PDA

View Full Version : do aura's stack?

godahtesfaqs
06-24-2015, 09:16 PM
just got primordial fang but is it worth losing the IK set to use it or do the aura's stack

Game
06-24-2015, 10:15 PM
Auras do indeed stack!

Kitsune
06-25-2015, 05:36 AM
The IK set's fana aura doesn't stack with other item generated auras. The Metal Grid's Thorns aura doesn't stack with IK fana aura, it overrides it as soon as you put full IK on. Same for Primordial Fang. I don't know what the deal is, and it really ruins a lot of item options for me because the Fang would be a lot better than another IK 1-hand, but I lose the armor pen aura, so I don't even want to use it now, same for the Metal Grid. I can show you in game if you would like?

Lampogriz
06-25-2015, 07:07 AM
It's the old problem which i reported to Alex

Kitsune
06-25-2015, 07:18 AM
It's the old problem which i reported to Alex
Do you think it can be fixed?

kokal
11-24-2015, 08:08 AM
http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Item_Skill_Bonuses#Auras_When_Equipped
So do auras stack or not now ?
When carrying two items that give you the same kind of aura, they will stack and give you one higher level aura, instead of two lower ones. - See more at: http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Item_Skill_Bonuses#Auras_When_Equipped

Mostly im interested if tals orb aura will stack with malevolent - I need to know because I wanna know if can use shield to increase it

Mephisto
11-24-2015, 08:19 AM
Yes, its fixed in the new patch :) if u find a recent set, ur good

kokal
11-24-2015, 09:17 AM
Sooo i should make malevolent + tals :)

Mephisto
11-24-2015, 09:25 AM
It wont stack in that way, the highest aura will win, so if u use a lvl 9 malov, it will be lvl 9, it not gonna be lvl 9 + 6 , 15 in total,
Previous patched fixed this: For example when u had a full tal sorc, and use dragons bulwark, u wont get the bulwark aura, cus in some kind of way the set aura override it, thats fixed.

kokal
11-24-2015, 09:35 AM
Well back in the day of diablo 2 on eu battle.net we used to stack auradins this way. I dont know if it works on latest patch noes. If u have ful tals and a Malevolent I would like to see it for my self. U can use me for aura debuf in hostility mode :)

Mephisto
11-24-2015, 09:58 AM
Thats because dragon or dream is the same lvl of aura, that way it does stack :)

kokal
11-25-2015, 08:20 AM
For all those who were wondering like me if auras stack - they do and here is the proof
Top Left - Tal's Aura + Malevolent Aura stacked
Top Right -Malevolent Aura Only (removed Tal Helm)
Bottom Left - Tal's Aura Only (Removed Malevolent)
Bottom Right - My Ugly Malevolent Level 8 Aura :)
http://snimki.be/store/1/401448468535.jpg

http://snimki.be/store/1/401448468535.jpg

P.S. Sorry for bad image @ first - I changed host

Krassus
11-26-2015, 01:20 AM
Good work Kokal.

So much for the know it all Pro's around here.

Game
11-26-2015, 01:26 AM
Good work Kokal.

So much for the know it all Pro's around here.

Have to admit, even I didn't think it would work. Very interesting.

FromTheRez
11-26-2015, 02:01 AM
This could also be a case of LCS. I would suggest a damage test and spreadsheet of averages over repeated attacks with each aura equipped individually and stacked

Krassus
11-26-2015, 04:06 AM
This could also be a case of LCS. I would suggest a damage test and spreadsheet of averages over repeated attacks with each aura equipped individually and stacked

LCS does not lie in the case of resistances, applies to another player. It lies because it does not add damage correctly, or add damage incorrectly. This is an effect applied to a different player.

Trust in the wiki article that Kokal posted in the first place.

kokal
11-26-2015, 04:52 AM
Well there are two problems here. First is that according to Charsi it should not work because its fixed in the latest patch. Second is that it does not caclulate correctly as it should be level 14 combined aura which drops res by 95% but in fact it acts as a level 11 aura which drops them by 80. I just did it to prove a point and if and when you fix it I would be with a useless shield considering i spent 1050 gold on a Xer just to prove my point as Infinity runeword should provide level 12 aura. I dont think its some kind of abuse so If you are gonna fix it to not work please inform me a while before so I can try to switch to infinity and second if you are gonna let it be possible to stack it - fix it to be the appropriate level ( in my case 6 + 8 = 14 )

Game
11-26-2015, 06:33 AM
Well there are two problems here. First is that according to Charsi it should not work because its fixed in the latest patch. Second is that it does not caclulate correctly as it should be level 14 combined aura which drops res by 95% but in fact it acts as a level 11 aura which drops them by 80. I just did it to prove a point and if and when you fix it I would be with a useless shield considering i spent 1050 gold on a Xer just to prove my point as Infinity runeword should provide level 12 aura. I dont think its some kind of abuse so If you are gonna fix it to not work please inform me a while before so I can try to switch to infinity and second if you are gonna let it be possible to stack it - fix it to be the appropriate level ( in my case 6 + 8 = 14 )

Uhm, tals gives +3 not +6! The math is right. Charsi was referring to a completely different bug that I fixed last patch, the bug hes referring to is if you had a full set (like tals) that granted an aura, if you had any other items on that granted any other auras, even different ones, you wouldn't get the aura. That is fixed now. This is completely fine, if stacking conviction works by all means feel free to do so.

kokal
11-26-2015, 06:57 AM
Superb :) - any other item that gives conviction aura ingame :D ? that I can add up

Game
11-26-2015, 07:10 AM
Superb :) - any other item that gives conviction aura ingame :D ? that I can add up

I think you have all 3 of them!