PDA

View Full Version : Possible to play on linux?

bulletbutter
09-07-2015, 08:55 PM
I've installed all the files and have them in the correct place but I think the .reg file is preventing wine from running the game? Is it possible to run this on linux? Namely Ubuntu 15.04?

I've run regedit with wine and imported the file, but wine still doesn't run Annihilus :(

Game
09-07-2015, 09:40 PM
Unfortunately not, our custom files are very specific to Windows OS. Sorry :(

Dante
09-08-2015, 07:31 AM
Yea I tried that too, I'm a Linux user. Had no success 'till now.
I installed a 23 bit win7 VM to play on it. Works but meh... So sad it's not supported. If you find another way somehow lmk :)

Nonetheless, it's worth setting up a VM to play here :)

bulletbutter
09-08-2015, 10:33 PM
Yea I tried that too, I'm a Linux user. Had no success 'till now.
I installed a 23 bit win7 VM to play on it. Works but meh... So sad it's not supported. If you find another way somehow lmk :)

Nonetheless, it's worth setting up a VM to play here :)
Believe it or not, I actually got it working! :)

After importing the .reg file and installing manually, run the game by double clicking Diablo II.exe in the install directory.

Game
09-09-2015, 12:14 AM
Believe it or not, I actually got it working! :)

After importing the .reg file and installing manually, run the game by double clicking Diablo II.exe in the install directory.

It may launch but you'll be lacking several features, such as observer mode.

bulletbutter
09-09-2015, 06:38 AM
That was actually the first thing I tested. It works but its a little buggy. Takes a sec to load the players character. I see lag like issues like the black wall of lag etc.

Is ther anything else to be on the look out for that you know of off the top of your head? I havent had the time to sit down and get a good play session in yet.

Dante
09-09-2015, 01:33 PM
Yep, getting the game to run was not the issue. It just crashed and was not playable at all with this mod.
Vanilla D2 works perfectly with wine though.

If you somehow manage to get it to work, even with stuff to avoid I could live with it. Keep me updated, I would be very grateful.
Good luck ;)