way to go.

Eastside
01-15-2015, 04:33 PM
Depends what shield you are using, for example if its monarch spirit = no point to make 75% block. But in most cases thats the way. For example why sacred targe shield for pally spirit is so good, because it has best base block and you no need a lot of dex to achieve 75block with holy shield

IO_OI
01-15-2015, 04:37 PM
Is pumping dex until 75% block then rest in vit a good idea for all classes? Cause I was told pumping straight vit is the best way to go.

I suppose it depends on your play-style as well as shield you wield. Whether or not you are going to be up close and hit by melee enemies or playing Hardcore mode. If you're just going to be dueling other casters than I would go Full Vita in your build.

In my personal opinion I choose to have max block % on all my characters to take on the melee damage regardless of class as well playing Hardcore mode.

SaintSlavut
01-15-2015, 08:29 PM
Thanks guys :cool: