PDA

View Full Version : Design a weapon or armor

Forty
06-09-2015, 06:29 AM
Maybe if not too OP, and seems somewhat balanced- it can be incorporated into the game. Any ideas? I'll share mine after work

Game
06-09-2015, 07:15 AM
Contrary to what some may think, designing an item that isn't just a big stat stick is stupidly hard, and a lot of things people would suggest that don't know much about making an item doesn't know what is possible and what isn't, so you get a bunch of impossible suggestions. It'd be fun to see what people come up with though :)

Forty
06-09-2015, 07:18 AM
King Arthur's Excalibur
Colossus Blade
20% chance to cast level 5 decrepify on striking
250-350% enhanced damage
30% increased attack speed
45% crushing blow
25 to all attributes
1-3 sockets

Forty
06-09-2015, 07:26 AM
Very true, so everyone please keep this in mind! Don't go ham making some wild hacked looking items lol

Research
06-09-2015, 08:06 AM
naked jewel of kill
required level 69
The bodies of slain enemies no longer respawn in town, they stay in the moor where they belong

the following stats are optional:
+1 to decrepify
Level 20 Holy Freeze Aura when equipped
+1 to bone prison
Slows enemies by 99% (or +1 to clay golem)

Forty
06-09-2015, 08:48 AM
Gud wan! Lol

Shishisenkou
06-10-2015, 02:24 PM
I'm no good at designing stuff really, but I'd LOVE to see a few weapons specifically for Melee Assassin's to help them out. Maybe a melee weapon that has a high chance to stun an enemy or a player without knocking them back thus allowing better comboing?

Forty
06-11-2015, 12:18 AM
id also like to see maybe the Ik weapon in different base type like the elite version of an item, berserker axe, CB, war pike, scourge it would allow different ik set ups

Jared
06-11-2015, 12:21 AM
Anon The Greats Godly Amulet
+2 druid summon skills

and make the drops like 1/2.5k in DL

Death
06-11-2015, 06:02 PM
We need items that have negative buff to us, like -res or always cursed by something, but has another great positive buff to compensate for it.
Similar to a lot of uniques in Path of Exile.

It would allow us for possible different builds.

aolin
06-14-2015, 10:36 PM
New Javazon javs! <br />
<br />
Matriarchial Javelin <br />
20% chance on hit to cast level 5 Lower Resist <br />
+5 Javelin and spear skills <br />
175-250 Enhanced damage <br />
30-40% Increased attackspeed <br />
+15% Lightning damage...

Bigdaddywes
06-16-2015, 07:16 AM
this isnt so much a new item idea as a modifying old weapon idea...but i really think the sassy claw Chaos runeword should be tweaked for a lil more dmg, due to all other items in the game being so buff
and this claw has not been, its super far behind in stats...which saddens me.... ww sins are 1 of the most fun to play chars around =D

Bigdaddywes
06-16-2015, 07:17 AM
@ aolin ...........not to argue or anything brother, but that seems like it would make CS even MORE op..and tbh i think java zons do not really need a buff due to the fact that they can face roll everything so far

FromTheRez
06-22-2015, 12:28 AM
Rezervation
Some sort of shield. Unique or runeword
+1 to Energy Shield
Some other neat useful stuff

Elk
06-22-2015, 03:54 AM
http://classic.battle.net/images/battle/diablo2exp/images/items/armor/sash.gif

Ox-Farmer's Waist
Base Item: Sash
Rarity: Unique
Required Level: 24

5% Chance to cast Level 2 Weaken when Struck
10% Chance to cast Level 4 Confuse on Striking
10-20% MF
20-40 iDR
15% Fire Resistance
10% Enhanced Defense
50% Damage to Demons
2% Exp Gain
5 To Lightradius
Stamina -50%
Unable to Teleport

http://classic.battle.net/images/battle/diablo2exp/images/items/weapons/poleaxe.gif

Fisherman's Friend
Base Item: Poleaxe
Required Level: 29

Deals Splash Damage
Level 1-5 Cold Resistance Aura when equipped
200% Enhanced Damage
+0.5% Cold Skill Damage / Level
10% Chance to cast Level 3 Oak Sage when Struck
+1 to Evade
Unable to Teleport
1-3 Sockets

http://classic.battle.net/images/battle/diablo2exp/images/items/armor/circlets/circlet.gif

Horazon's Diadem
Base Item: Circlet
Required Level: 50

Level 5 Fanatism Aura when equipped
+30 All Res
-3 All Skills
+20% Faster Cast Rate
-300 Damage
-20% Crushing Blow
20% Faster Run/Walk
-20% MF
60% Faster Hit recovery
-50% Increased Attackspeed
+1 to Summon Urdar
1-3 Sockets

Elk
06-24-2015, 01:03 AM
Elementals Keepsake <br />
Base Item: Spired Helm <br />
Rarity: Unique <br />
Color: White <br />
Required Level: 77 <br />
ilvl: 87 <br />
<br />
(Druid only) <br />
+1-2 to All Skills <br />
100% converting Hurricane's damage to Lightning damage

Forty
06-24-2015, 02:57 AM
Great ideas Elk!! I like the bonuses with the sacrifices combos

Elk
06-24-2015, 03:27 AM
Added some new :) also kept PvP in mind, so it would make some nice 20 vs 20 teams with different combos and such

Dante
06-24-2015, 04:02 AM
Love all these items :). If I could chose 3 I would chose :

Horazon's Diadem - <3 Fana on helm would be so sweet. Mods are a bit OP though.

Rakanishu's Fingertips - Great idea. Items that buff certain skills that are never really been used like this, fire druid spells, some pala attacks, psn explosion or dagger, psn javs, etc. are such a great idea and bring unique builds to this server. Can you design something that buffs Grim Ward ? :D

Elementals Keepsake - Damage conversions bring interesting setup changes for chars, that's why i like this one.

The only one that goes over the top a bit is Mercenaries Alliance. Don't get me wrong the idea is perfect, I just imagine having like 5 of those for a single merc, since a lot of uniques have 2-3 open sockets already. Should be lowered a bit imho.

Besides that, I'd love to see all these items. Or even if we can have some voting for one every few weeks.
You've clearly put in some thought in those and don't let them be just stat sticks, great work! :)

cyanide
06-24-2015, 12:58 PM
Cerberus' Gift
Base: Dream Spirit (Druid Pelt)(Wolf Pelt)
Color(Red)
Droprate: 1/200 off of Cerberus* (if we make a boss named Cerberus!)

Stats -

+2-3 Druid skills
+5-10% Max Life
+10-15 Polearm Mastery/Axe Mastery/ Sword Mastery
+ Level 5 Fanaticism Aura When Equipped
+ 90% Fire Resistance
+ 3 Fury/3 Feral Rage/3 Oak Sage
+ 1 Shout
+ 1 Battle Commands
- 5 Light Radius
- Cannot use Werebear While this item is equipped
- Cannot Detransform from Werewolf while Equipped
- 1-3 Sockets

The Ancient's Oath
Base: Guardian Crown(Barb Helm)
Color:White/Yellow Eyes
Droprate: 1/250 From Uber Ancients (each ancient has a chance to drop 1)

Stats:
+ 3-4 Barbarian Skills
+ 2 Warcries/Combat Skills/Masteries
+ Level 5-7 Armor Penetration Aura While Equipped - (might change this depending on thoughts/comments)
+ 3 Enchant
+ 200 Fire Damage
- 30%Damage Reduction
- 45% Faster Run/Walk
+ 40-60 All Resistances

List and pics To be continued! Comment and tell me whatcha think!

Elk
06-24-2015, 02:04 PM
be aware that 20 fire mastery (+163% x 2 (only for 20, granted other items give + skills aswell to be around +233% (level 30) x 2)) would give 466% (fire damage x 5,66) brute ED on all fire damage then, with the frenzy capabilities and the tankiness a barb, dragon runeword, and other things it would be well over 30k fire damage a hit (if you use dual demon limb as prebuff, it would result in a crazy damage... +60 enchant (no hydra or warmth syn though)

what i definitely dont want to see in the future, are amazons or assassins with lightning mastery

cyanide
06-24-2015, 02:35 PM
very true

Thanks for the input! ill have to rethink that through...

cyanide
06-24-2015, 03:06 PM

Cerberus Helm GFX idea!

Elk
06-24-2015, 03:51 PM
its kind of hard to visualize this on the character ingame though, unless you provide new dc6 sprites for the druid pelt :P

Xardas
06-24-2015, 05:04 PM
Xardas's Severed Skull
Sexton Trophy (Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 39
Minimum Strength: 51
(No Sockets)

+1 to All Skills
+1 to Necromancer Skills
+1 to Summoning Skills
+1 to Poison and Bone Skills
+1 to Curses

06-24-2015, 08:05 PM
make another runeword with meditation for act 1-3-5 mercs

Elk
06-24-2015, 10:22 PM
Bul-Kathos' Wrath

http://diablo2.ingame.de/spiel/expansion/itemdb/png/INVQF2.PNG

Hand of Harrogath
Base Item: Scourge
Rarity: Set
Color: Normal
Required Level: 75
ilvl: 87

+1-2 to Barbarian Skills
10% Chance to cast Level 3 Life Tap on Striking
+100-250% Enhanced Damage
+200% Enhanced Damage to Demons
+50-100 Damage
+10-30% Faster Cast Rate
+5-10% Life Steal per Hit
-10% Requirements
+30-40 to Strength
+30-40 to Vitality
1-5 Sockets

http://diablo2.ingame.de/spiel/expansion/itemdb/png/INVQF1.PNG

Sescheron's Steel
Base Item: Knout
Rarity: Set
Color: Normal
Required Level: 71
ilvl: 81

+1-3 to Barbarian Skills
+5 to Iron Skin
+20-40% Increased Attackspeed
+100-150% Enhanced Damage
+200% Enhanced Damage to Undead
+1000-3500 to Defense
+10-20 Faster Run/Walk
-40-50% Targets Defense
+30-40 to Strength
+30-40 to Vitality
+200% Bonus to Attack Rating
1-4 Sockets

Full Set Bonus:

"Your Grim Ward now sends out Shockwaves
every second to pulverize your Foes" (doesn't fear Enemies anymore, 200 Magic Damage/Level)

Level 19 Defiance Aura when equipped

+3 to Warcries (Barbarian)
+40 to all Resistances
+15% Experience gained
+45% Faster Run/Walk
+10% Faster Cast Rate
5% Chance to cause Monsters to Flee
10% Chance to cast Level 5 Attract

Game
06-25-2015, 12:47 AM
There's definitely some cool items here, but a lot of mods you guys posted are not possible, modifying skills to make them do different things just with an item is SO much harder than it seems, and I have pretty much hit the boundaries of that already :(

Dante
06-25-2015, 02:39 AM
HAHAHA very nice idea :D

Crusade
06-25-2015, 05:50 AM
Not exactly an item suggestion, but I would love to see barbarians warcry be buffed up like sorcs Nova, would make WC barbs dope for pvp xD

Elk
06-26-2015, 03:42 AM
Not exactly an item suggestion, but I would love to see barbarians warcry be buffed up like sorcs Nova, would make WC barbs dope for pvp xD

http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/images/items/classspecific/avengerguard.gif
Korlic's Siren
Base Item: Guardian Crown
Color: Purple
Required Level: 80
ilvl: 87

(Barbarian only)
+1 to Barbarian Skills
+3 to Warcries (Barbarian)
Increases War Cry's Radius by 17 yards, but removes its Stun
Increases War Cry's Damage by 100%
+15-30 to all Resistances
+10-15 to all Attributes
-100% Chance on Crushing Blow
-100% Chance on Deadly Strike
+3 to Iron Skin
35% Faster Hit Recovery
-25% Faster Cast Rate
1-2 Sockets

slicplaya
06-27-2015, 04:53 AM
This is an idea I've had playing on classic for the years i did. The caster rate is pointless as you need fcr and the CB and DS just limits u to cries. A very pretty idea tho. Unfortunately i think it would be dominated on a lot of builds, but it's a very very good start for a beautiful idea. I approve this message. Game please make this happen. It opens up builds for new things.

Elk
06-28-2015, 04:19 AM
This is an idea I've had playing on classic for the years i did. The caster rate is pointless as you need fcr and the CB and DS just limits u to cries. A very pretty idea tho. Unfortunately i think it would be dominated on a lot of builds, but it's a very very good start for a beautiful idea. I approve this message. Game please make this happen. It opens up builds for new things.

i dont know of many classes that can smash big crowds in a small amount of time and still remain boss-killers with cb/ds ^^ (java/jabber zon with a ds/cb weapon on switch maybe), smiters are singletarget aswell, unless a hammer decides to switch (often used on bnet too)

i think a barb would be most suitable for inferno cows then if it had CB/DS aside from the cry ^^...thats why i left it to cries only (negativ cb/ds)

FromTheRez
10-25-2015, 12:48 AM
Naginata Giant Thresher
ilvl 95 or Inferno/Dreamland
Color: Black or White
Required Level: 85
Socketed: 3-4

Affix pool:
+1 to Pounce
10-30% chance to cast level 20 Mind Blast on hit
40% IAS
+300-500 FLAT damage
1.25 maximum damage based on character level
+200-250% bonus to attack rating
50% chance of open wounds
-25-50% Enemy poison resistance

LordManhammer
10-25-2015, 11:38 AM
I like the idea of items that have a usable skill or spell on them that otherwise wouldn't be available to the equipable class. Even having an item that is class specific with an added usable skill that is native to that class that can be scaled with synergies allowing the player to allocate skill points in another area instead of that particular skill. Like say, a pally shield with +20 to smite. That would allow a player to create a more diverse hybrid build. The player could make a Hammerdin and still be able to have a powerful smite on weapon swap for dealing with bosses. I think every class could benifit from an item like that. This would be a good way to add new, powerful abilities to the game for some strange new builds.

Elk
10-29-2015, 08:08 PM
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/diablo/images/9/97/D2-Ring3.gif/revision/latest?cb=20080927054710
Signet of Babel

Base Item: Ring
Required Level: 25
ilvl: 20

+1 to Confuse
+25% Mana Regeneration
+5 to all Resistances
+10% Faster Cast Rate
3% Mana Leech
3% Life Leech
+1-10 Strength
+1-10 Dexterity
+1-10 Vitality
+1-10 Energy

a cute utility ring

a pally shield with +20 to smite wouldnt be possible, as it caps out at 3 for the class itself (see enchant, bo, etc)

if it were possible, itd be ridiculous, having a smiter with 40/50 smite that would generate so much damage itd be... idk

Lucid
10-30-2015, 07:49 AM
Amulet of sustain

Base item: Amulet
Rarity: magic
required level: 99
ilvl: 99

stats: +1 "Immunity to servercrashes"

Krassus
10-31-2015, 09:34 PM
What we really need is a good offhand claw. I don't ask for much:

Claw of Whatever

+3 Assassin Skills
Level 10-20 Armor Penetration Aura when equipped (Or at least Blessed Aim, no one uses Blessed Aim
50% Faster Hit Recovery
60% Faster Cast Rate
90% Faster Block Rate
+1-5 to evade
+500-1000 Magical Damage
20% Poison Skill Damage
All Resists Increased by 5-10 %
All Resistances 50-75%
Damage Reduced by 10-20%
Magic Resist 10-20%

Better yet, let's make it a runeword.

FromTheRez
10-31-2015, 10:42 PM
2 frame claw block would be hilariously OP :) especially with the evade. Besides those points I do like that claw!

Without evade it actually doesn't sound bad (ignoring the possibility of running knarst armor) considering claw block won't hit 75% chance ever and a holy shield din is the only other char capable of reaching that block speed (at 0% fbr)
Considering claw block dodges magical attacks has to be taken into account too, the 2frame was initially only available with guardian angel+shield (iirc) which didn't allow that ridiculous speed stopping nados/bone spirits/blizzard etc, but only physical/projectilez.

I would love to see tests on this, hero editor time when I get my computer I thinks

Krassus
11-01-2015, 05:34 AM
I dunno if it would be OP. Let me put it this way : is a char with 75% cbt, 1 frame block, 50k+defense 50% plus evade, and an always hit attack OP? I've just described the smiter..
This barely levels the playing field. In melee, I need to care about AR. Smiters do not. They still have the advantage. If he's not noobish and has FHR as well, there is little you can do. Javas ain't that far behind either, since they have comparable defenses, and one good CS is all they really need. WW barbs attack at 2 frames. With sin defense numbers, those are almost guaranteed hits. Let's not mention the possibility of WW bars dual wielding frostmoure and eldruin. you get froze, you get knocked back, you probably can't even get past his bone armor.

Doesn't sound so OP against that..

Though I concede the point that against casters, it's a bit strong. But let's take into account that there is a lot of resist piercing equipment out there now. A lot of space in gear for facets. They slice through your resistances. And Bone Spirit is one of those spells that you need to either absorb or avoid.

I do not know if enchantments exist right now with +FBR. If they do, I just gave you guys an idea.

FromTheRez
11-01-2015, 11:53 AM
Not many smiters run 86% fbr (1 frame) but 2 frame yes very common as you have it with any level holy shield. Not sure where your smiters has 50% evade from, but I suppose it's viable with knarst.
This also has its weaknesses for offensive capability, where the assassin has versatility, a strong shadow and as every assassin should use... Stunlock.

Like i said, it's a neat idea, and I would love to test it.

Oh, and barbs ww at 4fpa.

Krassus
11-01-2015, 01:50 PM
Not many smiters run 86% fbr (1 frame) but 2 frame yes very common as you have it with any level holy shield. Not sure where your smiters has 50% evade from, but I suppose it's viable with knarst.
This also has its weaknesses for offensive capability, where the assassin has versatility, a strong shadow and as every assassin should use... Stunlock.

Like i said, it's a neat idea, and I would love to test it.

Oh, and barbs ww at 4fpa.

are you sure about the WW? I recently checked a calculator and dual wielding max ias it said 2 frames. maybe it's wrong. this:
http://diablo3.ingame.de/diablo-2/calculatoren/angriffsgeschwindigkeit/?lang=en

Yes, i was talking about knarst with the 50% evade. The stunlock from MB works with FCR. Viable for traps, not for much else. when i'm trying to kick him, I can't stunlock at the same time.

I'll agree, I saw some assas performing wonderfully, they were highly skilled. Yet this is also a point for making life a bit easier for assassins. Whereas other classes have abilities and gear to trivialize fights, assas really need to put their back into it. Maybe that's not a bad thing, but still, comparable skill, best gear available, you still have no chance.

no realistic chance.

FromTheRez
11-01-2015, 03:29 PM
I don't want to completely derail the thread. But sins should always have enough fcr for mb, even if a pure kicker/ww etc. It's how you effectively setup opportunities to attack. My kicker on d2pk was running 102 fcr
Would rock 65 for some matchups, but tvt is much more fun :)

Krassus
11-01-2015, 03:46 PM
I don't want to completely derail the thread. But sins should always have enough fcr for mb, even if a pure kicker/ww etc. It's how you effectively setup opportunities to attack. My kicker on d2pk was running 102 fcr
Would rock 65 for some matchups, but tvt is much more fun :)

Ok, you're right. I fixed the Claw for us

FromTheRez
11-01-2015, 04:43 PM
:cool:

Honestly I don't think anything from this thread has made it into a patch yet haha

Krassus
11-02-2015, 05:42 AM
Ok, let me put some more thought into this. Maybe I can actually come up with something worth taking into consideration. Assassins have the biggest issues in the martial arts tree. Sure, kicks work,...

Elk
11-02-2015, 10:57 PM
what the hell... are you even considering pvm? you would simply lolrush through everything at any playercount with those

FromTheRez
11-02-2015, 11:21 PM
The initial claw that sparked my interest was reasonable... Without evade :p