PDA

View Full Version : Barbarian's Shield Throw Animation Needs To Be Changed.

Thor
10-21-2015, 09:22 AM
I honestly can't take this skill seriously, at all lol. I use it, and my barbarian is built around it, but a kite shield that is spinning while it is vertical, looks hilarious man ^^. If possible, I would make the animation fly out a copy from whatever shield you have equipped, and have it spinning horizontally. Captain America Shield Throw would be a good lead to base the barbarians Shield Throw from. If that is not possible, switch the animation to a Hyperion shield flying horizontally and spinning if possible. I wouldn't mind it just flying straight either, that'd look really cool too.

Anyhow, thanks for taking a look, team! See you in-game!

Game
10-21-2015, 10:20 AM
The skill may be changed some in the future, not sure yet!

Thor
10-21-2015, 10:47 AM
The skill may be changed some in the future, not sure yet!

Okay! Sounds good ^^

LordManhammer
10-21-2015, 11:03 AM
I'm not sure if this is possible or not or if i'm just spoiled by a similar skill from another game *cough* spectral throw from POE *cough cough* but if the shield could return to you after it reaches a certain distance like a boomerang it would make this skill so much more functional:) Being able to kite mobs and direct the shield's return path by moving around would be awesome.

Thor
10-21-2015, 12:49 PM
I'm not sure if this is possible or not or if i'm just spoiled by a similar skill from another game *cough* spectral throw from POE *cough cough* but if the shield could return to you after it reaches a certain distance like a boomerang it would make this skill so much more functional:) Being able to kite mobs and direct the shield's return path by moving around would be awesome.

I like your idea. Perhaps instead of a Shield it could be a hammer :D? Mighty Mjolnir! To me! Hahaha. On a serious note, it could be. All they would have to do is make it a maul, have it fly straight and return to the thrower. Just requires a shield? Meh, I dunno. Lol.

Jared
10-21-2015, 04:06 PM
I like your idea. Perhaps instead of a Shield it could be a hammer :D? Mighty Mjolnir! To me! Hahaha. On a serious note, it could be. All they would have to do is make it a maul, have it fly straight and return to the thrower. Just requires a shield? Meh, I dunno. Lol.

Ofc Thor would want a hammer

Thor
10-22-2015, 06:46 PM
Ofc Thor would want a hammer
Verily! None other than the Mighty Hammer Mjölnir! It is a fit companion for a king.