PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for a side quest - dungeon from diablo 1

Gordovan
06-19-2015, 04:22 PM
Hey,

I really love this server.. Its the kind of mod I ever dreamed of :)
For a very long time I have wondered how cool the dungeon of diablo would have been as a side quest in a mod like this : P

The way I would I'd like to see it would be a diablo 2 interpretation of it and not a direct visual clone. Maybe even without random maps.
Just 16 levels which get progressivly harder with a worthwhile treasure at the end :)
The town portal block that was only used in uber tristram would also be a cool feature in it for the difficulty

I don't know shit about programming but would something like this be doable ? : P

southheaven
06-19-2015, 04:24 PM
my shoe

Gordovan
06-19-2015, 04:44 PM
your shoe?

also,

since your modifying seamingly has less bounderies as previous mods I've seen;

How about some use of those waypointslots in act 4? perhaps you could somehow connect it with the side quest from tristram?
I know that there's almost no way that something will get implented in this mod ever.
Reusing some of the dummied out musical scores (outtake 1-4) would be quite cool to x) but only if you somehow manage to create a fitting enviroment.
Things like that would make annihilus feel even more like a second diablo 2 expansion
I just love extra content while staying close to the original

southheaven
06-19-2015, 05:01 PM
my shoe

itzswamp
06-19-2015, 05:34 PM
It could be like d3s system dealing with greater rifts cube an item open rift 1 cube item after rift 1 boss drops it and so on

southheaven
06-19-2015, 06:47 PM
my shoe

Shishisenkou
06-21-2015, 12:16 PM
I actually agree with this. I'd 'LOVE' to see something like a dungeon that gets progressively harder as you go further down. This would seem more fitting instead of the endless Inferno/Dreamland runs which can get stale relatively quick.

Though mapping on 1.13.. not sure how far that's gotten in the modding area. I'm fairly certain you've already expanded the limitation of maps so that's not a problem I believe minus the world space thing. From a design point, this would probably require some really tricky work to make it fit into the D2 style and difficulty, but from a technicality stand point I'm not sure what can and can't be done with this.

Gordovan
06-21-2015, 04:12 PM
After some brainstorming I thought of some other features that might enhance the experience.
Maybe if its not nearly impossible to do; add some deadly hazards all the way through, maybe some scary andariel or duriel like creatures that you may randomly encounter :)
Perhaps also some re-interpretations from quests like the butcher or the skeleton king and other stuff like that.

I highly doubt that something like this will ever be implented because it is way to hard to design, I'd like to see Game's take on it though ^^

Game
06-21-2015, 07:32 PM
Hmmm.. I considered something like this (The increasing level dungeon) while working on 2.2 but went another direction. I'd like to revisit it possibly in 2.3, its very time consuming though, especially if I design new monsters for each level. R'lyeh seems pretty simple on the outside but it took me days to finish the level and monsters.

Gordovan
06-22-2015, 07:41 AM
Hey Game, I was hoping you'd answer ^^
Really nice to hear that you were considering something like this!
I'm still exploring your mod in the old-fashioned intended way (no external help) and so far I am tremendously excited. I've seen some really well-crafted extra content extra features. I also seen some weird littlebugs but they never annoyed me and are easy to work around.

I understand that this idea would be a huge project on itself and that its not really priority yet :P
but it would also be cool to locate this dungeon at the same place in tristram as the original dungeon.
There's so much cool stuff you could think off when designing that dungeon..
when you might think of creating this dungeon then you could ask the community for what they would want to see in the dungeon for some extra inspiration. :)

Shishisenkou
06-22-2015, 03:42 PM
Thing is, you don't need fancy new monsters or fancy new graphics to make the level appealing. The difficulty and challenge is what makes things fun while the possibility of something rewarding really puts it together.

Game
06-22-2015, 05:21 PM
The new content in 2.2 was meant to start out a little small and just be something new to play with, but I can never not put my all when it comes to my patches, so it turned into something quite a bit bigger. I hope you guys like it.