PDA

View Full Version : Act 3 merc

babetukas
12-20-2015, 09:48 AM
Hello, was thinking of something earlier that maybe for end game content act 3 merc is better then act 2 merc for few reasons, afcourse everything depends on you char, but as im playing caster / necromancer I noted few things. Act 3 merc is better because he tries to be near you and avoid damage, he has more item slot than act 2 merc that can result in potential better stats / auras and he does not go in front line to die. for gear you can equip them with focus runeword for helm, steel for armor coz aura and great stats overall with hel rune so he could equip it, and malevelent runeword shield for aura, lastly weapon i was thinking of lichking weapon, because of great stats and its 1 hand sword that comliments all frost act 3 merc stats. The main difference is act 2 merc is slugish and slow and gets killed in dream lands. What your opinion on this what weapon you would advise for him and why ? Or post your build.

LordManhammer
12-20-2015, 11:53 AM
Hello, was thinking of something earlier that maybe for end game content act 3 merc is better then act 2 merc for few reasons, afcourse everything depends on you char, but as im playing caster / necromancer I noted few things. Act 3 merc is better because he tries to be near you and avoid damage, he has more item slot than act 2 merc that can result in potential better stats / auras and he does not go in front line to die. for gear you can equip them with focus runeword for helm, steel for armor coz aura and great stats overall with hel rune so he could equip it, and malevelent runeword shield for aura, lastly weapon i was thinking of lichking weapon, because of great stats and its 1 hand sword that comliments all frost act 3 merc stats. The main difference is act 2 merc is slugish and slow and gets killed in dream lands. What your opinion on this what weapon you would advise for him and why ? Or post your build.

That's actually the exact setup that I use for my act 3 merc on my Frostfire Zon. I use a different helm though. Malevolent is nice but the radius of that aura isn't always within reach of the monsters you are attacking because the merc's tendency to hang back.

thessarill
12-20-2015, 09:32 PM
As weapon i use ssshaaa, shield bulwark, steel carapace and horseman caster. With a smiter, workshops well

zeCook
12-25-2015, 03:24 AM
But is this suitable for a golemancer? The 4 golems are great for tanking with the aura from the goka,but this means that the main damage is done by the merc. I haven't tried to equip an act3 merc the way listed above,so don't actually know what kind of damage it makes. For the moment my golemancer has an act 2 combat merc with infinity,giant skull and fortitude, but to be honest I am not very pleased with the result.

Lampogriz
12-25-2015, 03:26 AM
act 2 merc with insanity physical is best option

zeCook
12-25-2015, 03:30 AM
act 2 merc with insanity physical is best option

What is Insanity? And best option for golemancer in particular or in general?

FromTheRez
12-25-2015, 03:32 AM
if only a5 mercs could dual wield/frenzy, the new BK set would have a whole new use :D

zeCook
12-25-2015, 03:40 AM
if only a5 mercs could dual wield/frenzy, the new BK set would have a whole new use :D

Yup :D but seeing as how this is not the case,your thoughts on the subject above? :D

FromTheRez
12-25-2015, 04:54 AM
Insanity is the Cthulu Set Thresher.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2mwdkbs.gif

I've honestly never used a golemmancer so can't give advice there, although my other opinions on the initial setup have already been covered! (malev range being moot, etc)

Crusade
12-27-2015, 08:40 AM
Dragons Bulwark+Templars Might+Focus+Azurewrath; is what I've planned on using for a3 light on my barb whenever I can get around to all that shit xP