PDA

View Full Version : Greetings.

MightyMatt
06-04-2015, 01:02 PM
Hello there diablo II players, my name is Matt, ill be starting on this server very soon and just wanted to say hello and ask some players some questions on my quest to the Top.

First off, how active is the server? i know the game is really really old, i mean it took blizzard 10 years just to patch us to 1.13, and that was ages ago, so is the server still alive and buzzing? is it a bit quiet 20+ people a day, any chance an admin/op can tell me how many unique ip logs in 24 hours? just curious.

2nd, i see their are some "custom" items, can you link a thread to all of them and what the stats read so i can do some maths.

3rd, server rules, i see it says NO, 3rd party apps, does this include apps such as the application that allows us to run multiple versions of diablo, manly used to "mule" items over to fake accounts as storage, or to make "player8" games running for higher MF rates, and also, are map hacks allowed, or the app that colours items name for easy identification, is anything allowed that is not game advantage basicly, kinda like how on WoW u can customize ur UI. anyway, any info on this would be really useful, ill be playing the game bare-bones till further information on this topic.

some servers allow things, other servers are strick, so are there ANY 3rd party apps legal.
(yes i understand bots 100% ban, all servers work like that,just want to know about the other programs)

and lastly, currency, so what do you guys use as currency on this server? gold? do u mean ingame gold or is it like fourm gold, and/or are runes still the main currency of this server or do u have a larger dipping pool i should be educated on.

thank you to any one that responds and helps fill me in.

Game
06-04-2015, 01:19 PM
Welcome to the server! I hope you enjoy yourself here, I think you'll have a lot of fun. Let me see if I can answer a few questions for you.

1) We are pretty active, id say around 50+ unique IPs sign in a day as of now. This is climbing more and more especially with the new recent content. We had a rough phase for a while where we were SEVERELY attacked by some pretty insane attacks, we just recently got high enough protection where that isn't an issue. After fixing this is when people started coming back. I think with some more advertising now that we are stable we'll be breaking 100+ in no time.

2) There are new items, a lot are found in the Wiki which you can find a link for at the top of the website, or just click here: http://annihilus.net/wiki_index.php . Just about every unique / set has been buffed so runewords aren't the vast majority of builds anymore. This makes MFing worth it and really makes you want to get out and kill things!

3) Anything that requires an outside program is not allowed. We have a lot of useful features built in, you can load up to 8 Diablo 2 windows with no help from outside programs on our server. Feel free to do that for MFing, muling, whatever you prefer. We have a basic maphack built in, it reveals the map for you and shows sockets of items and if they are eth or not. Anything aside from that is not in for the time being. You can hold CTRL while mousing over an item though to see its stat range, this is a feature maphacks do not have that is actually quite useful!

4) Currency is just like the good old days, items! The forum gold is actually the in-game gold here, we re-wrote the gold system completely. Any forum gold you have will be the gold that shows up in-game. We have a Gold Vendor that has some pretty awesome stuff on it, people usually trade the items from the gold vendor or they straight up trade uniques / sets / runewords, and of course runes are still very useful and wanted as well.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask! We have an awesome community and plenty of people willing to help out and get you started. I hope you enjoy yourself here and bring some friends so we can keep growing!

MightyMatt
06-04-2015, 01:27 PM
silence and focus look amazing, especially for the classes i prefer to play, do all the old rune words still work? engima ect...
and is there an "eth bug" , where u can upgrade the defence of items by socketing and unsocketing them...

last off, are there LLD matches around anywhere?

(i think of new questions randomly...so i probably have more just havent thought of them yet.)

acyroma
06-04-2015, 02:54 PM
Welcome to Annihilus!

The old runewords certainly do work.

Eth bug doesn't work, but that's intended.

There is a small low level dueling community but one of our Game Masters is trying to expand it. Whisper *5slicplaya on realm about LLD.

FromTheRez
06-04-2015, 05:13 PM
Man, I should be the LLD dude considering it was my only pastime on d2pk :p
Dat Corrupt Trist. Dat Bic.
Maybe if I ever get a real break from work haha.

Anyways you'll enjoy it here Matt! Plenty of awesome content to explore. I would suggest walking through your first character over a rush to get the feel of the new items :)

Potions/Tomes//Mercs/Repairs are all free although the vendor displays a cost (ingame gold cannot be obtained ingame) but there's not much use for it outside the Gold Vendor really. You receive that gold from Voting/Referring friends or donating to the server. Takes a day or two to get used to, but you'll find its far superior in terms of the trading economy!

MightyMatt
06-07-2015, 05:29 AM

Anyways you'll enjoy it here Matt! Plenty of awesome content to explore. I would suggest walking through your first character over a rush to get the feel of the new items :)

Potions/Tomes//Mercs/Repairs are all free although the vendor displays a cost (ingame gold cannot be obtained ingame) but there's not much use for it outside the Gold Vendor really. You receive that gold from Voting/Referring friends or donating to the server. Takes a day or two to get used to, but you'll find its far superior in terms of the trading economy!

thanks ^_^ still trying to figure stuff out, yeah not gonna rush first toon, dont want to waste someones time, easy enough to rush a 2nd toon when i g
ot a decent first toon.

Game
06-07-2015, 06:28 AM

Just to clarify, with the release of 2.1 the only thing that shows a price that is free is repairing, everything else shows correct price now :)

Forty
06-08-2015, 01:55 PM
Welcome to the server! If there's anything you need help with id be more than happy to help

MightyMatt
06-10-2015, 09:10 AM
ive just discovered how hard daruil is (act two boss) , holy cow >_< !!!
other than that, game play unchanged. just op bosses. gonna need a party or carry, contimplating requests for rushes now that ive gotten back in to the game. i really do enjoy the server, who ever spent times of these mods did an amazing job, cant wait to see end game content.

/salute.