PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help a beginner out!

AndyMiami
05-06-2015, 02:15 AM
I just downloaded d2 and thought might as well play a private server since actual d2 would probably be dead. I made a cold sorc and quickly realized that it won't work since a lot of minions here have a lot of immune! Thus i'm deciding whether i should make a skeleton-necro or an amazon. This character will be strictly for PvM.

I have 0 items for any of the characters except maybe a ravenfrost that i found.
I am not rushed at all and i do not have any levels yet (cus the character is not created) If anyone can help that'd be great! Any items, any services, and any advice!

Thanks all.

Mephisto
05-06-2015, 03:20 AM
My advice is to run a blizz or fb sorc and kill Mephisto since he can be moat-glitched. easy kill, nice drops!

IcyJoe
05-06-2015, 07:46 AM
once server comes up mate i dont mind helping you rush a character and i should have some random stuff i can give ya too to help ya start out just add duffman to your friends list and hit me up when im online

AndyMiami
05-06-2015, 12:52 PM
Thanks a lot everyone!

SaintSlavut
05-06-2015, 06:38 PM
Melee chars do pretty well, especially if you can autocast amp damage. If that's the case then you can pretty much kill everything. Mephisto has the best advice for newbies, though. Farm Meph until you get decent gear.

AndyMiami
05-07-2015, 01:15 AM
Ok so im basically getting shrekt by all things.. i made a summoner necromancer but i dont noe where to mf any suggestions? i'm trying to find items for a smiter so i can do normal inferno lol

Game
05-07-2015, 01:38 AM
Ok so im basically getting shrekt by all things.. i made a summoner necromancer but i dont noe where to mf any suggestions? i'm trying to find items for a smiter so i can do normal inferno lol

Ouch, summoner necro is pretty gear reliant. I do not think I would start with one of those unless someone gave you a lot of free gear! I would try the pit though.. since you likely won't do well against bosses. As common as it is, best way to start is a sorcress doing meph! Meph has awesome drops.