PDA

View Full Version : Diablo 2 failed to run

Deathly
06-07-2015, 05:58 PM
When I click on launch game I get a CD-Rom drive error saying Diablo 2 failed to run, Please make sure the expansion disc is in the drive then retry.

I have Diablo 2 installed on my hard drive and I can run the original game perfectly fine without the disc (I can't find the expansion disc) but when I try running annhilus launcher launch game it does not work

Game
06-08-2015, 10:19 AM
When I click on launch game I get a CD-Rom drive error saying Diablo 2 failed to run, Please make sure the expansion disc is in the drive then retry.

I have Diablo 2 installed on my hard drive and I can run the original game perfectly fine without the disc (I can't find the expansion disc) but when I try running annhilus launcher launch game it does not work

It sounds like you maybe installed to the wrong folder. Try copying the folder that loads the original game just fine, then re-run the full AnnihilusInstaller.exe file and be SURE you specify the correct folder to install it into.

Deathly
06-08-2015, 04:52 PM
Same thing again

acyroma
06-08-2015, 05:41 PM
Most likely it's because you disk installed. Everyone who I have helped who has used disks to install has had the same issue. Did you update d2 completely BEFORE installing annihilus? Also you need d2+LoD to play on this realm, just making sure you know this. You might also be missing some of the mpq files. Make sure you have d2xvideo.mpq, d2xmusic.mpq and d2xtalk.mpq in your annihilus install folder.