PDA

View Full Version : how to uninstall

Subterfuge
10-22-2015, 12:55 AM
so i was amped to play, and i found this game on an old hdd and i installed this and learned not supported on xp, now my game is wrecked and i have no idea where my cd's are, how do i uninstall this so i can play d2??

Lucid
10-22-2015, 01:17 AM
Do you have your cd keys anywhere? Otherwise, there are softwares around in the internet that allow you to read out your cd keys of your actual installation. If you finally have those you are able to go to battle.net and register them to a battle.net account. If registered you get a new, longer gamecode and will be able to download it anytime you want.

Subterfuge
10-22-2015, 01:20 AM
no, thats worth a try, but i liked my 1.12 version, i dont care for some of the shit in 1.13, and since joining this tanked i just wanna play with my friends lol, i just wanna uninstall this crap.

Lucid
10-22-2015, 02:36 AM
Holding normal D2 and just deinstall Annihilus is not possible as far as i know. Also you need to know, that this is a modserver only using 1.13d patch as a basic. From normal diablo 2, patch 1.12 to 1.13d is nearly no difference... The mod changes the most things of the game...

Like i said, try to find out your cd key, go to battle.net and try to register a diablo 2 license. If you have done that its not longer a problem to get a fresh Diablo 2 installation as download and you can simply uninstall the complete Diablo folders from your pc. If you have done this, download a fresh from battle.net and then just dont install annihilus on it...
If you have problems because of the windows registry changes annihilus makes, pls ask the guy called "Game" here on annihilus.net. Maybe that is your problem.

Game
10-22-2015, 05:54 AM
If you made another folder for Annihilus like it said to in the installation instructions it shouldn't have affected your original installation, what issue are you having? If you were using 1.12 it doesn't sound like you were playing on battle.net.

P.S. calling something someone has worked on for over a year "crap" isn't the best way to get their help.

Subterfuge
10-23-2015, 09:59 PM
If you made another folder for Annihilus like it said to in the installation instructions it shouldn't have affected your original installation, what issue are you having? If you were using 1.12 it doesn't sound like you were playing on battle.net.

P.S. calling something someone has worked on for over a year "crap" isn't the best way to get their help.

youre right and i do apologize, im mostly just mad i cant play this mod, and no i was not playing on battle net. but i didnt not make a copy, because i really didnt intend on going back, but i didnt really take time to read into it and realize it owuldnt work. :c

Subterfuge
10-23-2015, 10:02 PM
side note i did fix the issue it changed my advapi32.dll in the /system32 folder to a version for win7, so after replacing that and removing the mod files i got everything working.

DaleVsWorld
03-16-2016, 12:39 AM
@Game I'd also like to know how to remove these files. I did in fact make a new folder ect and it still did a hard over ride to all my game exe's.

DaleVsWorld
03-16-2016, 01:55 AM
Possible fix.
Uninstall D2,
Go to program files and delete any diablo 2 files with edited content in them.
reinstall.