PDA

View Full Version : as a newbie just joining, my 2c

MightyMatt
06-12-2015, 02:13 PM
just a couple things ^_^

1) first off, in Party screen, it says "CLAN" , but their are no clans, soooooooo.... just odd :P

2) the observer button is WAY to OP, last night did 6 man (5 lvl 1's, +lvl 97) doing a rush from norm to hell cows, while i afk'ed 3 of my lvl 1's (+2 lvl 1's from another guy) went to lvl 77 while i was playing cell phone games, yeah leveling is super boring, especially when a lvl 80 with bad gear battles to kill miphiso on normal. soooo

i think normal and nightmare need to be scaled back down to "normal" diablo 2 ways, (even a decent geared blizz sorce could solo norm NM on player 8), and just beef up hell like it is already.

luckly i met some nice people that were helpful, but i think there are alot of new people who would be, turned away with the difficulty of normal, its very aimed towards end game players right now.

bare inmind, if observe is removed, then the scalling would have to go with it.

3) "Light radius" , its no secret that the annihilus launcher has built in "additions" , however i do distinctly remember an "addition" that was on a very well known program that is missing, what it did was give u +1'000'000 light radius. the only downside (pvp wise) was assassins using clock of shadows would have no effect, the positive side, with the upgraded resolution the darkness removed would really show the game off better (in my view atleast)

4) lastly, is just a throw back to old diablo II (good old orignal diablo II ), so i remember a time, back when once u had amazing rune words and uniques and felt all epic and awesome, and thought u were top of the world, some lvl 1 guy would rock up, ask for all ur value for a yellow item, and you would never think twice about it, untill he showed you the item.

these items were known as trophys, and had AMAZING stats, (by the current items standards), things like a circlet with +2 skills class/+3 skill tree , 2/3 sockets, +resist, +life, +str , things that the BiS item would have been shako (+2 skills, +1 socket)

so even though i know its a massive "ummm arrrr how do we do this" but what if somehow, the yellow items, got boosted (added extra roll chances, or up the values, eg +5skills +4 sockets) on yellow items to bring back the trophys of old diablo.

-------------
anyway , thats my 2c, it probably means very little, havent been here very long, but hey, maybe a few of you will like an idea or two, maybe not, i dont really know what the server likes/dislikes yet ^_^ but atleast ive had a say :P

FromTheRez
06-13-2015, 08:51 PM
Clans can be assigned, if you have a group of players send a request to Game and he can have your accounts tagged

Game
06-13-2015, 10:51 PM
just a couple things ^_^

1) first off, in Party screen, it says "CLAN" , but their are no clans, soooooooo.... just odd :P

2) the observer button is WAY to OP, last night did 6 man (5 lvl 1's, +lvl 97) doing a rush from norm to hell cows, while i afk'ed 3 of my lvl 1's (+2 lvl 1's from another guy) went to lvl 77 while i was playing cell phone games, yeah leveling is super boring, especially when a lvl 80 with bad gear battles to kill miphiso on normal. soooo

i think normal and nightmare need to be scaled back down to "normal" diablo 2 ways, (even a decent geared blizz sorce could solo norm NM on player 8), and just beef up hell like it is already.

luckly i met some nice people that were helpful, but i think there are alot of new people who would be, turned away with the difficulty of normal, its very aimed towards end game players right now.

bare inmind, if observe is removed, then the scalling would have to go with it.

3) "Light radius" , its no secret that the annihilus launcher has built in "additions" , however i do distinctly remember an "addition" that was on a very well known program that is missing, what it did was give u +1'000'000 light radius. the only downside (pvp wise) was assassins using clock of shadows would have no effect, the positive side, with the upgraded resolution the darkness removed would really show the game off better (in my view atleast)

4) lastly, is just a throw back to old diablo II (good old orignal diablo II ), so i remember a time, back when once u had amazing rune words and uniques and felt all epic and awesome, and thought u were top of the world, some lvl 1 guy would rock up, ask for all ur value for a yellow item, and you would never think twice about it, untill he showed you the item.

these items were known as trophys, and had AMAZING stats, (by the current items standards), things like a circlet with +2 skills class/+3 skill tree , 2/3 sockets, +resist, +life, +str , things that the BiS item would have been shako (+2 skills, +1 socket)

so even though i know its a massive "ummm arrrr how do we do this" but what if somehow, the yellow items, got boosted (added extra roll chances, or up the values, eg +5skills +4 sockets) on yellow items to bring back the trophys of old diablo.

-------------
anyway , thats my 2c, it probably means very little, havent been here very long, but hey, maybe a few of you will like an idea or two, maybe not, i dont really know what the server likes/dislikes yet ^_^ but atleast ive had a say :P

I will respond to these the best I can!

First I will say, it can be a bit scary to new players because of the difficulty. Normal isn't so bad at this point aside from dodgeable spells, everything else seems to be fine. Nightmare may or may not get toned down, but I think Hell should stay Hell! :)

1) As mentioned, Clans are in, they just aren't automatic. It's a little aggravating on my end but when a group of 3+ people come to me and say they want a clan, I can add their tag and it will show up on the party screen.

2) It's strong but that's a feature you'll never see anywhere else, it's not going anywhere :( I say clever use of game mechanics!

3) We had full visibility at one point, but it honestly kills the atmosphere of the game, especially in the newer levels like Cthulhu's Lair. This is also another decision we made intentionally. I like the feel of the darkness, this is supposed to be a horror'ish game afterall!

4) By yellows you mean rares, correct? They have been buffed quite a bit! We have been discussing a few more buffs though, rares should be fun to identify. The one thing I want to keep away from when it comes to items, is Runewords being the best in slot for every item pretty much. Runewords should definitely be viable in the end game, but not the only option!

Anddd that is it! Thanks for your suggestions, always open to hearing peoples opinions.

MightyMatt
06-14-2015, 11:41 AM
I will respond to these the best I can!

First I will say, it can be a bit scary to new players because of the difficulty. Normal isn't so bad at this point aside from dodgeable spells, everything else seems to be fine. Nightmare may or may not get toned down, but I think Hell should stay Hell! :)

1) As mentioned, Clans are in, they just aren't automatic. It's a little aggravating on my end but when a group of 3+ people come to me and say they want a clan, I can add their tag and it will show up on the party screen.

2) It's strong but that's a feature you'll never see anywhere else, it's not going anywhere :( I say clever use of game mechanics!

3) We had full visibility at one point, but it honestly kills the atmosphere of the game, especially in the newer levels like Cthulhu's Lair. This is also another decision we made intentionally. I like the feel of the darkness, this is supposed to be a horror'ish game afterall!

4) By yellows you mean rares, correct? They have been buffed quite a bit! We have been discussing a few more buffs though, rares should be fun to identify. The one thing I want to keep away from when it comes to items, is Runewords being the best in slot for every item pretty much. Runewords should definitely be viable in the end game, but not the only option!

Anddd that is it! Thanks for your suggestions, always open to hearing peoples opinions.

1) i see, /c w would be nice

2) unique, yes ^_^

3) i didnt think about the light for ur new content, im yet to actually stand in it ^_^ only been spectator.

4) yellows i mean items like http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b492/mattexhordboomboom/mylegitcircsoxed_zpssnvat0iw.jpg
by orignal diablo 2 standards this was godly. it wasnt just circlets, many other types were godly, esspecally LLD items, there was a sword, "armageden great sword" , and it was used on a lvl 30 WW barb for pvp, and it literally one shot anyone. had massive damage boosts. anyway, im sure with a bit of digging, and a few whispers can spark an imagination for a yellow world :D (the other major thing about this circlet, is its lvl 67, that was the "high" lvl dueling bracket. (lld lvl 9, mid lvl 30, high 67, then open bracket lvl 99)

anyway, thanks for answering game, always nice to see the main man answer his community. much appreciated.

Game
06-14-2015, 11:43 AM
1) i see, /c w would be nice

2) unique, yes ^_^

3) i didnt think about the light for ur new content, im yet to actually stand in it ^_^ only been spectator.

4) yellows i mean items like http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b492/mattexhordboomboom/mylegitcircsoxed_zpssnvat0iw.jpg
by orignal diablo 2 standards this was godly. it wasnt just circlets, many other types were godly, esspecally LLD items, there was a sword, "armageden great sword" , and it was used on a lvl 30 WW barb for pvp, and it literally one shot anyone. had massive damage boosts. anyway, im sure with a bit of digging, and a few whispers can spark an imagination for a yellow world :D

anyway, thanks for answering game, always nice to see the main man answer his community. much appreciated.

Indeed I think rares can stand to be a bit better, we'll see what we can do! Thanks for playing, and it is my pleasure to be in touch with the community.

FromTheRez
06-14-2015, 12:14 PM
I've certainly found some awesome rares with the additional affixes available in the current pool, but its tricky :)
So many people just breeze past them in Inferno, I like snagging certain base items because you never really know what you'll get :)

20fcr All Attribute rings are pretty boss

MightyMatt
06-14-2015, 12:35 PM
I've certainly found some awesome rares with the additional affixes available in the current pool, but its tricky :)
So many people just breeze past them in Inferno, I like snagging certain base items because you never really know what you'll get :)

20fcr All Attribute rings are pretty boss

got any pics? 20% fcr ring is "imposbile" by standard d2 rolls, so if the yellows are beefed up i will keep a look out, are they only avalible on inferno? any chance u have any idea how the rolls / suffex/prefex rolls are calculated and the limits? im very in to this kinda stuff, any info would be amazing for me.

Game
06-14-2015, 12:36 PM
got any pics? 20% fcr ring is "imposbile" by standard d2 rolls, so if the yellows are beefed up i will keep a look out, are they only avalible on inferno? any chance u have any idea how the rolls / suffex/prefex rolls are calculated and the limits? im very in to this kinda stuff, any info would be amazing for me.

Nope, as it says in the server features rares have already been buffed, I do believe I mentioned that earlier in this thread as well! We may take a little further though. Not going past 20 fcr or anything like that, but we'll see what we can do.

And this applies to all rares, not just from inferno.