PDA

View Full Version : New Here

BenDz
08-03-2015, 02:11 PM
Hello all - glad to be part of the group. Couple of quick questions.

1. I only play Hardcore - is there a reason why I shouldn't? I won't play SC so hoping this mod is HC friendly.
2. I noticed you can observe other players to level up quickly. That said, I see no players on HC. If I cannot observe, what is the quickest way to level?
3. What is the easiest and most efficient char for farming? If this is my first char.
4. Is there a noob friendly guide that explains different areas, items, etc..?

Thanks all and I may have more questions later :).

norak
08-03-2015, 02:25 PM
1. special events are almost impossible to complete without dying several times.. hc has only few players
2. kill mobs gain exp lvl up
3. easyest?? sorc is good for mf i suppose.. because of teleport
4. wiki has some items . no guides as far as i know..

BenDz
08-03-2015, 03:33 PM
1. special events are almost impossible to complete without dying several times.. hc has only few players
2. kill mobs gain exp lvl up
3. easyest?? sorc is good for mf i suppose.. because of teleport
4. wiki has some items . no guides as far as i know..

So without documentation, no elaboration on leveling besides standard killing of monsters, random special events with no clue on what they are, and no HC players... sounds like a death trap for HC players or any other new plays trying to start this MOD.

I think I will pass and try another one. Thanks for the "elaborate" description.

Eric
08-03-2015, 03:49 PM
The only reason you shouldn't play HC is because of the end game content, such as in Tristram, then onto dreamlands. These monsters can kill any character in just about 1 hit. So hardcore at this point is kind of slim.
The quickest way to level is just to play the game, there are some players on hardcore, you'd just have to find them, because I assume they play sc also.
Sorc is best for farming, other than that any character will work.
At this point I do not think there is a guide that explains all of the new content, as Game did not want it to be released into the public before the patch went live.
I really hope that you can stick around and give it a try, this place is awesome. If you'd like, I can try to find some people on hc for you. Just let me know either by pm here or in game, my account is *Eric

Game
08-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Actually, there are several guides in the Character Builds and Guides section in the Wiki. Welcome, but if you're passing good bye I guess :( I think you really would have enjoyed yourself.

BenDz
08-03-2015, 05:40 PM
Thanks Eric - so it doesn't sound like a HC friendly MOD so no problem. So with enough gear (if there is any since I have no clue on gear) in this game, is it possible to survive end game with HC?

Research
08-03-2015, 07:18 PM
Thanks Eric - so it doesn't sound like a HC friendly MOD so no problem. So with enough gear (if there is any since I have no clue on gear) in this game, is it possible to survive end game with HC?

its theoretically possible i guess, but you would have to abuse high resolution with something like fc or blizz pretty hard
depends on how good you are and how carefully you play, but theres a lot of bosses that one shot you
you will never be able to do cthulhu

Eric
08-03-2015, 08:09 PM
Actually, there are several guides in the Character Builds and Guides section in the Wiki. Welcome, but if you're passing good bye I guess :( I think you really would have enjoyed yourself.

That's my bad, I thought he meant guides to the new areas, not character guides :P

BenDz
08-04-2015, 11:37 AM
Another problem - I could access the Misc menu yesterday but today it gives me an Unhandled Exception... I uninstalled and reinstalled game but still cannot access the menu.

How can something work yesterday and not today without touching anything?

Any help is great?

Research
08-04-2015, 02:31 PM
Another problem - I could access the Misc menu yesterday but today it gives me an Unhandled Exception... I uninstalled and reinstalled game but still cannot access the menu.

How can something work yesterday and not today without touching anything?

Any help is great?
run this http://www.mediafire.com/download/k663xcjk46uvt29/tempfix.reg
and dont use the launcher

BenDz
08-04-2015, 02:49 PM
That worked! Thanks guys!

Also - what is the deal with gold... I sell everything and it still shows 0 gold? I cant buy any items or gamble.

Any clue how to fix that?

Research
08-04-2015, 02:54 PM
That worked! Thanks guys!

Also - what is the deal with gold... I sell everything and it still shows 0 gold? I cant buy any items or gamble.

Any clue how to fix that?

gold has been reworked, most things you buy regularly are now free.
you have to donate to get gold, or you can earn 60 gold daily by voting, or by placing high enough in tournaments
take a look at the hadriel vendor in act 1 to see what you can spend gold on