PDA

View Full Version : Hey there

Salas
06-11-2015, 01:52 AM
So I have been lurking around (read : mfing madly) for maybe a week and a half so far. I gotta say that while not everything is perfect (but then, nothing in life is perfect), I have much fun so far on this realm. At first, I thought the gold system was kind of a hidden pay-2-win and I even feared regular HR drops would be nerfed to reflect this, but its the exact opposite, compared to vanilla, the drop rates are (highly) buffed. I mean I found like 5-6 HRs in a week, and I haven't been doing cows that much. Hell I even boycotted cows for the past few days because of the #organsgate, where organs dont pass through my crap filter :P (That was just my dark humor, pushing the organ things out whenever I can even if Game heard me 100 times before).

I will probably not be a permanent player here (read : I will take few months breaks once in a while), as I enjoy this and another private server that resets at the end of June. But I try to mention this server to my buddies around there who are kind of lacking motivation as the reset grows nearer.

So far the community is really great, it has its "hardcorers and trade-oriented" crowd, but I have also seen a bunch of disinterested folks who just helps for the sake of sharing items with other peeps, since they feel like giving decent items to a newbie makes their day and the new guy day too (I feel like I am one of them, although I would probably go hard on the trade if I ever had enough wealth for ZOMG items)

As for the mod in itself, for the PROS, I really like the Dreamland level which is basically D1 tristram, I entered the place and was like "Wait... Ive been here before" ;). I also like what has been done to Abaddon, infernal pits and pit of acheron. Although those have previously been used in other mods, I really like the D1 sprites and the "every monster is as hard as a bawse" feeling. The boxes and Rlyeh boxes are very cool too, and although I havent tried using the puzzles box myself so far, I am sure it is do-able (I mean other people do it) and the box dont require keys at all to be opened. Just some sense of dedication ;) (and maybe one super-OP toon to kill Cthulu :D)

On the cons, I would like a bit more build diversity to be added in, as at this moment I feel like for end-game content I gotta be a smiter or a CS zon. (Or an IK barb in inferno). Someone mentionned I could also get a ssshaa sword and zeal like madness on a barb, but that is irrelevant since I still need a smiter/cs zon to drop that item (if we forget about trade ;)). So maybe (over the time, of course) modify some skills synergies and such (like nova for sorc) but for lower-loved classes like druids. Or maybe add some wtf-runewords (like a helm with Zeal oskill and random mods) to open path to new builds without making them over-powered from the start. Anyway I am sure that is in the plannings, im just stating this in case it wouldve slipped the project&development ideas :)

TLDR; Nice server, nice community, I have not tried HC as I would get rekt by the end of act 3 Hell, and even if theres sometimes crashes, its a great server. Nice job on all the new features and keep up the good work / fixing all little issues.

-Salas

Game
06-11-2015, 07:50 AM
Good read, glad you are enjoying yourself! I appreciate the suggestions as well, I always keep everyones suggestions in mind when working on updates. I'm glad you gave us a chance to see we are far from pay to win as well, as some people see the Gold system and just take off without even looking into it to see what it really is. I understand you'll be bouncing back and forth between this and another server, I just hope your friends give us a try while they are in downtime :) I hope you enjoy yourself more and more as you get into the new content, and maybe we can make you a bit more permanent!