PDA

View Full Version : Hc character problem

zman
12-08-2015, 04:59 PM
Hy , i was doying cow hell on a game on hc (not the first time) and when i was there inside the cow i got the message "your connection has been lost" server dropped.To my surprise when i entered the chat i saw that i was dead...
ps: i had on me full mavina set + infynity on merc so is not an issue of beying a noob ...
i died before with my sorc like 3 times and started over ...i never post on the forum to ask for help or to lie about it...to get the char back because there was my mistake and i assum it
but know was a server dropped and i dont want to loose something that i put a lot of hours in it for nothing..
the server crashed somewhere at 12:20 am aprox London time.
thanks you in advance and hope to resolve this issue
regards gabriel
acc youdie
char sagetutza

Mephisto
12-08-2015, 05:21 PM
Nothing we can do about this. Sorry its the risk of hardcore, unfortunate; but true :(

acyroma
12-08-2015, 05:28 PM
Yeah sadly there's no way for me to reverse a hardcore death.

RIP

zman
12-08-2015, 05:31 PM
ok thanks,that was for me playing on this server,sadly with this kind of drops i cant play anymore.
Ps: this is not a hardcore risk is a server issue.
and 3'rd yes it can be rolled back i had a server before and i know you can :) but thanks for the help

acyroma
12-08-2015, 05:37 PM
ok thanks,that was for me playing on this server,sadly with this kind of drops i cant play anymore.
Ps: this is not a hardcore risk is a server issue.
and 3'rd yes it can be rolled back i had a server before and i know you can :) but thanks for the help

Not on this server, it's impossible. We cannot edit any character files at all with hero editor, it corrupts the file.

zman
12-08-2015, 05:38 PM
its not about editing...its about saving char files from time to time...like at 1 hour you put the server to do auto save char files for different event`s and you replace the saved char files with the old one`s

zman
12-08-2015, 05:40 PM
its a backup ,if the hard drives fail you must have a backup for all the chars somewere

acyroma
12-08-2015, 05:40 PM
its not about editing...its about saving char files from time to time...like at 1 hour you put the server to do auto save char files for different event`s and you replace the saved char files with the old one`s

Last backup was Nov 26, so I'm assuming that wont help you, almost 2 weeks ago.

Let me know.

zman
12-08-2015, 05:44 PM
no it wont,ok thanks you for trying to help,thats was it ,,,hope in the future to resolve the problems and i will get back because the server has a beatyfull concept,game work hard to make it possible and when the problem will be resolve maybe i will rejoin,until then i dont have a reason :)

acyroma
12-08-2015, 05:45 PM
no it wont,ok thanks you for trying to help,thats was it ,,,hope in the future to resolve the problems and i will get back because the server has a beatyfull concept,game work hard to make it possible and when the problem will be resolve maybe i will rejoin,until then i dont have a reason :)

ok good luck

Krassus
12-09-2015, 02:58 PM
Nothing we can do about this. Sorry its the risk of hardcore, unfortunate; but true :(

valuable input as always, a slice of ignorance sprinkled with a dash of arrogance for that extra flavor.
clearly, there is a way to restore from the backup, and clearly, server crashed and chars not being pulled out of the games is not a risk of HC. if that was the case, not even blood moor would be safe.

you're head gm, and should therefore set an example. try for a bit of patience and understanding.

acyroma
12-09-2015, 03:06 PM
valuable input as always, a slice of ignorance sprinkled with a dash of arrogance for that extra flavor.
clearly, there is a way to restore from the backup, and clearly, server crashed and chars not being pulled out of the games is not a risk of HC. if that was the case, not even blood moor would be safe.

you're head gm, and should therefore set an example. try for a bit of patience and understanding.

He is 100% correct.

Next time you try and bash one of my staff get your facts straight.

Game
12-09-2015, 03:38 PM

I wasn't going to say anything since my staff had already addressed his issue, and I do not like putting users on blast... but when the server drops, the monsters stop moving as well. The whole server crashes, it isn't just the players, otherwise rollbacks would literally never happen. The server was not the reason of his death, I am a little sad a user would take advantage of the server crashes because they died in HC. If it was a huge lag spike that is different since the monsters are local to the server and can technically function without internet during the spike, but a crash will NEVER be the cause of a death. Claiming my staff is ignorant was a little ironic I must say, and it is actually against the rules to verbally attack a staff member like you just did. He was completely sympathetic with zman while just letting him know we cannot do anything for his situation, he was not rude in anyway. Completely uncalled for on your end man.