PDA

View Full Version : fix drops + more

nooV
05-28-2015, 04:03 AM
Change the drops back to what they were for new trist or up the drop rate.
It takes 10-15 mins or even longer to do inferno and for what? nothing at all that's what is guaranteed to drop. chipped gems and magics shouldn't be normal with how hard this area is.
I am not the only one who has a problem with this, if you nerf paladins AND leave the drop rate how it is, people will leave.
The new area isn't even worth doing and no fun at all. The reason for MF realms is to have fun, this is tedious and gets boring fast.

Also fix othuyeg or move him to an area where he can't get his drops glitched. If him dropping nothing at all is part of it.. let me ask why?
I figure it's because of the trees/rocks his drops get glitched off map or something but I'm not sure.

Drops getting nerfed seems to be a recurring pattern, people like the new items leave it how it is.
Letting a few people get the new items then changing them to be even harder to obtain is completely retarded.
The SAME people will get the new items and the SAME people get richer each and every patch, are you trying to keep old users around (what 10-15 regulars) or attract new users?
With how expensive it is to build a char to do the new trist and have it not even be worth it because of the drops is a stupid move.
I understand you want it to be hard and killing the new bosses is hard but the reward is minimum.
I've done so many runs in the past few weeks and I haven't found a single new item, half the drops is gems and the magics aren't even worth keeping.

Research
05-28-2015, 04:23 AM
one day you'll find that +2 summoning skills (Druid Only) amulet; i believe in you man
just keep at it; you'll get it eventually

nooV
05-28-2015, 04:24 AM
I am trying so hard man. <br />
that summon skills druid ammy with golem charges will be found.

Game
05-28-2015, 04:24 AM
It takes 10-15 mins or even longer to do inferno and for what? nothing at all that's what is guaranteed to drop. chipped gems and magics shouldn't be normal with how hard this area is.
I am not the only one who has a problem with this, if you nerf paladins AND leave the drop rate how it is, people will leave.
The new area isn't even worth doing and no fun at all. The reason for MF realms is to have fun, this is tedious and gets boring fast.

Also fix othuyeg or move him to an area where he can't get his drops glitched. If him dropping nothing at all is part of it.. let me ask why?
I figure it's because of the trees/rocks his drops get glitched off map or something but I'm not sure.

Drops getting nerfed seems to be a recurring pattern, people like the new items leave it how it is.
Letting a few people get the new items then changing them to be even harder to obtain is completely retarded.
The SAME people will get the new items and the SAME people get richer each and every patch, are you trying to keep old users around (what 10-15 regulars) or attract new users?
With how expensive it is to build a char to do the new trist and have it not even be worth it because of the drops is a stupid move.
I understand you want it to be hard and killing the new bosses is hard but the reward is minimum.
I've done so many runs in the past few weeks and I haven't found a single new item, half the drops is gems and the magics aren't even worth keeping.

Before getting too upset please wait for the new 2.1 patch, I hope to have it out this week.

nooV
05-28-2015, 04:28 AM
sure give me more things to complain about.
this is you're answer to everything "wait for new patch"
we've been waiting since 1.0.

Game
05-28-2015, 04:38 AM
sure give me more things to complain about.
this is you're answer to everything "wait for new patch"
we've been waiting since 1.0.

Complain all you want, I appreciate you playing here but nobody is holding a gun to your head to do so man. I work EXTREMELY hard on the patch for the server, and I do it completely by myself. It is a LONG and frustrating process to do alone but I do everything I can to make each patch better and better. 2.0 was honestly a little rushed because I let people who react like you pressure me into thinking I need it out ASAP. 2.1 is what 2.0 was meant to be, and I really believe the hard work put into it will show for itself.

proph21
05-28-2015, 05:08 AM

I love the fact that the new items in dreamlands have a low drop rate. They are insanely powerful items that create some game changing builds. It is meant to be tedious and require team work (there are teams and strategies that can clear the dreamlands level super quick), but players aren't required to complete this content. I'm sorry that they are dropping chips and magics for you, but their drop tables are same as if you were doing baal quest for the first time (I found seraphs hymn, mara's, and ik armor so far and I only did a few runs because I blow)

There is plenty of other end-game options for low and high-end players, which give plenty for people to do. I myself will do some dreamland runs, each taking 15 min, and that is only so I can kill the poison boss (only one I can solo). It is fun to do a few runs here and there, while finding other good items/runes to work towards building my characters so that they can become stronger and slowly be able to perform better against the dreamland bosses, inferno monsters, PvP, faster baal runs, and even cows.

Paladins won't be getting nerfed, they just won't be able to kb the bosses into a wall and perma stun lock them (was never intended). To compensate, the monsters will be getting nerfed to open up more team combinations, possibly even some more solo ways to clear the content.

baarthok
05-28-2015, 05:06 PM
It's D2 man that's what the game was about. I mean yeah sure i heard that inferno drops were better on he last patch before 2.0 and i missed that by a week and just started a new char on this server. grind stuff out trade as much as you can that's what made d2 fun, and yeah pvp just hang in there.

nonesovile
05-28-2015, 07:20 PM
It's D2 man that's what the game was about. I mean yeah sure i heard that inferno drops were better on he last patch before 2.0 and i missed that by a week and just started a new char on this server. grind stuff out trade as much as you can that's what made d2 fun, and yeah pvp just hang in there.

thing is no one trades, and if they do they want a stupid offer for something.

Dante
05-29-2015, 01:46 AM
I can relate to some of what you saying nooV.
I've done surely some 100+ Dreamland runs (doing 3/4 bosses solo, skip mappo), and I have found exactly 1 new item and that was the very first day it was out where the drop rates were still higher. It was the new small charm eyeball, nice but boring combined to the other stuff :D
It feels not very rewarding in the sense of new items, for me it's more like an alternative to the usual mf routes, cause they offer you quite decent items like torches, annis and basically everything.

Although it isn't rewarding in that sense, it is still fun to do and like a goal to be able to run it solo / with friends and optimize strategies around it, with the bonus of a chance of some really rare new item, that is indeed, as stated above, build changing. Not to talk about the new map and animations, which fit extremely well. Some flaws are OK for me, I don't expect it to be perfect.

That no one trades them is obvious right now, nobody is willing to do so much runs only to farm new items, that's not gonna work. It's a waste of time compared to other things you could farm or do.
You got to be happy with very rare drops and keep them for yourself right now.

The thing with Inferno is, it is not really special after you hit the endgame point. The only 2 things that are unique there are chests (which can't offer you new items sadly) and Frostmourne. So basically I'd run it only for Frostmourne, that's not much for such big content. I could imagine fixing the zone by adding the new Dreamland items to the infernal chest pool, that you find there (not the vendor one), so it makes sense to run it and kill all monsters besides Stitches. Also it would create a gold sink, since you still need to buy keys.

Alex, maybe instead of big patches every month, which are great and I love you for it, but you could still consider breaking things up in small patches and maybe two week cycles.
This way it would be easier to react to players wishes or feedback, give you the chance to test things( you can still remove them back after some time) and you wouldn't have to point to the new patch for fixes and make people wait.
People hate waiting and will more likely stop what they do and don't come back for the new patch if it takes such long times.

SacredBlood77
05-29-2015, 03:31 AM
I don't see the value in Inferno and Dream Lands at all, they take forever, and i'm not doing 20 runs to find a single useful item. I can't even get to Dream Lands half the time, i'm either really bad or it's actually hard. I don't mf for a challenge, I do it for drops. Hell I don't even play Diablo 2 for a challenge, I do it for the satisfaction of finding gear. Even if you make drops more common people will still have to farm for weeks to get an item with perfect stats, so I really don't see why you don't. Maybe the people with the best gear don't complain about this because they know they own the monopoly on doing these new areas effectively. Do you know how many people told me you could do Hell Inferno with an IK barb? One pack of phis immunes will slaughter you in 5 seconds.

And from what I gather the new items from the patch are supposed to be even harder to get, that's insane. I appreciate all your work on the server, it's rare to find an owner on any server who actually introduces new content. But when I think of a private server, I don't expect the same amount of item grind as the original game. I like to think of them as a quick fix when the grind of the original game gets too aggravating. But I get just as aggravated on this doing 10 Inferno runs and barely even getting a unique because you have to farm it with a melee char with terrible mf.

Anyways, i'm taking a break from this, I wish the best to the couple people who will actually be able to do the new content when it comes out, try to spread some of the drops to the lesser folk, best of luck.

Shishisenkou
05-30-2015, 06:35 AM
I actually prefer the grind of finding the new items and even starting from scratch on some characters working my way up. It feels a lot more rewarding that way. Though, I do agree a bit on the drop rates but as said, I'll wait for the new patch.

My still biggest concern is that to actually get the 'good' items, you have to HAVE the 'good' items which really singles out a shit ton of people really quick. I'll save anymore concerns until the patch release and more time to play it. I think most of the minor issues will be addressed which could make for a more fun experience.

Game
05-30-2015, 09:05 AM
I don't see the value in Inferno and Dream Lands at all, they take forever, and i'm not doing 20 runs to find a single useful item. I can't even get to Dream Lands half the time, i'm either really bad or it's actually hard. I don't mf for a challenge, I do it for drops. Hell I don't even play Diablo 2 for a challenge, I do it for the satisfaction of finding gear. Even if you make drops more common people will still have to farm for weeks to get an item with perfect stats, so I really don't see why you don't. Maybe the people with the best gear don't complain about this because they know they own the monopoly on doing these new areas effectively. Do you know how many people told me you could do Hell Inferno with an IK barb? One pack of phis immunes will slaughter you in 5 seconds.

And from what I gather the new items from the patch are supposed to be even harder to get, that's insane. I appreciate all your work on the server, it's rare to find an owner on any server who actually introduces new content. But when I think of a private server, I don't expect the same amount of item grind as the original game. I like to think of them as a quick fix when the grind of the original game gets too aggravating. But I get just as aggravated on this doing 10 Inferno runs and barely even getting a unique because you have to farm it with a melee char with terrible mf.

Anyways, i'm taking a break from this, I wish the best to the couple people who will actually be able to do the new content when it comes out, try to spread some of the drops to the lesser folk, best of luck.

Sorry but you got it completely wrong about the next patch. Item drop rates have not only been increased, but there are multiple ways to get them aside from doing Dreamlands. It a shame you quit before even seeing the patch notes today or tomorrow. Glad to know people have faith in me I guess.

SacredBlood77
05-30-2015, 11:29 AM
Sorry but you got it completely wrong about the next patch. Item drop rates have not only been increased, but there are multiple ways to get them aside from doing Dreamlands. It a shame you quit before even seeing the patch notes today or tomorrow. Glad to know people have faith in me I guess.

I'm just going by what iv'e seen and been playing the last month, it's nothing against you. Was just voicing my opinion, it's obvious that a lot of people like the server how it is now. But personally I just get stressed out when I try to do the new bosses and end up rage quitting for the night.

And i'm not quitting, just taking a break to play Ladder with my brother since this doesn't support windows xp. I'll still be stalking forums, just wanted to let you know the experience iv'e had so far.

itzswamp
06-22-2015, 07:43 PM
Game don't let ppl get into your head bro what you are doing is more than a one man job just because people complain shouldn't mean anything don't rush it take your time and have fun people will come and people will go

SaintSlavut
06-22-2015, 08:45 PM
Hey Sacred, I know how you feel. I struggled for awhile on this realm. Now that I've been playing for a few months and have gathered a lot of the good stuff, I still think some maps are frustrating as hell. The trick is good strategy and gear set up. It might take awhile to get decent enough gear to survive but that's kind of the point of the new maps. They are end-game maps. You're going to have to farm bosses, cows, baal, chaos, etc until you're ready for the next step. Patience and relentlessness is key. :cool:

Also, join public games! A lot of people here don't join the community and it's lame. The madness inside populated public games is highly entertaining.