PDA

View Full Version : 2.1 Patch Notes

Game
06-01-2015, 09:47 PM
Annihilus 2.1 Changelog:

• Cthulhu has been enabled. Good luck!

• With Cthulhu comes all new items that are designed to enable / change new builds. These were posted in the Sneak Peek thread but should find their way into the Wiki soon.

• The world of R'lyeh has opened. To get into R'lyeh you will need the 3 Organs of the Old One that resides inside, and they will need to be cubed in Act 1. These Organs can drop from any boss in Hell. This includes Super Uniques, Act Bosses, Champion packs, pretty much any kind of super monster. R'lyeh also has a few secrets of its own!

• Cache of R'lyeh can be found in R'lyeh, which can be opened with a Key of the Old Ones found at the Gold Vendor or at the Altar of Cthulhu. These chests will always have 1 Dreamlands unique, along with 2 random items just like Infernal Chests.

• The drop rates of the monsters in Inferno and Dreamlands have been modified drastically. Inferno should now feel worth it, and the chance of getting a Dreamlands unique has been increased by about 2500%. They should still be pretty rare, but they won't feel like a myth now.

• Dreamlands Bosses can no longer be knocked back or permanently stunned, making them require actual strategy. Their HP and damage has been lowered to balance this out.

• Inferno Monster's HP has been slightly lowered. The Spell Damage of all Inferno Monsters (including the ones in Tristram) have been lowered.

• K'nar'st *SHOULD* be spawning the Dreamlands Portal 100% of the time.

• Hell Bovines seem to be dropping body parts of their missing King. Moo.

• Puzzle Boxes from Dreamlands have had their hints modified to be a little easier to figure out.

• Blood Raven's crypts seem to have returned. Whoops!

• High Resolution has been reworked. We fixed a few crashes with it along with fixing the screen shift that occurs when opening windows in high res. Things should not be out of place now!

• 14 Effects have been added! Effects are special graphic effects to further customize your character. They provide no advantage and are completely cosmetic. One example of an Effect would be the big white glow Mephisto has around his body. These are meant to be rare and valuable, you can find 9 at the Gold Vendor and 5 at Cthulhu.

• Mercenaries have been drastically buffed. The following stats have been increased: HP, HP Per Level, AR, AR Per Level, Damage Per Level, Defense, Defense Per Level, Skill Levels, and chance to use Skills.

• Mercenaries have had their stats reworked as well. For example, Act 1 Mercenaries have the highest scaling damage, Act 5 Mercenaries have much higher HP than others to make it a Tank class.

• Mercenaries now have new skills. Act 1 Mercenaries use Exploding / Freezing Arrow, along with Strafe. Act 3 Mercenaries use their same skills along with others such as Blizzard, Static Field / Thunder Storm, Meteor and Hydra. Act 5 Mercenaries now use Taunt / Shout as well as their original Stun / Bash. Act 2 Mercenaries were already by far the most used, so while they received the stat changes their skills are the same.

• Nova has been a little too strong, and has had its Synergy's dialed down a little to 9%. It still feels very strong, and I will be keeping an eye on this to see if it needs to go up or down.

• Freezing Arrow's synergies have been modified / buffed.

• Exploding Arrow's Damage has been buffed and it's synergies modified / buffed.

• Arkaine's Valor is a well known and nostalgic item, and was not living up to the hype it used to and still should have. It has been buffed.

• Mavina's full set bonus has been modified / buffed.

• Kaalut's bow Acid Injector has had its Acid Inject drastically buffed.

• Cerebus' Bite has been buffed. It recently had IAS which does not affect shapeshifting, it has been replaced with Feral IAS, which affects any form.

• Frostmourne can now spawn in Infernal Chests.

• Fixed a bug that was causing clients to sometimes crash on game join.

• Fixed a bug that made certain monsters / bosses HP go to 1 when you have more than 9 characters in a game. Sorry cheaters!

• Fixed a bug that allowed Dreamlands bosses to drop Annihilus and Hellfire Torch.

• Fixed a bug that would cause certain items to not show their correct cost at vendors.

• Fixed a bug that made the Dreamlands Set Amulet crash anyone near it when it was identified and on the ground.

• Fixed a few issues with the Stat Range feature. It will now also show Enhanced Damage % range.

• Fixed a possible dupe method.

If anything was forgotten it will be updated in shortly!

acyroma
06-01-2015, 10:08 PM
godly.

SacredBlood77
06-01-2015, 10:36 PM
My doubts have been dismissed, neat stuff.

nonesovile
06-01-2015, 10:40 PM
yes, this is the patch i like too see! i appreciate how you made some of the stuff so everyone can do it not just end game gear'd people. good job!

Lampogriz
06-01-2015, 11:28 PM
Holy shit, good job!

Zigity
06-02-2015, 01:15 AM
1st r'lyeh :P "sparky"

Dante
06-02-2015, 01:22 AM
WOOOOOOOOO :D

"Fixed a bug that allowed Dreamlands bosses to drop Annihilus and Hellfire Torch."

-> This was a bug? I thought it was a feature haha.

" Freezing Arrow's synergies have been modified / buffed."
" Exploding Arrow's Damage has been buffed and it's synergies modified / buffed."

-> Oh the new bow ama builds will like it :)

" Mercenaries have been drastically buffed. The following stats have been increased: HP, HP Per Level, AR, AR Per Level, Damage Per Level, Defense, Defense Per Level, Skill Levels, and chance to use Skills."

-> I'm super happy to see our suggestions reflecting here, as well as the additional spells you added!

"Frostmourne can now spawn in Infernal Chests."

-> Thanks really, it felt so pointless slaying all but Stitches, this is a good move. I wonder how this will work out with the 2 different unique Rune Swords.

"Dreamlands Bosses can no longer be knocked back or permanently stunned, making them require actual strategy. Their HP and damage has been lowered to balance this out."

Even if you did stunlock them, you died couple of times mostly. I hope they don't feel more frustrating to run now, but since you buffed drop rates, should be fair.

" Cthulhu has been enabled. Good luck!"
-> Is this part of R'lyeh or separate?

Can't wait to play it :)

Game
06-02-2015, 01:27 AM
WOOOOOOOOO :D

"Fixed a bug that allowed Dreamlands bosses to drop Annihilus and Hellfire Torch."

-> This was a bug? I thought it was a feature haha.

" Freezing Arrow's synergies have been modified / buffed."
" Exploding Arrow's Damage has been buffed and it's synergies modified / buffed."

-> Oh the new bow ama builds will like it :)

" Mercenaries have been drastically buffed. The following stats have been increased: HP, HP Per Level, AR, AR Per Level, Damage Per Level, Defense, Defense Per Level, Skill Levels, and chance to use Skills."

-> I'm super happy to see our suggestions reflecting here, as well as the additional spells you added!

"Frostmourne can now spawn in Infernal Chests."

-> Thanks really, it felt so pointless slaying all but Stitches, this is a good move. I wonder how this will work out with the 2 different unique Rune Swords.

"Dreamlands Bosses can no longer be knocked back or permanently stunned, making them require actual strategy. Their HP and damage has been lowered to balance this out."

Even if you did stunlock them, you died couple of times mostly. I hope they don't feel more frustrating to run now, but since you buffed drop rates, should be fair.

" Cthulhu has been enabled. Good luck!"
-> Is this part of R'lyeh or separate?

Can't wait to play it :)

Frostmourne is a Runeblade, not a Rune Sword :) Different items! Cthulhu's Lair entrance is in Dreamlands. Hope you have fun! There is a lot of content to do in this patch, people seem to love it so far.

Elk
06-02-2015, 02:22 AM
wow this sounds very nice, great job! im impressed

Game
06-02-2015, 02:30 AM
wow this sounds very nice, great job! im impressed

Thanks! A lot of hard work and a lot of time went into this :)

Forty
06-02-2015, 03:07 AM
At work right now but I'm geeked about this patch! Can't wait to jump on, looks like I'll be getting very little sleep lol

slicplaya
06-02-2015, 06:18 AM
I have nothing to say except very impressed.

rattan
06-02-2015, 11:14 AM
Hey man, I had SO MUCH to do the past months so I just put d2 on hold. Not that I have massive amounts of time now but I have more then I should have. I'll probably be returning the upcomming days :) Really good work man! i'm looking forward to get online!

Shishisenkou
06-02-2015, 12:53 PM
Three words: I love you! Anxious to try this bad boy out!

Edit: A possible bug. If you have your inventory open, you can no longer drop an item that's in your hand. Also, is the waypoint GUI supposed to be off like it is now?

Indo
06-02-2015, 01:58 PM
Also found you can get stuck behind stash by wp in a1. If too many tps are open in a1 they will start spawning in the area that is blocked off.

Game
06-02-2015, 02:15 PM
Three words: I love you! Anxious to try this bad boy out!

Edit: A possible bug. If you have your inventory open, you can no longer drop an item that's in your hand. Also, is the waypoint GUI supposed to be off like it is now?

These are both issues when using lower res right now, we're looking into fixing both soon! Until then use a higher res and you'll have neither issue.

Also found you can get stuck behind stash by wp in a1. If too many tps are open in a1 they will start spawning in the area that is blocked off.

Indeed, fixing both soon.

Hey man, I had SO MUCH to do the past months so I just put d2 on hold. Not that I have massive amounts of time now but I have more then I should have. I'll probably be returning the upcomming days :) Really good work man! i'm looking forward to get online!

Welcome back rattan! Been a while, hope you have fun!

Crusade
06-02-2015, 08:36 PM
Ahh of course I slept all day! So hyped to mess around after work tomorrow! Thanks tons and tons!!

Dante
06-03-2015, 01:31 AM
Can you put the Othuyeg glitch on your list, the one that occurs when you get cast IM curse and die from it? I've got to relog games each time and since he can't be stunned anymore, this happens very often.

Game
06-03-2015, 01:57 AM
Can you put the Othuyeg glitch on your list, the one that occurs when you get cast IM curse and die from it? I've got to relog games each time and since he can't be stunned anymore, this happens very often.

That glitch has been in diablo since the beginning of time, I don't think I have time to dig that deep. I may just replace Iron Maiden.

Dante
06-03-2015, 02:52 AM
That glitch has been in diablo since the beginning of time, I don't think I have time to dig that deep. I may just replace Iron Maiden.

If it's not easy fixable yes please. Iron Maiden is a cool challenge for that boss, but not if this bug comes up every single time you die from it. Don't replace with LR though, that would be creepy :D

Lampogriz
06-03-2015, 04:40 AM
great patch, pvm is superfun now)
bugs:
1). if u open inventory and press to show items on ground, some will be written over inv window, and u cant pick it, even on 1280x1024 res
example: http://i.imgur.com/0SKvugp.jpg

2). Unable to see block chance % on char screen on 1280x1024 res
http://i.imgur.com/W9jhTbr.jpg

3). if u kill kaalut u can be blocked by his corpse and trapped
http://i.imgur.com/v4q8ECd.jpg

Also i've noticed u removed str% bonus from steelrends, and damage from war travelers, why?

Game
06-03-2015, 05:24 AM
great patch, pvm is superfun now)
bugs:
1). if u open inventory and press to show items on ground, some will be written over inv window, and u cant pick it, even on 1280x1024 res
example: http://i.imgur.com/0SKvugp.jpg

2). Unable to see block chance % on char screen on 1280x1024 res
http://i.imgur.com/W9jhTbr.jpg

3). if u kill kaalut u can be blocked by his corpse and trapped
http://i.imgur.com/v4q8ECd.jpg

Also i've noticed u removed str% bonus from steelrends, and damage from war travelers, why?

Thanks for feedback and reports!

slicplaya
06-03-2015, 11:19 AM
The damage rom wartravs was the whole reason to use them.. screw the mf lol

Zinaga-U2K
06-03-2015, 11:28 AM
You know we love you game!
Lost power :(
Excel hasn't fixed it in 20+ hours and it's still storming hard af

....cant play

But i love the changes to the realm they all seem needed or asked for which is nice

anyone figured everything out yet?

Or is that still on me and ziggity?

;)

slicplaya
06-03-2015, 12:09 PM
Instead of Iron maiden why not thorns.?

SaintSlavut
06-03-2015, 10:06 PM
Edit: Nevermind