PDA

View Full Version : Hirelings.

Destroybro
04-23-2015, 10:04 PM
Ho hai its Saen..Sean again.

Its been somes days that im gathering somes ideas to makes somes act hirelings less useless.

An idea have come in ma mind earlier, i dont know what is the plans of the dev but i'll still throw my ideas. (if a plan is on his mind)

Dunno what you think of the hirelings but imo, im tired to see everyones with the same hireling (act 2) so i was thinking about a way to maybe bring back to life the others ones.

First, why everyones are using the act 2 merc?.. The aura you're right, everyones seems to be obsessed by this and they are right, the aura an act 2 merc can have are really helpfull (Defiance,Holy freeze and im not talking about the RW auras you can get)...

So, how can we make the others hirelings more effective?

I think the main reason nobody are using the others hirelings is because they are not usefull, well... They are but only if you have the correct stuff for them things you may not have at the beginning.

-Maybe we can use those others hirelings as ''helpers'' for the newcomers? (ho hai!)

-Or maybe use them for different kind of class?

I maybe have the solution for this problem of overused merc.

Adding for each hirelings (except act 2) a new spell that can help the newcomers AND the more advanced players that dont want the act 2 merc.

Act 1 merc can have the Blessed Aim aura (maybe lvl 5 or 10). YES I KNOW act 2 merc already have this aura but if you have a better idea feel free to tell it! :)

Act 3 merc can have the Amplify Damage curse. (not too high level or it can be really op maybe between lvl 1-5)

And finally, act 5 merc can cast one of the three warcry buffers (bo,shout or bc) of course, the warcry will need to be at a lower level than CTA (maybe lvl between 4 and 8)

Let me explain how these mods will be good for the players. **Feel free to say it if you think i am wrong on somes points but these points are based on my own opinion**

Act 1 merc with Blessed Aim aura: It can help somes Amazons that need a lil' more AR or anyones that need a supporting fire.

Act 3 merc with Amplify Damage: This one i think it will be for some more advanced physical players that just need somes extra damages and a supporting fire.

Act 5 merc with Warcries: This one i think every new players will have the same opinion as me and the reason is pretty simple, having a CTA may be easy for somes players but for others that doesnt have a bunch or stuff to trade or a good hell farming char it may be tought to get one, the act 5 merc will gives them (without removing the need of a CTA) a little more comfort for farming in hell. So having this merc will help you by buffing you + helping you at melee.

And for finishing this section, I think that with these new mods the players will be more attentive with which hireling the other players have in the party and they will cooperate for having the best optimised hireling team. (I HOPE SO!)

And for the last word, maybe adding a set for each hireling can be a nice idea too tell me if you wanna see the .txt i made for the sets (already made somes).

Sorry for the LOONG topic i tried to be the clearest as possible even if i am french and my english is sometimes not excellent. Feel free to correct me on any points that i told. :)

Dante
04-23-2015, 11:24 PM
http://annihilus.net/showthread.php?t=7473 check this out :)

Game
04-23-2015, 11:57 PM
Indeed we're looking to buff mercenaries somehow, you have a lot of great ideas, maybe you'll see a few in the next patch or the one after!

Destroybro
04-24-2015, 12:15 AM
http://annihilus.net/showthread.php?t=7473 check this out :)

I like the idea of the act 4 merc but sadly, i dont think its possible or maybe it is but it will need a shiet load of work :/.

For act 5 merc if casting warcries will be too op i've another idea for them: Lycant merc. It will boost their damages and it will looks badazz

Dante
04-24-2015, 03:30 AM
I like the idea of using "find item" for them too :)

Shishisenkou
04-24-2015, 08:36 AM
Act 4 mercs are possible but it requires a little bit of rewriting since only a few NPC's are specifically coded to handle hirelings. This changes of course once the necessary table is expanded.

Personally, I'd kill for Natalya to allow us to hire some Assassin's or something.