PDA

View Full Version : Gold lacks value

Crusade
05-20-2015, 05:56 PM
I've noticed outside of donating money for gold then using it to purchase high runes/boxes, it is near to worthless and not used in trades on the forum. I feel there must be some way to balance this out, as to actually give it some form of value. Possibly altering the rune prices within Hadriel, or simply removing them all together and allowing the purchase of items used in crafting, or adding things to add NV effects to items, for additional style etc. This may actually make people willing to place a gold based price on high runes outside of the shop prices. I haven't thought about this too much, but feel like there should be something done.

Forty
05-20-2015, 08:05 PM
Currently I don't have much gold but I can see what your saying, I would suggest maybe a base price for runes vex -zod and pul-gul a slightly lower price and anything under pul should be free since they are common. (Also very helpful for starting out players) hmm but for a gold sink maybe some type of gamble or perhaps a special portal requiring gold to enter

SaintSlavut
05-20-2015, 08:32 PM
You can buy anything with gold. There's always somebody willing to trade high end gear for the stuff Hadriel sells. The HRs alone make gold pretty high in value. Also the fact that gold is only obtainable from donating, voting or player referrals gives it significant value as well.

SacredBlood77
05-20-2015, 08:41 PM
Currently I don't have much gold but I can see what your saying, I would suggest maybe a base price for runes vex -zod and pul-gul a slightly lower price and anything under pul should be free since they are common. (Also very helpful for starting out players) hmm but for a gold sink maybe some type of gamble or perhaps a special portal requiring gold to enter

If you could get low runes for free you could just combine them and have infinite HRs, was a nice idea though, maybe if we got rid of rune combining it would work. But that's kind of an integral part of the game.

Forty
05-20-2015, 09:55 PM
Makes sense i would not like to see people abusing the runes making them worthless

Game
05-20-2015, 10:21 PM
Gold isn't tradeable so thats likely why you do not see it traded :) I agree with the players here that Gold Vendor items do indeed hold a lot of value already, and Gold is doing the job I designed it to do. BUT! I did not add anything to the Gold Vendor in our big 2.0 patch, so to make up for it in the upcoming 2.1 patch I have already added many things to the Gold Vendor, I do think you'll be pleased! ;)

getm
05-20-2015, 11:39 PM
one change that i would like to see, is low and mid tier runes price dropped. i mean its a bit rediculous how much the low runes cost. hr prices are ok but it costs $3 in gold for a lem rune as an example. i mean even Thul costs $1.

would be nice to just buy the lower tier runes you need from hadriel for a reasonable price to finish runewords, or this could also help some newer players get access to some cheaper runewords with voting gold

Game
05-20-2015, 11:55 PM
one change that i would like to see, is low and mid tier runes price dropped. i mean its a bit rediculous how much the low runes cost. hr prices are ok but it costs $3 in gold for a lem rune as an example. i mean even Thul costs $1.

would be nice to just buy the lower tier runes you need from hadriel for a reasonable price to finish runewords, or this could also help some newer players get access to some cheaper runewords with voting gold

The issue with this logic is you're ONLY looking at the buy gold prices, which is definitely not the only way to obtain gold. You get 100 per referral and 60 per day just for coming to the website and clicking 3 links. We cannot only look at the dollar price, as buying gold is mostly to support the server anyways, not strictly for the reward of the items. They are just a bonus.

nooV
05-21-2015, 12:21 AM
Gold is essential to the server and I really don't think it should be messed with at all.
Take previous pure dueling realms for example.. You got "tier" items for donating but what happens after everybody has some? The donations stop so the server suffers.
I think how it is now is perfect, it can be expensive to some but it's really a genius idea.
Runes are not needed and people can get along fine without them but you can get them from magic finding, voting, or donating if you want it to be extremely easy.
the only problem here is; is that a price has been put on them to help fund the server.
people have gotten used to high runes being so rampant on other realms, what if dupes were never available or bots were never made?
runes wouldn't be as easy to get.

most of the time when I trade I ask if they have gold for upgrade scrolls/orbs/color dyes
so to me gold holds an extremely high value but HRs are also the currency and more readily available so that's why HRs are asked for before gold.

Dante
05-21-2015, 01:17 AM
I like the concept how it is. Most of the prices are fair, as well as the way you can get gold.
Sure the low-mid rune prices are debatable, but this is a ambition to find them yourself and actually play the game.

It's also nice, that gold items can't offer you any actual advantage, just being helpful or cosmetic.
For currency, I always feel like you shouldn't count on HRs here too much, that's why I don't like to sell things for HRs.
Dices, orbs, dyes, scrolls are more of a currency atm, cause they have a constant value and can only be shopped at the gold vendor.

As for the gamble, you have the infernal chest (vendor) and the better version (inferno) + the gold sink key. They wont offer you anything vendor only though and this is good.
The infernal chest should be able to have the new or some of the new dreamland items though, cause right now we come to the point where Inferno is fun, but chests are pretty useless and the only left reason is to maybe get Frostmourne.

Besides, I don't want a 2nd d2jsp here :D, just check the trade forum, people actually have needlists and this is more of a long term motivation in my opinion.

getm
05-21-2015, 03:28 AM
The issue with this logic is you're ONLY looking at the buy gold prices, which is definitely not the only way to obtain gold. You get 100 per referral and 60 per day just for coming to the website and clicking 3 links. We cannot only look at the dollar price, as buying gold is mostly to support the server anyways, not strictly for the reward of the items. They are just a bonus.

im sure no one buys low runes anyway, they are easy to farm and its much more worth it to just save up for other items to spend gold on.
this could just be helpful for say someone who just starts, or purely for convenience since anything under Hel doesnt really have alot of value and imo defiantly not worth spending gold on.

i think everything else in the shop is priced fairly. im happy with how it is now because i got a mule with 3+ of every low rune but just a suggestion.