PDA

View Full Version : Lag Issues (Australia?)

itsdustyy
10-17-2015, 02:35 PM
Hey guys,

Just curious as to whether its my connection or its just my distance from the server in relation to my high ping issues. I constantly sit around 320ms. I am located within Australia, is this the reason as to why I am suffering so hard from lag. Reminds me of playing back in '04 on dial-up.

Any tips on how I can fix this or atleast improve upon it?

Game
10-18-2015, 02:38 AM
Ouch, Australia is pretty far away, although I was certain we had some users from there that was getting by with 200 ping, there are gaming VPNs that are supposed to lower your ping, I don't know if they actually work but aside from that I don't know what else you could try :(. Try using WTFast trial to see if it works.

itsdustyy
10-19-2015, 04:06 AM
Ouch, Australia is pretty far away, although I was certain we had some users from there that was getting by with 200 ping, there are gaming VPNs that are supposed to lower your ping, I don't know if they actually work but aside from that I don't know what else you could try :(. Try using WTFast trial to see if it works.

Thanks for your reply mate. I will give it a go for sure! :)

Moose
10-19-2015, 12:14 PM
If you really need a gaming vpn (might lower ping by 50-60ms) use this: https://www.goldenfrog.com/vyprvpn/buy-vpn

wtfast is weird and i don't like it. This gives 500mb/month free usage + the free version has all the assets of paid but limits bandwith. D2 doesn't use much of any bandwith!

aolin
10-20-2015, 02:12 AM
I'm also from Australia and usually sit around 250-280 ms, its not really that bad but i guess im used to it :)