PDA

View Full Version : Small patch ideas

Treason2012
05-07-2015, 08:18 AM
1) disable auto-centering of diablo when joining/creating games. This gets annoying for window mode (when I am watching movies at same time) or when I am doing fast runs/quest drop games involving multiple chars.

2) allow Act 5 NPC to socket arrows/bolt and throwables such as javelin

3) allow teleport in town and allow party members to be affected by BO/BC/Shout at town

4) larger damage ranges for charms/jewels (maybe upto 500). There are no uses for these in end game skills/gear which easily exceed 5k dmg

5) there is a bug involving NPC merchandise sale (I am looking at you, Anya). Some items are labeled as having 0 cost, but actually cost you 2 gold. Lost 6 gold this way QQ

6) allow +3jav +20ias glove to be sold by Hadriel

7) fixing lying character screen

8) maybe unnecessary, but allowing mfs from weapon switch to add to entire charater mf. Like 1/3 of mf from switchable gear is added. It can be hard to switch weps every time just before boss dies, also makes mf items more valuable.

Thanks for your continued support, Game and GMs/admins! Hope next major patch includes merc inventory so even poor people can benefit.

Mephisto
05-07-2015, 08:33 AM
We got flavies arrows now, they're good enough, if u want 3/20 gloves shop m @ anya, will cost 2 gold.

Game
05-07-2015, 08:44 AM
1) disable auto-centering of diablo when joining/creating games. This gets annoying for window mode (when I am watching movies at same time) or when I am doing fast runs/quest drop games involving multiple chars.

2) allow Act 5 NPC to socket arrows/bolt and throwables such as javelin

3) allow teleport in town and allow party members to be affected by BO/BC/Shout at town

4) larger damage ranges for charms/jewels (maybe upto 500). There are no uses for these in end game skills/gear which easily exceed 5k dmg

5) there is a bug involving NPC merchandise sale (I am looking at you, Anya). Some items are labeled as having 0 cost, but actually cost you 2 gold. Lost 6 gold this way QQ

6) allow +3jav +20ias glove to be sold by Hadriel

7) fixing lying character screen

8) maybe unnecessary, but allowing mfs from weapon switch to add to entire charater mf. Like 1/3 of mf from switchable gear is added. It can be hard to switch weps every time just before boss dies, also makes mf items more valuable.

Thanks for your continued support, Game and GMs/admins! Hope next major patch includes merc inventory so even poor people can benefit.

Hey there! Just a quick tip, in the FAQ theres a heads up some things may say 0 Gold but not to be fooled, all armors / weaps will cost 2 Gold from vendor :)

Some of these are possible, and some of them I have purposely avoided for certain reasons.

1) The auto centering thing is unfortunately a necessity, if I disable it the high res breaks d2 and puts lines all through it, hard to explain!

2) Not sure how I feel about this one. I think it bugs out when socketing things with quantity.

3) Allowing teleport in town has always been something to consider, we may or may not enable it. I will have to think why I didn't enable it already and get back to you. Shout / BO affecting others in town is unfortunately not possible without a lot of work due to the way towns are coded, it just isn't worth the time to make it work. Sorry :(

4) Charms / Jewels do so much already aside from damage that I do not think I am going to change that, although there is a new large charm coming in the next patch.

5) As mentioned above, it says in the FAQ this unfortunately is a known bug, and just to expect everything at vendors aside from what is listed on the FAQ costs 2 Gold :(

6) Sorry, Anya sells these for 2 Gold! Gotta work for it!

7) What do you mean here? I have no idea!

8) Also similar to shout / BO in town this is hardcoded this way, and the payout for making it work just isn't worth the time :(

Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming!

Mephisto
05-07-2015, 09:00 AM
He means for example: Grief damage doesnt show up the correct dmg ( Smite ) at ''a/c' Character screen :)

Game
05-07-2015, 09:58 AM
He means for example: Grief damage doesnt show up the correct dmg ( Smite ) at ''a/c' Character screen :)

Ah, I don't know if I can make that show or not. We'll see!

proph21
05-07-2015, 10:51 AM
Aside from the not being possible, I really like these ideas Treason, keep it up!

With regards to the Grief damage, it may be possible, but would require a bit of coding and algorithms so the character sheet knows the difference between sheet damage and grief damage and is able to convert + incorporate the grief damage into the sheet damage total

Shishisenkou
05-07-2015, 12:17 PM
Pretty much what Game said is all true. BO in town is not exactly feasible since towns are extremely hard-coded to disable missiles in town like that (Minus that weird bug with the Act 1 mercs killing people in town.. really don't understand how that works).

Also socketing quantity items does cause it to bug, like he said. These actually have been covered a lot on various D2 modding sites but there's just no feasible way around most of these nitpicks unless you completely rewrite most of the game engine ground up.

I do like the other ones a lot, though the teleport in/out of town I disagree with heavily. That could get really janky when it comes to town hugging type characters if dueling decides to pick up.

Game
05-07-2015, 01:37 PM
I also forgot to mention, I cannot add full inventory mercs until ladder reset, which likely will not be this year. If I were to add it now it would break existing characters, it has to be added a fresh start. Sorry! I will be adding other ways to buff up mercs in the mean time though.