PDA

View Full Version : Short Circuit suggestions

StenchTrench
12-14-2015, 03:21 AM
1. If the damage is physical...life and mana leech should work with it.

2. Make it so that enhanced damage increases the physical damage (jewels/ohm/auras)

thessarill
12-14-2015, 03:39 AM
nah, no need to buff short circuit, its strong enough like this.
+ like game said, it's still a magic attack, (not like maelstorm) so crushing blow, deadly strike, enhanced damages, life leech etc wont work on this and its good this way.
light sorc are good enough, they dont need to be even better ;)
(+ amplify damage work on short circuit isnt it? so its already awesome)

Mephisto
12-14-2015, 06:04 AM
I think its strong enough as well, seeing how u can get like 20K Nova easy ( Physical! ) And switch to Lightning doing another ~30K Easy! ( Lightdmg ) this makes it a awesome hybrid weapon.

Frigide
12-14-2015, 07:19 AM
I think its strong enough as well, seeing how u can get like 20K Nova easy ( Physical! ) And switch to Lightning doing another ~30K Easy! ( Lightdmg ) this makes it a awesome hybrid weapon.
I didnt have the chance to try this item. What do u mean by switching to lightning? Something like oeldritch on switch so u have phy and light dmg on same char? (why do u lose 10K dmg from light to phy?)

thessarill
12-14-2015, 07:39 AM
The short circuit item transform your nova damage ( light) as physical.
But you still use lighting damage with the lighting spell.
you dont lose 10k damage, he spoke about 2 different spells.

StenchTrench
12-14-2015, 07:47 AM
You don't need to switch weapons with Short Circuit. The skill "Lightning" is a synergy for the skill "Nova". Short circuit converts Nova damage to physical damage instead of lightning damage. You can assign the skill "Lightning" to your left-click and it is still lightning based damage to take out physical immunes. Hence a hybrid build. I'm going to be honest though. I do more damage and clear faster as just pure lightning with conviction aura rather than waiting for amp damage to have a 30% chance to trigger off of a successful strike from a monster. I'm using short circuit/nova ormus/spirit/shrieking lich/death's advance/ Scourgelord's Girdle/magefists/maras amulet/and sojs at the moment and still dont do as much damage as when I swap out the short circuit for an Eschuta's. Any gear suggestions for a successful Short Circuit build?

thessarill
12-14-2015, 08:10 AM
You don't need to switch weapons with Short Circuit. The skill "Lightning" is a synergy for the skill "Nova". Short circuit converts Nova damage to physical damage instead of lightning damage. You can assign the skill "Lightning" to your left-click and it is still lightning based damage to take out physical immunes. Hence a hybrid build. I'm going to be honest though. I do more damage and clear faster as just pure lightning with conviction aura rather than waiting for amp damage to have a 30% chance to trigger off of a successful strike from a monster. I'm using short circuit/nova ormus/spirit/shrieking lich/death's advance/ Scourgelord's Girdle/magefists/maras amulet/and sojs at the moment and still dont do as much damage as when I swap out the short circuit for an Eschuta's. Any gear suggestions for a successful Short Circuit build?

cow set
short circ
malev
tyrael belt
purrys
wisp
cons
maras

tried this?

Mephisto
12-14-2015, 08:11 AM
Yeah i ment the skill '' Lightning '' that you can put on left click indeed, and lets say u find urself a tough unique that stays immune with conviction + lower resist ( Seis, Venom lord '' in some cases '' in Chaos Sanctuary for example ) you could switch to the Nova skill ( right side ) dealing with light immunes, this way!
DO keep in mind that a PHYSICAL NOVA can be blocked, unlike a LIGHTNING NOVA that can never be blocked, unless the monster got Evade/dodge ( Dreamland Bosses for example )
Keep in mind that Ondals Helm ( Set Spired Helm ) works great on Physical Nova, mercenary, it has chance to proc AMPLIFY dmg as well.

Lampogriz
12-14-2015, 08:34 AM
but ondal helm amp ctc wont work with nova, since nova is spell

Mephisto reply: Ondals on merc, let him cast it :)

thessarill
12-14-2015, 08:39 AM
but why would short circuit have amp damage as a trigger if its useless on it? :'( would work on it as its not an effect on striking but an effect applied to the monster.

Frigide
12-14-2015, 09:19 AM
Thx all for the infos.
I ll try if i have a chance, but it seems pure nova or phy nova is the same: sorcs are useless for late game content (or maybe some inf cow)

Mephisto
12-14-2015, 09:31 AM
There's so many more interesting sorc builds out there, think about 1 with frostmourne and a max coldmastery ( sindragosa ), Zeal sorc with sha + Static, this new runeword we got, that can transform u into a bear. There's still a lot to discover imo :)

thessarill
12-14-2015, 10:32 AM
or light sorc with static and eldruin :)

Game
12-14-2015, 12:31 PM
but why would short circuit have amp damage as a trigger if its useless on it? :'( would work on it as its not an effect on striking but an effect applied to the monster.

It is absolutely not useless, it works since it is casted when you are hit. If you have one that is triggers when you STRIKE it will not work, but anything amped definitely takes more damage from Short Circuit Nova.

thessarill
12-14-2015, 09:04 PM
Yup game i know. It was ironic, i know you aren't doing anything useless :-)

Game
12-14-2015, 09:27 PM
Yup game i know. It was ironic, i know you aren't doing anything useless :-)

:) I didn't mean that in a mean tone, I was just making sure everyone knew the Amplify Damage on Short Circuit isn't there for looks!

LordManhammer
12-15-2015, 11:00 AM
Decrepify should work as well. That is a more reliable proc when you equip the unique thresher on your act 2 merc. I think its 30% chance to proc on striking. That and you get the added bonus of crowd control:)

LordManhammer
12-15-2015, 11:01 AM
Reaper's Toll:)

StenchTrench
12-15-2015, 11:42 AM
Never thought about trying out Reaper's...