PDA

View Full Version : Some things about the server(questions)

smoothgoal
05-16-2015, 04:33 AM
Hi guys, i'm interested to play in this server, but before that i need some info about it.

First and most important: how active are the servers - i see the server active from 9+ days, but its been launched at dec last year?!? Whats with that?
Second: Where are the servers physically located(in the world) and does it have internal lag, so far every other private server i tried has nasty lag that makes the game unplayable.
And lastly: do all skills/gear and the Ubers work properly?

Oh and any idea how to fix the "UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005)" - i simply unzipped the archive in my(otherwise fully working) diablo 2 folder? I run it under Win7 with desktop composition and "-w -nofixaspect" shotcut arguments. Tried with the installer, same thing.

Game
05-16-2015, 04:39 AM
Hey there! Welcome to Annihilus! I will answer your questions the best I can.

The uptime of 9+ days you are referring to on the front page is how long the server software has been running without restarting. Not Annihilus itself! If I were to reboot the server now, that would reset. As for the activity, we have a decent amount of players, higher than most Diablo 2 servers out there. We are advertising more and more, and have only been stable for about 1 month now, we had to deal with some pretty crazy attacks the first 4 months we were up. We also have a new content patch coming out soon, it should bring even more players as well.

The server is currently located in California. There is no real lag unless you're in another country, but we are already looking into secondary locations for our europe players.

All skills / gear / ubers work, and then some :) We have new uber content to go along with existing content.

It sounds like you are having the issue related to DEP. I will give you a link where I fixed the same issue for a user a while back: http://annihilus.net/showthread.php?t=7116

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! I will definitely get to them, if someone else doesn't beat me to them :)

smoothgoal
05-16-2015, 04:48 AM
Thank you for the extremely swift answer.

Unfortunately my DEP is already in essentials only, i also tried to completely turn off my antivirus and firewall, but still getting the error. Btw i'm running the game at 1.13c, if that matters in any way.

Edit: My bad, didnt notice the server requires 1.13d not 1.13c, probably thats the problem, will try to update my game.

Game
05-16-2015, 05:08 AM
No problem! If you installed the server properly it should have automatically put you onto 1.13d if you were on 1.13c already. It sounds like you aren't installing properly. Run the AnnihilusInstaller.exe from the Downloads tab at the top of the website and when it asks where to install be sure you point it to the diablo 2 folder you're running Annihilus from.

smoothgoal
05-16-2015, 05:27 AM
I'm not sure how you made your installer, but i was on 1.13c and with the installer i was getting the error. I manually installed update 1.13d and everything is fine now. Thanks for the help. :)

ludiboris
05-17-2015, 09:06 AM
i fixed my error by simply clickin the compatible version of the current operating system i was running when you right click the annihilus and go to properties