PDA

View Full Version : Runtime error 58

Noovo
04-01-2015, 06:00 PM
i get this error when i try to uncheck the full screen option on the client

Game
04-02-2015, 01:06 PM
i get this error when i try to uncheck the full screen option on the client

Click re-update on the launcher, and let it re-install everything, should fix it!

Noovo
04-02-2015, 02:32 PM
when i click reupdate it says unable to download file. im not sure if this has anything to do with it but even though my user is the administrator i still launch programs as if im not.

Game
04-02-2015, 03:36 PM
when i click reupdate it says unable to download file. im not sure if this has anything to do with it but even though my user is the administrator i still launch programs as if im not.

That doesn't sound good at all. Try right-clicking and click Run as Administrator then.

Killmass
04-04-2015, 04:33 AM
I get the same thing since the new patch when I try to enable full screen. I have redownloaded the patch manually and completely reinstalled annihilus and still get the error.

"Run-time error '58':
File already exists"

Game
04-04-2015, 06:21 AM
I get the same thing since the new patch when I try to enable full screen. I have redownloaded the patch manually and completely reinstalled annihilus and still get the error.

"Run-time error '58':
File already exists"

Your launcher's arent being ran as administrator. It has to re-name D2Ex2.dll files and it seems like it isn't being allowed to do so.

Killmass
04-04-2015, 07:29 AM
It is being run as administrator, that's the very first thing I tried.

Edit: figured out the problem, after update my folder had BOTH d2ex2windowed.dll and d2ex2full.dll, I moved one of them out of the folder and it now works properly.