PDA

View Full Version : Various suggestions

Cinetic
03-30-2015, 12:04 PM
Hi everyone ! I'm glad to be here, i discovered this server very recently and it looks promising :) So here are few suggestions, i don't know if they are all reasonably feasible but i find them interesting.

I. Quality of life & others things
1/ A transfer stash tab (already suggested i think)
2/ Instanced/Reserved loot or at least for gold
3/ The ability to whisp someone just by clicking on its name
4/ Making an auto-Gold pick up
5/ The ability to hire more than one mercenary, but restricted to 1 per type (maybe a debuff can occur beyond one)
6/ The possibility to open the cow level even if the king has been killed
7/ A guaranteed unique dropped for each boss killed the first time in each mode (preferably which concern the class you are playing with, you don't want an axe when you are a witch :p)
8/ Having the list of the runewords possible in game (with a picture of each one if possible), also for the rune's combinations.
9/ Having an option for the maps to be "regenerated" after a while, in the panel of creation

II. In term of content
1/ For trading : To avoid an "Auction House", a simple dedicated interface with two tabs : Offer / Need where people can make a description for what they are looking for (preferably with criterias and categories).

2/ This is for later but i was thinking about a specific elite act, kind of a 6th Act or whatever, where there could be a compilation of some elite dungeons (for instance the act 1 countess tower remastered with a really hard difficulty but with good rewards for those who finish it) and also various areas like the Rogue encampent in fire with a Uber Blood Raven hanging around, etc...

3/ Making some random simple quests given by NPC that you meet randomly outside : Kill X mobs in a determined time, he suddently transforms into a ugly strong monster, ....

4/ In the same spirit as the 3/ with "dynamic things" : creating some randomly red portals in the world with a small dungeon within each and a rewarding chest at the end, preferably themed as the current act.

5/ Insering Diablo's 1 Maps and quests :D (Dreaming is possible yes :p)

6/ Making some events such as increased MF for X hours, same for gold, Set drop, speed boost, etc...

III. Balance
1/ I find the dyes pretty expensives for what they are, basically it is something you want to enjoy while playing during the entire game, and currently you can't get this luxury for 500 gold/dye. I would recommend to drastically decrease the price.

IV. Atmosphere
1/ Maybe would it be possible to "adapt" the angel to each act's theme : for instance in Act1 i'll prefer to see Warriv or Kashya selling things rather than an angelic guy which is mysterious even in its original act lol :p. In Act 2 it could be Meshif or a civil's skin, ... Or simply a more discrete skin coherent with each act.
2/ I would like to see more dynamic weather : a longer period of rain, then some fog in act1, some dust flying in act2 with small tornados making their way, some thunder in act 3, ... But it is probably unrealistic.
3/ Insert some secrets easter eggs from D1 & D3, and why not another secret level ? (little bears are forbidden) :p
4/ About the mainscreen honestly even if the current wallpaper is good, i prefer the classic D2's one which is more adequate to the atmosphere of the game (Darker), and also because the current one is not too coherent with the story (we don't see heaven's in D2), i find these pretty nice :
Example 1 -->http://www.freewallsource.com/diablo-2-wallpaper-3969.html (Really nice one)
Example 2 --> http://www.wallpaperhi.com/thumbnails/detail/20120710/video%20games%20rain%20fantasy%20art%20artwork%20t era%20online%201920x1080%20wallpaper_www.wallpaper hi.com_45.jpg

I will keep this thread updated with more ideas

By the way the 64 players/game and spectator mode are awesome features, i really hope this server will get some success to enjoy it as it should be, Keep up the good work ! :)

Game
03-30-2015, 12:23 PM
Very nice post! I am at work so I do not have time to go over thoroughly, but I will reply with a full response when I get off. Welcome to Annihilus :)

acyroma
03-30-2015, 03:19 PM
QUALITY OF LIFE
1. Stash transfer tab would be awesome, but I believe it is very hard to do on anything but single player.
2. Instanced loot would be really cool. I'll let game respond about if this is possible because I'm not sure.
3. Would also be very helpful. Not sure how possible it is.
4. It is not possible to pick up gold anyways so this is not necessary. If you have any questions about the gold system just let me know.
5. Multiple mercenaries would be very interesting, but could lead to some pretty heavy clutter on screen in games with lots of players.
6. There is no cow king! So you never have to worry about killing him! Already done this suggestion :)
7. Drop rates have been buffed, I'm not too sure how necessary this is. Good idea however.
8. There is a list of all the edited/new runewords in the wiki (http://annihilus.net/wiki_index.php). Check arreat summit for the rest of them, they're the same.
9. I'm not quite sure what you mean... kind of like new instanced areas in path of exile?

CONTENT
1) For trading, i really like using the forums, or just making a trade game. This would take a lot of work to make functional, but it is quite interesting.
2) We already have this, called inferno, the red portals in act 5 have been revamped with much harder enemies and better drops.
3) Bounties from diablo 3 would be interesting for sure.
4) Already have this in act 5, adding some to the other acts is a good idea.
5) I do quite miss diablo 1....

BALANCE
1) The dyes are purely aesthetic, it's meant to make your character look "special", rather than have every person running around with a green sigon set for example. If the price is lowered too much then it makes it kind of pointless in my opinion.

ATMOSPHERE
1. I don't see much of a point to doing this personally. Act 1 is the place where people generally meet in, if they're not doing content in another area. It's very easy to move acts anyways so this seems unnecessary to me personally.
2. Graphical changes to diablo 2's weather are likely impossible.
3. Easter eggs are a cool idea for sure.
4. Out of those 2 i prefer the 2nd one, however I also like the one we currently have.

Seems like a lot of your ideas come from diablo 3.

Lampogriz
03-31-2015, 01:37 AM
My little suggestions: <br />
In diablo I, many unique monsters have modified attack type, for example: <br />
<br />
Blightfire, unique Fire Clan Archer, fires blood stars instead of arrows <br />
Foulwing, unique...

Game
03-31-2015, 10:57 AM
snip

Alrighty! I will start my first batch of responses!

1/ Not possible on a server unfortunately :( Well it may be possible but the amount of edits / work is just unheard of.
2/ The diablo client isn't even close to being set up for this, the looting system itself would have to be built from the ground up. It's an extremely awesome idea but it is just too far out of reach, it would take me well over a year to get something like this done ;(
3/ Hmm... would be convenient, but the way the message log works in diablo it is more or less just a notepad, it would be hard making it detect a click.
4/ I think you missed the FAQ, Gold is not obtainable in-game anymore :) We have a completely new Gold System, obtainable by various means on the website.
5/ I don't know enough off the top of my head to answer this one right away, I would have to look into it
6/ No king, no worries!
7/ This relates to the loot system I referred to in #2, it isn't made to be able to detect something like this. I can increase drops the first time you complete a quest but it's still random, it wouldn't detect class. Would be neat though!
8/ Having a list in-game is tricky, I think the Wiki we just setup on the website is much more convenient and easier to navigate overall. Definitely check the Wiki out!
9/ Another one that is a little impossible on a server :( Definitely not a problem on single player but in a server environment it makes things a lot trickier

Sorry I know its a lot of negative answers :( But with the time I have for development and me being the sole developer it kind of puts a limit on things, although some of those I just don't think they're possible at all, we have to remember Diablo II is a very dated client, I am surprised we've got as far as we have with it!

I am extremely thrilled I have so many people who have so many suggestions to improve our server, I am so thankful you guys have such an interest in our server. I have to go to work now :(, but I will be up all night tonight finishing up our next patch and I will finish responding to the rest of your suggestions!

Cinetic
04-02-2015, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the replies @acyromas and @Game!

For the I.2 wouldn't it be possible to make "just" a reserved loot like in POE where the good loot (Rare, unique, ...) is automatically reserved to someone in the team ? Rather than making a full instanced-too complex system.

For the mercenaries it would be just amazing and i know people that would be interested for a such feature :)

For the list of runewords/recipes i was thinking about an integrated solution to avoid the constant switch to website which often kill the rythm of the gameplay, and sometime you just want to know what you can do with these few runes you have :p

Well this game just needs some news graphics and some minor improvements and that's all, it's crazy how nobody has managed to get a product at least comparable with it in 15 years.

However thanks for the efforts you put into this server ! There are still some demand for this great game :)