PDA

View Full Version : whats the deal with the servers? why no post on it?

kalypto
08-02-2015, 02:12 PM
OK just want to start by saying. I really like this private server (the few times Ive gotten to play)and this isn't me trying to rag on the creators of this.
However why is there no server status section of the forums or at least some type of thread just telling us whats going on and that they are trying to fix it..?

I realize problems happen and that the creators of this are not some huge company like blizzard,
but a little communication goes a long ways.

As I said I am new so maybe I just don't know where to find a post about this but coming from a new player to the server, zero communication and constant server issues is a good way to lose people and get no new players. I myself have been trying to bring over some of my old d2 buddy's but unfortunately none of them have been able to even play as the issues have been on going for the last few days..

Everyone I have met in to community have been very friendly and I look forward to meeting more of you if I can ever actually play the game..

Sinsaine
08-02-2015, 02:18 PM
On the home page of website and the left side of launcher it shows online/offline for website and games.

As for reasons behind it going down.. there are many reasons to why it could happen.

Furthermore, there are only a certain few people with access to reset it when it does go down which is why it happens to be down for some length at times, but other times its very fast.. also the few with the reset access have busy personal lives and arent able to be around 24/7 to monitor for issues or update on why it crashes but tend to fix it as soon as they can so patience is required for most downtimes, and its just been really bad this past week.

kalypto
08-02-2015, 02:23 PM
On the home page of website and the left side of launcher it shows online/offline for website and games.

As for reasons behind it going down.. there are many reasons to why it could happen.

Furthermore, there are only a certain few people with access to reset it when it does go down which is why it happens to be down for some length at times, but other times its very fast.. also the few with the reset access have busy personal lives and arent able to be around 24/7 to monitor for issues or update on why it crashes but tend to fix it as soon as they can so patience is required for most downtimes, and its just been really bad this past week.

thx for the response I figured as much. Hell I even took Friday off from work just to play because I been excited about the game unfortunately I have not been able to play at all this weekend.

but thanks for responding!

Dante
08-02-2015, 04:56 PM
Also since the admins with access to restart it are from the U.S., European players sometimes have a hard time and a lot of downtime that can't be fixed for hours if the drop happens at bad times :/

Sorry for that, it was very stable for a quite long period but recently got worse. Too bad you are joining us at this state, I hope it will get better soon so you can enjoy it. Our admins work really hard and had to deal with a lot of nasty situations.

kalypto
08-02-2015, 07:27 PM
I posted this in help section but no responce Ive recruited over sevral old gaming buddys but not getting my referal gold I get message in my inbox but never any gold?

also I noticed tristam has been changed how do i get worts leg to open regular cows?

Research
08-02-2015, 08:51 PM
wirts body is right next to the portal, cain is there too.
kill the boss in the middle to get to dreamlands