PDA

View Full Version : Ok Seriously. Game responod please.

InDL
06-08-2015, 03:58 PM
Why is it that there is no information on the website concerning effect glows and Odium. Did you not think it important to let people know that there was an issue and it has been fixed? However now we can't add glows to the armor?

Because right now I'm sitting here with an effect glow stone I wanted to add to my Odium, and I find that it simply does not work. I don't care if it doesn't bug the armor anymore. We should be informed of these problems before we donate and spend our gold.

I already lost a cache yesterday due to a crash rollback and now this. I really do want to like playing here but these kinds of issues do not help at all.

nonesovile
06-08-2015, 04:11 PM
it states in the 2.1 hotfix 1 that you can no longer add effect stones to eth items here: http://annihilus.net/showthread.php?t=7750

sorry about not being able to :/ but it was making odiums 6k def witch is not fair to other players, but he did indeed let everyone know that you cant do it anymore.

Game
06-08-2015, 04:13 PM
The effect can go on any item... it doesn't have to be your armor. It will work the same regardless. I did put it in patch notes as well as mentioned above... I am sorry about the inconvenience but I cannot help but notice you specifically have put my server down multiple times when it was just a lack of you reading the information that was definitely made public. I wish you would PM me before making public shaming threads. It would make both of us look a little better.

InDL
06-08-2015, 04:51 PM
The information being in a hotfix thread does not help a player who was not aware of the issue before they think to spend money or gold on an effect item for an eth item.

In what case does someone find out it doesn't work? By simply trying to cube them together and seeing that it doesn't. If you want to avoid this then the effect items themselves need to state that they will not work on Eth gear.

As far as for the rest that you've said. The only other complaint I've posted on these forums is about one of the vote options, which has nothing to do with the private server itself.

In game I complained to you directly about Uber D being unnecessarily hard to deal with. You've addressed that and I thank you. The other complaint is the game crashing that happened yesterday and cost me a Ryleh cache. There is no way for me to prove that I actually lost this so all I can really do is say how annoyed I am. I know I'm not the only person who has had this happen to them and for most of the day yesterday people were afraid to use keysets/organ sets. Someone lost 4 or 5 infernal cow runs as well to the crashing. Sum it all up with the realm failing to restart after a crash preventing people from making games for most of the night.

You say you want me to PM you rather than public shame your server. I've been very patient up to this point. Even though you delayed fixing the join game crash in order to push out new content with it. I was thinking now that a lot of bugs have been fixed and there's great new content that I want to donate more to support and heck why not get a cosmetic effect for it. Yet it just ends up becoming another issue for me.

acyroma
06-08-2015, 05:29 PM
I'd recommend adding effect to a charm, that's what I always do.

Thanks for supporting the server, but there's no way we can add an effect to your odium.

Game
06-08-2015, 05:58 PM
The information being in a hotfix thread does not help a player who was not aware of the issue before they think to spend money or gold on an effect item for an eth item.

In what case does someone find out it doesn't work? By simply trying to cube them together and seeing that it doesn't. If you want to avoid this then the effect items themselves need to state that they will not work on Eth gear.

As far as for the rest that you've said. The only other complaint I've posted on these forums is about one of the vote options, which has nothing to do with the private server itself.

In game I complained to you directly about Uber D being unnecessarily hard to deal with. You've addressed that and I thank you. The other complaint is the game crashing that happened yesterday and cost me a Ryleh cache. There is no way for me to prove that I actually lost this so all I can really do is say how annoyed I am. I know I'm not the only person who has had this happen to them and for most of the day yesterday people were afraid to use keysets/organ sets. Someone lost 4 or 5 infernal cow runs as well to the crashing. Sum it all up with the realm failing to restart after a crash preventing people from making games for most of the night.

You say you want me to PM you rather than public shame your server. I've been very patient up to this point. Even though you delayed fixing the join game crash in order to push out new content with it. I was thinking now that a lot of bugs have been fixed and there's great new content that I want to donate more to support and heck why not get a cosmetic effect for it. Yet it just ends up becoming another issue for me.

Just to be clear I have never delayed any sort of crash fix for content. It was a lot of work pinpointing that crash, and the crash was in the D2Ex part of the patch which isn't even my part of the code it was my partners, so nothing I worked on affected that being fixed. Everytime I see you make a comment or suggestion it is always followed with "no matter what I try to do here its an issue" or something else putting everything down instead of just the issue at hand. I am not sure what it is but the way you word things really just rubs me as the main developer the wrong way. I greatly appreciate you playing here and supporting the server but I really wish you would word things better. I get you are upset you cannot put an effect on your Odium but I just hae to ask why it matters what item the effect goes on?

nonesovile
06-08-2015, 06:01 PM
you are being rather unfair here. yes i can understand you getting annoyed it happens to us all, i've lost many items due to drops you just gotta deal with it. you have to realize that game runs this server pretty much by himself on top of a full time job, and a family. he can't be here 24/7. the server does not usually drop this much, it is pretty solid most the time, you just gotta bare with it like the rest of it, im sure hes working on it with all the free time he has. he does a pretty good job on this server to be honest so cut him some slack he works hard on this for use to enjoy.

Game
06-08-2015, 06:31 PM
you are being rather unfair here. yes i can understand you getting annoyed it happens to us all, i've lost many items due to drops you just gotta deal with it. you have to realize that game runs this server pretty much by himself on top of a full time job, and a family. he can't be here 24/7. the server does not usually drop this much, it is pretty solid most the time, you just gotta bare with it like the rest of it, im sure hes working on it with all the free time he has. he does a pretty good job on this server to be honest so cut him some slack he works hard on this for use to enjoy.

Well thanks :) For what its worth we haven't dropped the past 10 hours from what I can tell! They are very volatile but we are still focusing on fixing the remaining crashes more so than anything else right now. It bothers me more than it bothers you guys. I hate seeing people getting upset over the crashes, the sooner we get them all fixed the better.

InDL
06-08-2015, 06:48 PM
I'm not just adding reasons Game. It s just a culmination of events that made me reach a breaking point. To answer your question I'm not really sure what else to put the glow on as I change items in every other slot depending on what I am doing. The charm idea seems pretty nice. I still think you should add to the description of the effects that they don't work on Eth gear.

SaintSlavut
06-08-2015, 08:08 PM
I'm kind of sad I missed out on bugging my eth hoz, but I think I can get over it. Lol

+1 on the charm idea. I put my favorite effect on Anni. I only have one, so it gets passed around to all my chars.

Game
06-08-2015, 08:51 PM
I'm not just adding reasons Game. It s just a culmination of events that made me reach a breaking point. To answer your question I'm not really sure what else to put the glow on as I change items in every other slot depending on what I am doing. The charm idea seems pretty nice. I still think you should add to the description of the effects that they don't work on Eth gear.

That would just make the description even more clunky.. it's not a big deal at all since you can pretty much put it on anything and it changes nothing. It doesn't feel worth making the description more clunky. Sorry it bothers you so much :(

Bigdaddywes
06-21-2015, 12:12 AM
indl, not to go against u or anything friend, but Game already does quite alot of work for this server bro. That being said he also has a personal life he should enjoy, and fix issues on server after that, but that is
my own personal opinion. I think game does a very good job for our server and it does take a hell of alot of attention to detail and hard work to fix these kinds of bugs..please be understanding