PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice Building GG PvM Zealot & Smiter. Please Assist Me :)

Uberjoof
08-01-2015, 05:17 PM
Hello ladies and gentleman. I have 2 Paladins both level 95. One is a Zealot and one is a Smiter.

I do rather well on both (I really on do PvM, so I don't care about how I do in PvP) - However, I don't think I'm as geared as I could be, and I want to be the best of the best on both of them.

So I am going to list the gear that both of them currently use, and I want some major serious honest brutal feedback on these characters and I want you guys to judge their gear etc... and please tell me where I can improve and what items I may use instead.

While you are judging these character's wardrobe, please remember money is not an object when it comes to gearing these Paladins. So tell me what the best items are in the entire fucking game that will make these characters dominate anything they come across in PvM. I want to clear Dreamlands in half the time, and make any boss my bitch.

Okay so here is what my Smiter uses:

"Focus" Bone Visage (+45 All Resists, Perfect Level 13 Concentration Aura)
"Stormlash" Scourge (Sockets filled with 1x Shael Rune and 1x Ber Rune)
"Odium" Archon Plate (Ethereal, +13% Max Life, +12% Max Mana, +8 Fade, +1 Ber Rune in Socket Space)
"Exile" Sacred Targe (Non-Eth, Level 14 Defiance Aura, +34 All Resists from Base Shield used in Runeword)
"Lay of Hands" Bramble Mitts (+26 All Resists)
"Merman's Sprockets" Wyrmhide Boots (High Rolls on All Stats)
"Bul'Kathos Wedding Band" Ring (+5% LifeSteal)
"Raven Frost" Ring (All Perfect Except for the +17/20 Dexterity Though)
"Seraph's Hymn" Amulet (Nearly Perfect, 4/5 Salvation Aura Though, Has +2 All Skills / +2 Paladin Skills)

ON WEAPON SWAP:

"Call to Arms" War Axe (+6 Battle Command, +6 Battle Orders, +2 Battle Cry)
"Spirit" Monarch (+2 All Skills)

(Obviously a Paladin Torch and Annihilus. The stats of the Torch are +20 Attributes / +15 All Resists, and the stats on the Annihilus are +14 Attributes / +17 All Resists / +3 to Holy Shield, as well as a "Gheed's Fortune" Grand Charm with 95% Magic Find, 4 P-Combs, and Small Charms containing Life, FHR, FRW, Resists, etc...)

OKAY! Onto the Zealot shall we!

Here is a list of the current gear that the Zealot is packing:

"Focus" Bone Visage (+40 All Resists, +12 Concentration Aura)
"Sss'haa's Primordal Fang" (Nearly Perfect / High Roll - 18/20 Armor Penetration Aura, 398/400% Enhanced Damage, +95/100 Flat Damage)
"Fortitude" Archon Plate (High Roll, Not Specific on all of the stats)
"Exile" Sacred Targe (Level 15 Defiance Aura, Mid-Level Enhanced Defense, +121 Attack Rating & +51% Enhanced Damage from Base Shield)
"Dracul's Grasp" Vampirebone Gloves (20% IAS, +12 Str, +8 Life After Kill, +8% LifeSteal)
"Gore Rider" War Boots (Mid-High Enhanced Defense)
"Raven Frost" Ring (High Roll, +9% Block, +247 Attack Rating, +16 Dexterity, Rest is Perfect)
"Highlord's Wrath" Amulet (+2 Skills)

ON WEAPON SWAP:

"Call to Arms" War Axe (+4 Battle Command, +5 Battle Orders, +1 Battle Cry)
"Lidless Wall" Grim Shield (+2 Skills)

(Obviously a Paladin Torch with +17 Attributes / +14 All Resists, and the stats on the Annihilus are +13 Attributes / +13 All Resists / +3 Fanaticism, also a "Gheed's Fortune" Grand Charm with 89% Magic Find, 3x +1 Offensive Aura Grand Charms, and a bunch of Small Charms each which contain Life, Attack Rating, FRW, FHR, Max/Min DMG, Resists, Poison Damage, etc...)

~***~***~***~***~***~***~***~***~***~

WELL OKAY FOLKS! Those are what my current 2 paladins are made of, and what keeps them alive and kickin'

Anyways! I REALLY REALLY REALLY!!!

Need some advice on what items you think I could get to improve on these 2 characters. I've heard things from TONS of people! But I need to hear a bit more before I go wasting all my gold and trading away all my sexy shit for stuff that's going to turn out to be shitpiled in my stash eh?

OKAY! SO WHAT I WOULD LIKE YOU GUYS TO DO! IS GIVE ME A TOTALLY HONEST, BRUTAL, CRITICISM OF WHAT I SHOULD CHANGE WHEN IT COMES TO MY CHARACTERS GEAR! WHAT SPEC/BUILD I SHOULD USE! (Because i may be putting talent/spec points in the wrong thing, who knows!?)

I WANT YOU TO TELL ME WHAT ARE THE BEST WEAPONS TO USE AS A SMITER/ZEALOT!
I WANT YOU TO TELL ME WHAT THE BEST ARMOR/JEWELRY TO USE AS A SMITE/ZEALOT!
I WANT YOU TO TELL ME WHAT TO PUT MY TALENT/SPEC/SKILL POINTS INTO (I have the attribute points covered.)

DON'T GO FREAKIN' EASY ON ME! CALL ME A NOOB, AND CORRECT MY ASS! GIVE ME SOME SERIOUS CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM HERE, I WANT TO FIND OUT WHAT EXACTLY IS THE GEAR I CAN USE HERE IS FOR MY 2 PALADINS HERE! I HAVE A GENERAL IDEA DUE TO SPEAKING TO SOME PEOPLE IN-GAME BUT I HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE WHICH SIDE TO TAKE!

I've heard that Heart of the Shadow in a 3 Soc PB is the new best Smiter weapon! Last I checked that was a fucking Assassin claw Runeword, but who the fuck knows!?

I've heard that I should use a Crown of Ages +2xBer's, An Up'd HoZ with a Ber or Um in it, Goblin Toe Boots, Soul Siphons, Steelrends, Madness & Nightmare the Call of Cthulu Rings, Someone told me to use Chains of Honor, as well as someone telling me to use Husk of Kaluut and Trang's Gloves to pre-buff with Venom etc... Worst thing I've heard was to use Angelic's which I laughed my ass off, I had no idea Angelic's was even a thing on this server.

I'm leaving it up to you guys to please help me figure out how to build my Smiter and Zealot to the best of their potential when it comes to kicking the shit out of PvM content.

Please tell me what you think the best weapons, shields, armors, helms, boots, gloves, belts, rings, amulets etc..... are in your opinion for the Smiter and Zealot class so far on Annihilus, so that I may gain some knowledge and finally put together something that will rape these fucking bosses and let me bathe in their blood.

Okay fellow Annihilus players! Have a pleasant day! :)

Lampogriz
08-02-2015, 02:04 AM
Smiter:
heart of shadow PB
cow helm ber
cow armor 3 ber
cow boots
exile
seraph amu (or rising sun)
2x con rings
LoH gloves
dungo belt

cta + lidless on switch

20smite
20hs
20defianse
20fana
20light resist

Zealot:
Eth death cleaver Zod + dragonslayer jool (or Mal)
cow helm ber
cow armor 3 ber or whatever
cow boots
Seraph amu (or rising if u wanna fight summonners)
Madness physcial ring
Conc ring
Dragon's bulwark IstIst or BerBer or whatever
LoH gloves
String of ears belt 15dr/8ll

demon limb (25ench) + lidles on siwtch
some 100+ ar gcs on inv

20zeal
20hs
20defianse
20fana
20sacrifice

Stats points :
obviously str/dex fro items/maxblock, rest to vita

Dante
08-02-2015, 02:54 AM
You have rather low mf. Doesnt matter how fast you kill them if your mf sucks you will run them more often which will slow you down maybe not in a single run but in general.
As Lampo said, go for cow queen set, it provides a lot of it.

TheOne
08-09-2016, 12:32 PM
Hello ladies and gentleman. I have 2 Paladins both level 95. One is a Zealot and one is a Smiter.

I do rather well on both (I really on do PvM, so I don't care about how I do in PvP) - However, I don't think I'm as geared as I could be, and I want to be the best of the best on both of them.

So I am going to list the gear that both of them currently use, and I want some major serious honest brutal feedback on these characters and I want you guys to judge their gear etc... and please tell me where I can improve and what items I may use instead.

While you are judging these character's wardrobe, please remember money is not an object when it comes to gearing these Paladins. So tell me what the best items are in the entire fucking game that will make these characters dominate anything they come across in PvM. I want to clear Dreamlands in half the time, and make any boss my bitch.

Okay so here is what my Smiter uses:

"Focus" Bone Visage (+45 All Resists, Perfect Level 13 Concentration Aura)
"Stormlash" Scourge (Sockets filled with 1x Shael Rune and 1x Ber Rune)
"Odium" Archon Plate (Ethereal, +13% Max Life, +12% Max Mana, +8 Fade, +1 Ber Rune in Socket Space)
"Exile" Sacred Targe (Non-Eth, Level 14 Defiance Aura, +34 All Resists from Base Shield used in Runeword)
"Lay of Hands" Bramble Mitts (+26 All Resists)
"Merman's Sprockets" Wyrmhide Boots (High Rolls on All Stats)
"Raven Frost" Ring (All Perfect Except for the +17/20 Dexterity Though)
"Seraph's Hymn" Amulet (Nearly Perfect, 4/5 Salvation Aura Though, Has +2 All Skills / +2 Paladin Skills)

ON WEAPON SWAP:

"Call to Arms" War Axe (+6 Battle Command, +6 Battle Orders, +2 Battle Cry)
"Spirit" Monarch (+2 All Skills)

(Obviously a Paladin Torch and Annihilus. The stats of the Torch are +20 Attributes / +15 All Resists, and the stats on the Annihilus are +14 Attributes / +17 All Resists / +3 to Holy Shield, as well as a "Gheed's Fortune" Grand Charm with 95% Magic Find, 4 P-Combs, and Small Charms containing Life, FHR, FRW, Resists, etc...)

OKAY! Onto the Zealot shall we!

Here is a list of the current gear that the Zealot is packing:

"Focus" Bone Visage (+40 All Resists, +12 Concentration Aura)
"Sss'haa's Primordal Fang" (Nearly Perfect / High Roll - 18/20 Armor Penetration Aura, 398/400% Enhanced Damage, +95/100 Flat Damage)
"Fortitude" Archon Plate (High Roll, Not Specific on all of the stats)
"Exile" Sacred Targe (Level 15 Defiance Aura, Mid-Level Enhanced Defense, +121 Attack Rating & +51% Enhanced Damage from Base Shield)
"Dracul's Grasp" Vampirebone Gloves (20% IAS, +12 Str, +8 Life After Kill, +8% LifeSteal)
"Gore Rider" War Boots (Mid-High Enhanced Defense)
"Raven Frost" Ring (High Roll, +9% Block, +247 Attack Rating, +16 Dexterity, Rest is Perfect)
"Highlord's Wrath" Amulet (+2 Skills)

ON WEAPON SWAP:

"Call to Arms" War Axe (+4 Battle Command, +5 Battle Orders, +1 Battle Cry)
"Lidless Wall" Grim Shield (+2 Skills)

(Obviously a Paladin Torch with +17 Attributes / +14 All Resists, and the stats on the Annihilus are +13 Attributes / +13 All Resists / +3 Fanaticism, also a "Gheed's Fortune" Grand Charm with 89% Magic Find, 3x +1 Offensive Aura Grand Charms, and a bunch of Small Charms each which contain Life, Attack Rating, FRW, FHR, Max/Min DMG, Resists, Poison Damage, etc...)

~***~***~***~***~***~***~***~***~***~

WELL OKAY FOLKS! Those are what my current 2 paladins are made of, and what keeps them alive and kickin'

Anyways! I REALLY REALLY REALLY!!!

Need some advice on what items you think I could get to improve on these 2 characters. I've heard things from TONS of people! But I need to hear a bit more before I go wasting all my gold and trading away all my sexy shit for stuff that's going to turn out to be shitpiled in my stash eh?

OKAY! SO WHAT I WOULD LIKE YOU GUYS TO DO! IS GIVE ME A TOTALLY HONEST, BRUTAL, CRITICISM OF WHAT I SHOULD CHANGE WHEN IT COMES TO MY CHARACTERS GEAR! WHAT SPEC/BUILD I SHOULD USE! (Because i may be putting talent/spec points in the wrong thing, who knows!?)

I WANT YOU TO TELL ME WHAT ARE THE BEST WEAPONS TO USE AS A SMITER/ZEALOT!
I WANT YOU TO TELL ME WHAT THE BEST ARMOR/JEWELRY TO USE AS A SMITE/ZEALOT!
I WANT YOU TO TELL ME WHAT TO PUT MY TALENT/SPEC/SKILL POINTS INTO (I have the attribute points covered.)

DON'T GO FREAKIN' EASY ON ME! CALL ME A NOOB, AND CORRECT MY ASS! GIVE ME SOME SERIOUS CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM HERE, I WANT TO FIND OUT WHAT EXACTLY IS THE GEAR I CAN USE HERE IS FOR MY 2 PALADINS HERE! I HAVE A GENERAL IDEA DUE TO SPEAKING TO SOME PEOPLE IN-GAME BUT I HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE WHICH SIDE TO TAKE!

I've heard that Heart of the Shadow in a 3 Soc PB is the new best Smiter weapon! Last I checked that was a fucking Assassin claw Runeword, but who the fuck knows!?

I've heard that I should use a Crown of Ages +2xBer's, An Up'd HoZ with a Ber or Um in it, Goblin Toe Boots, Soul Siphons, Steelrends, Madness & Nightmare the Call of Cthulu Rings, Someone told me to use Chains of Honor, as well as someone telling me to use Husk of Kaluut and Trang's Gloves to pre-buff with Venom etc... Worst thing I've heard was to use Angelic's which I laughed my ass off, I had no idea Angelic's was even a thing on this server.

I'm leaving it up to you guys to please help me figure out how to build my Smiter and Zealot to the best of their potential when it comes to kicking the shit out of PvM content.

Please tell me what you think the best weapons, shields, armors, helms, boots, gloves, belts, rings, amulets etc..... are in your opinion for the Smiter and Zealot class so far on Annihilus, so that I may gain some knowledge and finally put together something that will rape these fucking bosses and let me bathe in their blood.

Okay fellow Annihilus players! Have a pleasant day! :)

talk abouth set abouth all but zero abouth skills wich are good 2 be up to can be abble 2 play.....

welll at last first and single one who really write the most important BEFORE set : the skills

Smiter:
heart of shadow PB
cow helm ber
cow armor 3 ber
cow boots
exile
2x con rings
LoH gloves
dungo belt

cta + lidless on switch

20smite
20hs sorry idk what is mean hs ? :(
20defianse
20fana
20light resist

Zealot:
cow helm ber
cow boots
Madness physcial ring
Conc ring
LoH gloves

some 100+ ar gcs on inv

20zeal
20hs
20defianse
20fana
20sacrifice

Stats points :

LordManhammer
08-09-2016, 05:22 PM
Smiter:
heart of shadow PB
cow helm ber
cow armor 3 ber
cow boots
exile
2x con rings
LoH gloves
dungo belt

cta + lidless on switch

20smite
20hs
20defianse
20fana
20light resist

Zealot:
cow helm ber
cow boots
Madness physcial ring
Conc ring
LoH gloves

some 100+ ar gcs on inv

20zeal
20hs
20defianse
20fana
20sacrifice

Stats points :

Heart of the Shadow is only available in claw weapons now as of 4.0 . It's stats have also been nerfed considerably so even if you could use it for a Smiter, there are far better options available.

P.S. Someone needs to make this or any of the other 500 "help please i need make GG smiter/zealer build and i sux please help give advice plox Kaithanksbai" threads a permanent sticky thread so we can consolidate all of our input.

Lampogriz
08-10-2016, 05:55 AM
LOL this guide is old, forget about it.

- Forget about physial zealot, he sucks versus bosses, only usefull as inferno area farmer and only if REALLY good geared.
- Thunderfury build is better, but even if FULL PERFECT geared, he wont do as fast as wind druid or javazon vs bosses.
- Wind druid is super overpowered now, so why the heck you using paladin lol?
- Also javazon is still one of the best boss killer (dreamlands farmer), right geared you can kill ANYTHING super fast (exept crucible obv)
- I dont play assins, cant say anything about how it.

Smiter is pretty okay for dreamlands, not as fast as java, but still okay. But forget about killing mappo.
Make sure you have amplify curse source, its MUST HAVE for smiter when farming dreamlands.
I'd say amplify curse is must have for any melee/phys attack char, unless you have alot phys hoiradric jools lol.
But if you still want to farm dl including mappo with smiter, you should get frostmourne, so you will have cold dmg source. Or make psn build, but imo it takes too much time to kill mappo.

What about gear:

Poor/noob build:

lacerator/gris weapon
odium/enigma
seraph/rising/saracen's amu
goblin toes/gores
hysteria/LoH
exile (no need eth bugged, jsut get random elite shield with 40+ res)
CoA/Gris helm/veil/focus any fucking shit
belt any shit like dungo/tg/string/lk belt
rings raven + any shit

More exensive:

LW pb
enigma/odium
banish rw/dragon's bulwark/dragonscale
gris helm/coa/veil/focus/devil's bargain
hysteria
lk belt
lk boots/merman
seraph/rising/mara
bk rings/raven/cain ring any shit

More expensive:

Frostmourne BerBerBer
Cow set
hysteria
dragon's bulwark
lk belt
sracen's amu/mara
madness phys + raven/cain ring
cold facets or cold horadrics in socket

Super expensive:

Frostmourne BerBerBer LpH ench
Tyrael's armor LpH ench
Corrupted shako LpH ench
Not sure about shield, can be any - banish/dragon's bulwark/dragonscale/corrupted ss LpH ench
madness phys + cain ring
hysteria prevent monster heal ench
lk boots
lk belt
cain jools in sockets

This is just theorycrafting, i didn't play smiter on this ladder, so i can be wrong!
But anyway: java or wind druid is cheaper and kills faster.

Lampogriz
08-10-2016, 05:57 AM
ROFL i didint see its 2015's topic, thought this guy is new LOL

LordManhammer
08-10-2016, 08:37 AM
Oh wow. Neither did I.