PDA

View Full Version : new necro skill

dattelmann
10-19-2015, 10:58 PM
hey guys,

i was wondering how to use the new necromancer skill.?

i want to try the 100k poison dmg.

Elk
10-20-2015, 12:55 AM
equip a dagger, as stated in the skill

and its not just all about damage

afaik conviction lowers the poison res of enemies here, ontop you can use lowerres aswell, and -res on gear, so you might end up with mighty psn damage there already

100k would be 462 damage per frame, that'd be quite noice

imo the maelstorm is 2x better than poison nova, you can use it from a secure distance, and it does more damage per second, but it works with ias, not fcr

its like a ninja skill sort of... or mortal combat style

to sum it up, you can even easily break psn immunes

the most trashy element ingame is still fire pvm :/ although its new skill is kind of cute

dattelmann
10-20-2015, 01:14 AM
oh now i see.. thats my fault

my diablo was still on a different language, so there was no skill text for me

Game
10-20-2015, 05:16 AM
oh now i see.. thats my fault

my diablo was still on a different language, so there was no skill text for me

I definitely recommend getting an english client, or unfortunately you will experience several crashes :( Elk sums it up pretty good, I do know proph21 runs a maelstrom necro and actually focuses on the physical damage of the skill rather than the poison, so he uses amp as his curse, and builds around physical damage such as deadly strike / open wounds / enhanced damage / etc.

Lampogriz
10-20-2015, 05:49 AM
Does cb/ds/ow work with this skill?

Game
10-20-2015, 06:00 AM
Does cb/ds/ow work with this skill?

Yep, this skill scales off weapon damage, anything that scales off of weapon damage applies any physical effects.

Lampogriz
10-20-2015, 06:20 AM
amazing!
Intesting, will it work with splash mod?

Game
10-20-2015, 06:50 AM
amazing!
Intesting, will it work with splash mod?

Splash specifically states melee attacks :) But thanks! Glad you like the skill, it really adds a whole new dynamic to necros.

Jared
10-20-2015, 11:15 PM
i do 112k psn damage

also why are all DL bosses PR? wheres the love

Lucid
10-20-2015, 11:55 PM
Doesn't malevolent (conviction aura to be precise) lower poison resist too? And pierce em? So all you need may be lower resist 1pt, a malevolent shield and huge -% poison enemy resist. Then immunitys shouldnt even be noticed?!

Game
10-21-2015, 05:57 AM
Doesn't malevolent (conviction aura to be precise) lower poison resist too? And pierce em? So all you need may be lower resist 1pt, a malevolent shield and huge -% poison enemy resist. Then immunitys shouldnt even be noticed?!

Conviction does infact lower poison resists here!

Elk
10-21-2015, 01:11 PM
ontop, stack cb and you have made a monster :) you can also easily do ubers with it if you just use 1 point in maelstrom, you can nuke them from afar while your skellies/revives tank them

Jared
10-21-2015, 03:14 PM
Conviction does infact lower poison resists here!

taking off my necro shield is -50k damage =/

proph21
10-21-2015, 03:57 PM
ontop, stack cb and you have made a monster :) you can also easily do ubers with it if you just use 1 point in maelstrom, you can nuke them from afar while your skellies/revives tank them

Definitely an idea. Although, that psn dmg is still very strong :p. When I do lich king and die 50 times per run, I can see that poison dmg chipping him down after CB has stopped taking effect and he is low