PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with Questions

Lucid
07-21-2015, 01:49 PM
Hey there!

I really enjoy playing here at your server. But there are everyday new questions...

its hard for me as a newb to figure out, how to handle the "engamecontent"... For an example: I started with a
bowie, got full mavinas now and some stuffs. Nothing really shiny but around 5600 exploding arrow dmg. (still no torch <.<)

i play mainly with exploding arrow ofc. If im facing fireimmunes, i simply change to the freezing arrow. No problem so far.
But nearly everything gets somewhen immune to both. And dealing physical dmg seems not to be that good idea for an amazon?!

I just wonder if theres so much better gears, that even in dreamlands a bowie will be viable? Or at least gears that push my phys. dmg?

Or did i just took the wrong class for a beginner? What are you guys playing? What items do you use, that u can handle dreamland/ryleh mobs?

Pls tell me something because its hard to understand what playing is for, if i have an unbelievable hard content (for me) and not even an idea how
i will handle that in the future. Maybe show some items, itemcombinations and maybe even a class that performs well at the very start here :)?

thanks for your help, i hope someone reads this.

regards, a weird amazon :D

norak
07-22-2015, 09:08 AM
http://annihilus.net/wiki_index.php

whenever i start out with a d2 account somewhere . what i always do first is make a sorc for MF , and smiter for uber tristram. and then a class who i would casually play and enjoy hack'n'slashing..

hope it helps

Lucid
07-22-2015, 12:34 PM
Yes! Thanks for your help and answer, norak! Thats nearly what ive made so far. A smiter and a sorc to tele for keys. Ive got ama torch yesterday so my explosive dmg raised to 6200.
Im happy so far, since everyday my damage increases a bit. But i just dont know how a really perfect bowie would look like. And thats kind of my problem/question.

I need someone who can tell me, what way to go. Should i keep mavinas or should i trade a frostfire. And if i go with frostfire, what items else do i need?

Game
07-22-2015, 03:35 PM
Yes! Thanks for your help and answer, norak! Thats nearly what ive made so far. A smiter and a sorc to tele for keys. Ive got ama torch yesterday so my explosive dmg raised to 6200.
Im happy so far, since everyday my damage increases a bit. But i just dont know how a really perfect bowie would look like. And thats kind of my problem/question.

I need someone who can tell me, what way to go. Should i keep mavinas or should i trade a frostfire. And if i go with frostfire, what items else do i need?

Hey there, welcome! I am not an amazon guy so I cannot give you much information about items / builds, but it sounds like you've made great progress. Dreamlands is a bit rough for almost all characters as it was honestly intended to be a party-based area but there is plenty of other endgame content that should be soloable. Try looking into R'lyeh / Inferno Cows / Worldstone events! Amazon is very gear reliant to get started but it sounds like you blasted right through the starting phase and should have no issues doing most high level things. Infact, most people complain mav set zons are too strong right now :)