- stitches can drop divine gem
- good drops overall
- drops infernal chest

Inferno portals:
- mobs with multiple immunes, stronger, you need to be very good geared
- people is running only 1 portal, because summonners are too annoying
- bad drops compared to plaguelands
- drops infernal chest

So, i dont see any point to farm inferno.

Game
11-18-2015, 12:48 AM
Yep, good point. I will be changing this in 3.1. Although I will say, the loot table is identical for both, they both pull from the "Inferno" loot table, so aside from Stitches dropping Divine Gems the drop rates are the exact same. The difficulty difference for the same loot table is what I am looking at, and that will be adjusted accordingly.

Lampogriz
11-18-2015, 01:49 AM
Plague mobs drop more rare/uniq items, than inferno mobs

Game
11-18-2015, 02:38 AM
Plague mobs drop more rare/uniq items, than inferno mobs

Sorry but nope! It may seem that way since there are more mobs, but like I said I made the patch so I would know they definitely pull from the same loot table, meaning the same items and drop rate.

LordManhammer
11-18-2015, 10:25 AM
When all has been said and done, the only real noticeable differences between the two is the speed at which you can clear them and their accessibility to players with weak gear. The Act 5 Inferno levels are still easier when you remove time as a factor. I say this because with even the most basic gear you can pull one monster at a time in those Inferno levels and dps them down with crushing blow and amp damage. There is also better scaling when moving from normal difficulty to nightmare and then to hell. You can successfully upgrade your gear and progress. Then, once you have reached a certain threshold of gear, you can do Plaguelands for more efficient farming. It's a good set up for people who prefer to solo farm.

I do agree with Lampogriz about those summoners though. They are a pain in the ass but so are those damn scourge ghosts:)

Lampogriz
11-18-2015, 11:31 AM
LordManhammer,
You can stun or freeze ghosts, zombies and skeletons, so they are not problem.

LordManhammer
11-18-2015, 01:58 PM
LordManhammer,
You can stun or freeze ghosts, zombies and skeletons, so they are not problem.

Yes, yes I know. It's great:) I guess that the point I was trying to make is that there will always be a zone that will be better for farming or leveling depending on what class that you are playing or what you are farming for. I think that a better approach to this issue would be to offer an incentive for farming an area instead of changing the difficulty. Like how there used to be a very rare chance that the Flesh Golems(formerly Stitches) could drop Frostmourne.

Something that I think a lot of people would like to see is the EXP in the Cow level revert back to what it was pre-patch 3.0 or at least brought up to par with Baal runs. I understand why it was changed but now that we are past that initial post-patch leveling period for the most part, it would be nice to not have to do 500 Baal runs to get from 90-99. At least while doing Cow runs you can farm for runes and rune word bases.