PDA

View Full Version : All items drop able

Dante
04-22-2015, 04:00 AM
I think it would be nice to have all items drop able that exist.

Talking about dyes, key, ALL chests, all scrolls and all the other stuff.
This could be a really small chance maybe as likely as the highest end rune or even less, but I think this would give running and killing monsters some value, rather than being forced to wait for the gold or buy.

Maybe this could be coupled with players ingame not connecting with the same key, so it would encourage public games or runs, instead of solo mfing. Maybe even limit these useful drops for public games like that.
Bringing the dia / baal runs back, with higher participation and not counting spectating chars idk...

I know this is controversial and I'd accept thIe argument you want it for server donations and to keep the server running, or maybe keeping something for your work too which is also fair.
Just a suggestion :)

Mephisto
04-22-2015, 04:03 AM
It would be really nice ye, but its not gonna happen, its how Game, receives some cash, to maintain the server :]

Game
04-22-2015, 10:41 AM
Sorry, this unfortunately won't happen. There has to be some novelty to Gold for a variety of reasons. Almost everything at the Gold Vendor is droppable, aside from a few convenience / cosmetic things. I don't see why we'd ever make this change :( you're spoiled as it is! Wait for next patch, you'll have even more to do :)

Dante
04-22-2015, 11:18 AM
Yes I fully understand the decision about the gold. I just thought it would give the the server a more roundup look and erase the negative feeling of the "pay to win" mindset, which is not as bad anyways. All good as it is. I just don't like the Inferno chest key as a vendor only item, cause it's a contradiction to "only convenience and cosmetics". As part of a content feature this should be separated from gold vendor in my opinion.
If you however, need it as a gold sink, I think it's a OK decision. I don't know about the gold purchase frequency here.

When I rethink it however, the public game bonus for playing games together could still be implemented or encouraged by other means. And this would boost the fun on this server by a lot.

Game
04-22-2015, 12:03 PM
Yes I fully understand the decision about the gold. I just thought it would give the the server a more roundup look and erase the negative feeling of the "pay to win" mindset, which is not as bad anyways. All good as it is. I just don't like the Inferno chest key as a vendor only item, cause it's a contradiction to "only convenience and cosmetics". As part of a content feature this should be separated from gold vendor in my opinion.
If you however, need it as a gold sink, I think it's a OK decision. I don't know about the gold purchase frequency here.

When I rethink it however, the public game bonus for playing games together could still be implemented or encouraged by other means. And this would boost the fun on this server by a lot.

I do not think anything is pay to win as you can easily obtain any actual power-based items at the Gold Vendor by just playing the game. The keys are extremely inexpensive... and it is just to give players something easy access to to spend their gold on to not only make voting for gold worth it but also dealing with the difficulty inferno areas without having to save up weeks just to buy 1 thing. You are completely forgetting players get 60 Gold per day just for taking 30 seconds to vote, and not only that but they get 100 Gold each time they bring a new player. It is not by any means pay to win, that is like saying League of Legends is pay to win because you can either play everyday and buy champions or you can just spend money and get them a little sooner. I agree playing together is a good thing though, which is why we are putting in more and more areas which will require teamwork to clear.

Dante
04-22-2015, 12:58 PM
Ya all good Alex, I don't think it's pay to win. Don't get me wrong lol, it was just a suggestion and my opinion cause I don't know about your plans of adding new content to the gold vendor as well.

I am not completely forgetting the gold for bringing new players or voting. That's why I said it is not as bad, in fact it is really good like it is.
I think the Infernal Key is debatable, I see reason for both decisions. At the end it's your decision, if I can only show your my opinion about certain items and features from player perspective and give you little impressions, I'm happy with that.

If it were pay to win I wouldn't play at all btw ;)

Game
04-22-2015, 02:45 PM
Ya all good Alex, I don't think it's pay to win. Don't get me wrong lol, it was just a suggestion and my opinion cause I don't know about your plans of adding new content to the gold vendor as well.

I am not completely forgetting the gold for bringing new players or voting. That's why I said it is not as bad, in fact it is really good like it is.
I think the Infernal Key is debatable, I see reason for both decisions. At the end it's your decision, if I can only show your my opinion about certain items and features from player perspective and give you little impressions, I'm happy with that.

If it were pay to win I wouldn't play at all btw ;)

Haha, glad you agree! The key is vital to give something a little exclusive to the Gold Vendor to really push people voting and trying to bring more players, or support the server in other ways by buying it. That's what the Gold is all about, supporting the server whether its paying to keep it up and let us keep upgrading ,or by bringing new players / advertising with voting. But at the same time, the key isn't something that will put you at a disadvantage if you don't buy it, thats the beauty of it!